• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the 905 / South Bay game last night and that was 10x better than what was being shown right now in march madness. (The G-League is going to be huge in less than 5 years. I have no doubt about this. The writing is on the wall)

The coaching, the play calling, the players, if you're investing into a player, I'd rather see my guy go up against that than the NCAA.

Watching Ayton against what I saw last night > Watching Bagley play against middle schoolers most of the season. By the time the college season starts, we know who's the freshmen going to the NBA anyway

And college basketball does have it's place relative to the pros, I think. No one would say that on a pure basketball level, that the idea of college basketball should be abolished. Just shouldn't be mandatory for guys who are clearly only going to be there for a couple of months.

(Although the racial element behind not paying these young black men who are bringing in billions of dollars to the school via the only two sports that make money to me is a HUGE issue w/some serious racial subtext and that's going to bring the NCAA down if they don't fix it, but that's kind of another convo)

I just think it isn't worth it for players who are destined for the NBA. Like, if you're a top prospect, and are "NBA ready" 6 months after stepping foot on campus, then there's no doubt that you could have spent that 6 months playing within an NBA framework against other pros, getting paid, (!), under NBA supervision, training, and competition. I don't even think this is up for debate honestly.

They’re developing in an environment with silly rules and inferior coaching. It’s immaterial from a scouting perspective, which is why you can’t back it up with stats

100% immaterial. Really? What about physical development?

I was at the 905 / South Bay game last night and that was 10x better than what was being shown right now in march madness. (The G-League is going to be huge in less than 5 years. I have no doubt about this. The writing is on the wall)

The coaching, the play calling, the players, if you're investing into a player, I'd rather see my guy go up against that than the NCAA.

Watching Ayton against what I saw last night > Watching Bagley play against middle schoolers most of the season. By the time the college season starts, we know who's the freshmen going to the NBA anyway

When the NBA starts adopting some of the G-league rules.

Reset timeouts
FAEA180B-D619-4689-BC1B-842853C41A78.png

Shot clock going to 14 after a miss shot instead of 24

Two minute overtime periods

Last edited:
And college basketball does have it's place relative to the pros, I think. No one would say that on a pure basketball level, that the idea of college basketball should be abolished. Just shouldn't be mandatory for guys who are clearly only going to be there for a couple of months.

(Although the racial element behind not paying these young black men who are bringing in billions of dollars to the school via the only two sports that make money to me is a HUGE issue w/some serious racial subtext and that's going to bring the NCAA down if they don't fix it, but that's kind of another convo)

I just think it isn't worth it for players who are destined for the NBA. Like, if you're a top prospect, and are "NBA ready" 6 months after stepping foot on campus, then there's no doubt that you could have spent that 6 months playing within an NBA framework against other pros, getting paid, (!), under NBA supervision, training, and competition. I don't even think this is up for debate honestly.

This is the entire point. Obviously college serves its purpose, but the Ben Simmons’ of the world had no reason to waste time in college.

This argument is for the clear cut 1 and dones.

I mean did you see how they were defending Ayton in R1 of the tourney?

Did you see UVA against UMBC? Or for this entire season for that matter?

Did you see Trae Young's teammates?

The idea that you're more comfortable drafting a prospect after 6 months in this setting, instead of seeing them in a G League setting is laughable. It makes no sense at all. And that's not a knock on college basketball, like I said it has it's place. But the model makes no sense for NBA prospects.

I mean did you see how they were defending Ayton in R1 of the tourney?

Did you see UVA against UMBC? Or for this entire season for that matter?

Did you see Trae Young's teammates?

The idea that you're more comfortable drafting a prospect after 6 months in this setting, instead of seeing them in a G League setting is laughable. It makes no sense at all. And that's not a knock on college basketball, like I said it has it's place. But the model makes no sense for NBA prospects.

You’re talking about stars who looked good in college. What about the 5 star recruits who didn’t look good in 6 months? Draft position is identical for all these guys?

You’re talking about stars who looked good in college. What about the 5 star recruits who didn’t look good in 6 months? Draft position is identical for all these guys?

Every 5 star recruit isn’t an nba player and hasn’t been since the beginning of time. The rankings are based on high school talent, not NBA readiness

I meant in the nba. The answer is older black men.

Unless you think the nba set up that rule to keep the ncaa scam alive, which maybe David stern did. But hopefully developing a real minor league program will end that.

Bingo again. It absolutely is set up that way! The NCAA and the NBA were / have been in bed together for awhile. The overarching point of the rule was not for "player development" man. That's BS. Like I said the idea of D Ayton being more prepared playing with Parker Cartwright (Who's the homie) instead of a real NBA point guard is INSANE. That had a lot to do with helping the NCAA out.

You think Russ knows he needs to get 12 boards a game over the rest of the season to average a triple double?

Reactions: HIM
Bingo again. It absolutely is set up that way! The NCAA and the NBA were / have been in bed together for awhile. The overarching point of the rule was not for "player development" man. That's BS. Like I said the idea of D Ayton being more prepared playing with Parker Cartwright (Who's the homie) instead of a real NBA point guard is INSANE. That had a lot to do with helping the NCAA out.

I don’t believe the nba is responsible for the ncaa’s sins. They are paying players what they deserve. They are not the ones running the scam. And they don’t have any incentive any more to keep it going. And there are some positive signs they will take active steps to end it too, like making the G league into a real development program and college alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom