• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lonzo does develop a good in-between game, I certainly do think he could become an all-star. I just think it's a ton to ask of someone, and I can't even think of an example off the top of my head of someone who has done it before.

It's like people refuse to see this part.

And that's the hard reality of it. These were his red flags coming into the league, and w/the season 10 games away from being done, they're even more pronounced than they were last June. In fact, he's probably further behind in those respects than most would have expected.

He only shoots 3's and is below average at that while shooting only 45% from the Free throw line (barely gets there) with no breakdown or finishing ability to speak of. No midrange game to speak of, like at all. He isn't bad at those things...they don't exist in his bag at all, and that's the issue.

As long as...............
Stephen-Curry_Under-Armour-Curry-5-Pi-Day_Nick-DePaula_1.jpg

These hard tbh

And that's the hard reality of it. These were his red flags coming into the league, and w/the season 10 games away from being done, they're even more pronounced than they were last June. In fact, he's probably further behind in those respects than most would have expected.

He only shoots 3's and is below average at that while shooting only 45% from the Free throw line (barely gets there) with no breakdown or finishing ability to speak of. No midrange game to speak of, like at all. He isn't bad at those things...they don't exist in his bag at all, and that's the issue.

So how do we evaluate a Ben Simmons who is completely unwilling to shoot beyond 10-15 feet? I’m just askinh because while I completely agree with your assessment, I want to make sure we’re judging these prospects by the same principles.

So how do we evaluate a Ben Simmons who is completely unwilling to shoot beyond 10-15 feet? I’m just askinh because while I completely agree with your assessment, I want to make sure we’re judging these prospects by the same principles.

Well Ben is a much better athlete who’s also bigger, and 6’10. And even still, if Ben Simmons wasn’t playing with Jojo his weaknesses probably would be more pronounced. Ben is a part of one of the best 5 man starting units in the league, that helps a ton

If Houston don't win it this year they ain't ever getting it.

Had him pondering his life after dropping 40 on his head :lol:

F7C7A536-5C16-4608-BD50-523BD2E22820.jpeg

Then he called Bron the best player in the world.

To be fair though, Bron is a few years younger than Giannis so this isn't too impressive.

Learn Greek.

2019 MVP :pimp:

Well Ben is a much better athlete who’s also bigger, and 6’10. And even still, if Ben Simmons wasn’t playing with Jojo his weaknesses probably would be more pronounced. Ben is a part of one of the best 5 man starting units in the league, that helps a ton
Simmons as the point guard has the 6ers 13th in the league offensively.. creepin up on that "Ben will never lead a top 10 offense as a point guard" theory

You drop Simmons on a majority of any playoff team in exchange for their 2nd best player and you could still say that he'd be on one of the best 5 man starting units. There's a common denominator there

i always thoughts handles was an innate thing. its basically all about feel and instinct, hand an eye chemistry and coordination. im sure everybody grew up practicing dribble...yet there are so few actual killer ball handles with that thing on a string. only a few dudes in the L can actually yank people consistently. Its why the list of goat handlers in the L is short and why And-1 even existed. Everything aint for everyone.

i say that to say...Zo is cooked. One does not simply become hot sauce in a summer. One is born hot sauce and marinates.

Under Armor should be ashamed of themselves, putting the Elite D God in harms way with that lowtop flipflop shoe.

Isn't it already common knowledge that high tops =/= ankle support?

The Curry 4 and Curry 4 lows were some of the most stable shoes I've tried in a long time.

Yeah I mean, he's the opposite of Lonzo. He's a high level scorer off the dribble. It helps that he's a huge athletic dude.

He does need to develop some kind of jumper that can at least disallow defenders from completely sagging off of. Will open up more passing lanes for him too.

i always thoughts handles was an innate thing. its basically all about feel and instinct, hand an eye chemistry and coordination. im sure everybody grew up practicing dribble...yet there are so few actual killer ball handles with that thing on a string. only a few dudes in the L can actually yank people consistently. Its why the list of goat handlers in the L is short and why And-1 even existed. Everything aint for everyone.

i say that to say...Zo is cooked. One does not simply become hot sauce in a summer. One is born hot sauce and marinates.
I agree with your theory and I don't see how anyone could really debate this. More so on your theory it's also about mentality

You don't develop a mentality like that and to a similar extent shooting. This is why I'm concerned about Simmons perimeter game, I figured he'd pop a few jumpers once he got out of that **** LSU offense but alas, nope

He won't become a dribble drive guard most likely, can't really hope for that. Best hope is that he can get defenders off balanced by becoming any kind of 3 point threat as well as improve his god awful finishing which I've mentioned factors that could lead to improvements

Simmons as the point guard has the 6ers 13th in the league offensively.. creepin up on that "Ben will never lead a top 10 offense as a point guard" theory

You drop Simmons on a majority of any playoff team in exchange for their 2nd best player and you could still say that he'd be on one of the best 5 man starting units. There's a common denominator there

Well I mean, what is creeping up? Are they or are they not :lol: the season is about to be over, I doubt they’ll get there in 12 games, but maybe.

And how do you know that about replacing Simmons with other guys on other teams? He’s a unique prospect that requires a certain make up of teammates for optimal success, much like Lonzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom