• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
C Webb is funny tho. He knew damn well that shot was late and just wanted to make it dramatic :lol:

Steph was definitely playing about as good defense on those couple Harden clearouts as one could play. Didn't really get shook and was on him the whole time. Harden is an elite shot maker. The incredible offensive talent is generally going to come out on top in the end in these situations, but this doesn't mean that the defender is some bum.

He stayed in front he's just too short. Anytime you have to dribble dribble for 10 seconds before taking a contested shot, that's good d.

IMG_0271.JPG

Nikola Mirotic Was the Aggressor, Charged at Bobby Portis Multiple Times Before Getting Punched

Mirotic initiated the skirmish. “He was the aggressor, not Portis,” I am informed. “Mirotic shoved Portis twice, maybe three times. When Portis retaliated with a hard shove, Mirotic charged him. Portis put him down.”

The players had been talking trash to one another in practice, going back and forth before those exchanges escalated into a physical encounter, league sources told ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski. Mirotic charged at Portis twice before Portis threw a punch and connected with Mirotic’s face, league sources said. Mirotic dropped to the floor and lay there for several minutes before getting up, league sources said.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/10/18/ni...portis-multiple-times-before-getting-punched/

IMG_0206.PNG
Sounds like mirotic deserved it

Pretty much how I figured it went. You don't cave somebody's face in without being provoked, usually

Not putting too much on it but I never understood why dudes wear low top shoes with no ankle support. I remember when Kobe started this trend I didn't like it. Every time I played basketball I needed shoes with ankle support. All the running, jumping, lateral movement, to me you need shoes with ankle support. Lebron and Steph shoes got hella ankle support.

As someone with glass ankles, the low top love is baffling to me.

Not putting too much on it but I never understood why dudes wear low top shoes with no ankle support. I remember when Kobe started this trend I didn't like it. Every time I played basketball I needed shoes with ankle support. All the running, jumping, lateral movement, to me you need shoes with ankle support. Lebron and Steph shoes got hella ankle support.

The shoes are lighter, usually lower to the ground, allow you to move more freely.

Heel lockdown and overall fit have a lot to do with stability though. If those two are on point, your foot won't slide in the shoe and you can prevent a lot more injuries. Of course high top shoes can reduce some of the inversion involved in most ankle sprains, but there have been cases/studies that showed that preventing the ankle from rolling the way it wants to may compromise the knee. I'm not 100% sure why nor can I find the source.

A huge factor people overlook is the strengthening and conditioning of the muscles in your foot and the ankle/knee joints themselves. Hayward is a pro athlete. I'm sure he does balance drills and strengthens his feet in some fashion, but it's these two things that can have the biggest impact on reducing ankle injuries. They're just so important.

At the end of the day though, I don't think a high top shoe would have prevented what happened. Injuries aren't avoidable entirely. You can reduce them. Some select athletes never suffer a major injury their entire careers (LeBron has been especially lucky in this department). Still, you take a risk when you get involved in any sport/activity. It's unfortunate. I hope GH can return next season and play at the same level if not better than before.

Yep, and various people in this thread overlooked that :lol: Curry was looking like a Brock Lesnar entrance celebrating before they reversed the basket

Game was close. Whoever won deserved to celebrate like it was a playoff game. First game of the season, big matchup, emotions should be high.

Went to the opener last night. First off prayer up to Gordon, that was the most gruesome injury I ever seen live, it was on the same side and corner I was on.

Really need to see what this team looks like IT, I don't like our starting lineup. We need to bring D Wade off the bench. I think when It get's back, it will Be Bron, IT, JR, K Love, Tristan, with D Rose, D Wade, Crowder off the bench, which is a solid 2nd unit.

Will Thibodeau work the Wolves into the ground article on ESPN.

Still, rather than give the young legs a break, Thibodeau went the other direction. The youth on the roster seemed to enable the coach's past tendencies that got him in trouble with Chicago brass. The Timberwolves were one of five teams who didn't register a DNP-Rest last season. And of the top six players in minutes per game, three of them belonged to Thibodeau's team. This summer, he landed a fourth: Jimmy Butler.

Will Thibodeau work the Wolves into the ground article on ESPN.

Still, rather than give the young legs a break, Thibodeau went the other direction. The youth on the roster seemed to enable the coach's past tendencies that got him in trouble with Chicago brass. The Timberwolves were one of five teams who didn't register a DNP-Rest last season. And of the top six players in minutes per game, three of them belonged to Thibodeau's team. This summer, he landed a fourth: Jimmy Butler.

he's still coaching in the 80's

Houston :pimp:

Kinda wish I stayed up for that now :lol:,I tapped out when it looked like the Dubs were washing them off the court.

PJ Tucker was cheesing hard as hell postgame in the highlights :lol:,dude went from playing with Derozan and Lowry to Harden and CP. I'd feel like a new man too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom