• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did Kobe do to push the culture of basketball forward? Seriously. Lmao isn't cutting it.

Ya'll are really missing my point. Staying Kobe was a global icon isn't moving the needle for me, you're essentially saying he's popular which isn't enough for me.
Got it, so what has LeBron done ?

Using your statement .... Curry is #2 and not even close. Hell, he might give Jordan a run for #1.

he had a global impact didnt he ?
Again being popular isn't moving the needle for me..

LeBron changed the way star players in their prime control their careers that is a cultural impact. Just being popular isn't enough for me.

But if it is for you guys then I understand.

Good to see Ingram back, I don't mind him playing, I don't think they're meaningless games in reality, I've been saying he needs to get as many reps with Lonzo, Randle and kuzma as possible for next year

Yeah in this context, I'd say "Game changer" is interchangeable with transcendent. Dirk truly changed the way footers approached the game. Kobe really was just a great imitation of someone we've seen before and I swear I don't mean that in a bad way, it's quite the opposite.

Dirk was more of a 'game changer' while Kobe was more of a 'game breaker'

Seriously? The Decision alone changed basketball forever.
Free agency and Caps did that .... be took advantage of what was given to include the fact that he wanted to join up with all stars to win. I mean ... you guys said the big three was started in Celtics .. so no.

Who has Dirk influenced?

KD will tell you his favorite player is dirk. Look at Porzingis primary comparison. Look at how many euros were vaulted into existence due to Dirk (bargnani, radmanovic.) look at how Kobe, KD, and every other NBA player that kicks his leg up on the fadeaway.

Darko or Nikolas Tskitisvili don’t get drafted in the top 5 without Dirk’s success :lol:.

There was a period in time where scouts were scouring the globe looking for the “next Dirk”.
They still are

Dirk is one of the few players in the league who is damn near unguardable. That fadeaway should be taught to every big man.

KD will tell you his favorite player is dirk. Look at Porzingis primary comparison. Look at how many euros were vaulted into existence due to Dirk (bargnani, radmanovic.) look at how Kobe, KD, and every other NBA player that kicks his leg up on the fadeaway.
I recall KD saying he wanted to play like AI...
Porzingis too.
You have a good point about the euros being drafted high.

Serious question

Has Kobe already been kinda forgot about?
Dude just want an award for his farewell short film ... Lol

I don't even like Kobe like that but whatever .. I was at peace when I was avoiding this thread ....

I just came in here to again prove why LeBron will win it all this year ....

Who has Dirk influenced?
usatsi_7896714.jpg

548b17d0ecad043c5e27d6fd-750-563.jpg

i

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...rs-carrying-dirk-nowitzki-fadeaway-legacy-nba

The one-legged fade, however, will probably live forever. It has been adopted by stars throughout the league, part of the arsenal of almost every premier post-up scorer, an essentially unblockable shot if executed properly.

"It's a great way to get a good look up," Nowitzki said. "When you have touch and you're tall, you can always get it up. It doesn't really matter who's on you. When you step back and have the length to shoot it over them, it's a good shot.

"I think that a lot of these guys have just seen that, 'Hey, this is a shot that works. This is a shot that you can get off,' and they've added it to their repertoire. I mean, some of the guys shoot it so easy, a lot smoother than I ever did. It's been fun to watch."

It's also a tribute to the long-lasting impact of Nowitzki. "A show of respect," as LeBron James put it in 2013, when he first implemented the one-footed fade to his game. "You can't contest it. You can't guard it," James said a few years later.

It's essentially paying homage to Nowitzki -- he changed the game by being at the forefront of the revolution of 7-footers firing away from beyond the 3-point arc before creating a go-to midrange move copied by many -- every time a star creates space by lifting his right leg and leaning back to shoot over a helpless foe.

"Dirk's the creator of that. Everybody knows that," New Orleans Pelicans center DeMarcus Cousins said. "That's Dirk all day. The Dirk fade."

Golden State Warriors star Kevin Durant caught the ball just below his right elbow with Mavericks rookie point guard Dennis Smith Jr. on his back and Nowitzki watching from the bench 20 feet away. Durant exploited the mismatch by taking one dribble to get his rhythm and bump Smith before putting up a vintage Dirk fade, a shot Smith and help defender Harrison Barnes had no chance of challenging.

As the ball swished through the net, giving Golden State an 11-point lead with less than four minutes remaining, Durant glanced toward Nowitzki, hoping for an instant of eye contact.

"He had his head down in his towel," Durant said. "I was like, 'Yeah, I stole that one.'"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom