• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the warriors have no answer for the rockets offense if I'm reading this correctly

Nah, pick James and Chris up full court.

Send James right on the PNR with your big man parked at the rim. Make him try to finish over the top ala Spurs.

Switch the PNR with Chris and make him consistently beat you 1 on 1 without helping off shooters.

Run Ariza off the line when his in the corners, live with him shooting above the break 3’s

Jam Capela before he sets the screen and keep him off the offensive boards

Anderson doesn’t make shots at home so no worries.

Help off Gordon drives he’s a below average playmaker .

Last edited:
For sure. "The Decision" changed the entire way Superstars in their prime approach their careers.

We legit think a team with Gordon Hayward/Kyrie Irving/Anthony Davis isn't even all that wild because of what LBJ did, for instance.

Yea for as much as older players talk about "loyalty" and all that stuff, many of them would change their tune if they had the chance to win a ring. Not every one is lucky enough to fall right in with a team poised for a title run. I'm sure Karl Malone, John Stockton, and Patrick Ewing would love to have a ring and still be in the prime of their careers.

Nah, pick James and Chris up full court.

Send James right on the PNR with your big man parked at the rim. Make him try to finish over the top ala Spurs.

Switch the PNR with Chris and make him consistently beat you 1 on 1 without helping off shooters.

Run Ariza off the line when his in the corners, live with him shooting above the break 3’s

Jam Capela before he sets the screen and keep him of the offensive boards

Anderson doesn’t make shots at home so no worries.

Help off Gordon drives he’s a below average playmaker .

I agree with all except guarding Harden full court. Sure you can wear him down but he’s too good downhill from half court. At worse he’s getting fouled

Yes.

Shaq HAS to be on there. AI and Kobe should be higher than Larry Bird. I don't remember any dudes wanting to play like Larry Bird. AI had kids copying his every move, his hair, his tats.

Mike
Wilt
Lebron
Magic
Shaq
AI
Kareem
Dr J
Steph
Kobe

I would put KG and Dirk in there too.
I'm not sure where you from and what era, but if you never heard anyone say they wanted to be like Larry or stepping behind the 3 and saying Bird I have to question age/location.

Dude was just as mainstream as Magic. Converse had the Magic Vs Bird joints ... gave all the white kids hopes etc etc.

I remember kids saying Bird without knowing whjo was Bird.

Honestly.. Give me Dirk over Kobe. Dirk has had a bigger impact on the way basketball is played Kobes effects on the culture.

Kobe didn't really impact the culture. He was just wildly popular. The two are not synonymous

jsindaa jsindaa this is an example of what I’m talking about

This is different than what we were discussing (I was specifically talking about LeBron saying what he did) but yes I agree with you here. There are some weirdos when it comes to him. Both things are true is all I'm saying

Honestly.. Give me Dirk over Kobe. Dirk has had a bigger impact on the way basketball is played Kobes effects on the culture.

Kobe didn't really impact the culture. He was just wildly popular. The two are not synonymous

wrong. and dirk didnt impact the way the game is played.

growth spurts did that. every kid that grew up a guard and shooting and suddenly had an AD type growth spurt but retained those skills, changed the game, not dirk.

Yea for as much as older players talk about "loyalty" and all that stuff, many of them would change their tune if they had the chance to win a ring. Not every one is lucky enough to fall right in with a team poised for a title run. I'm sure Karl Malone, John Stockton, and Patrick Ewing would love to have a ring and still be in the prime of their careers.

Yup and the "Superteam" concept wasn't even a real thing. No one even thought about doing it because the concept didn't exist. You don't think ****** would have teamed up to beat Mike considering everyone knew he was the greatest of all time?

So why do all these current NBA players say that Kobe was major influence on them? Why do they look at him as a mentor?

Ya'll dudes can't put your bias aside for **** when it comes to Kobe. :lol:

Tweet won’t load
They took it down. But.... The internet is forever
download_20180328_142516.jpg

So why do all these current NBA players say that Kobe was major influence on them? Why do they look at him as a mentor?

Ya'll dudes can't put your bias aside for **** when it comes to Kobe. :lol:
I have no bias against Kobe and I literally just said that I don't consider popularity a large cultural impact point.

Yeah in this context, I'd say "Game changer" is interchangeable with transcendent. Dirk truly changed the way footers approached the game. Kobe really was just a great imitation of someone we've seen before and I swear I don't mean that in a bad way, it's quite the opposite.

More kids should look up to duncan. Won 5 rings and knew when he was washed. Kobe was still tryna hoop like he was in his prime and started breaking down like a saturn.

I would give credit to perimeter oriented 7 footers to Iverson not Dirk.
KD and Porzingis both said they wanted to play like AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom