• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah in this context, I'd say "Game changer" is interchangeable with transcendent. Dirk truly changed the way footers approached the game. Kobe really was just a great imitation of someone we've seen before and I swear I don't mean that in a bad way, it's quite the opposite.
Biased.

Honestly.. Give me Dirk over Kobe. Dirk has had a bigger impact on the way basketball is played Kobes effects on the culture.

Kobe didn't really impact the culture. He was just wildly popular. The two are not synonymous
just when i thought i found a ridiculous comment

Kobe was a Lite version of jordan. No durability always breaking down. Jordan was a rolls and kobe was the Chrysler 300
i find this gem
kobe played through it all man
you do know Kobe played more minutes/games etc than ...and i dont want to hear about cause mj closed playoff series...please factor in team usa games etc...

Pic gets me weak for some reason. :lol:

kevin-love-3-27-18.jpg

Honestly.. Give me Dirk over Kobe. Dirk has had a bigger impact on the way basketball is played Kobes effects on the culture.

Kobe didn't really impact the culture. He was just wildly popular. The two are not synonymous
??? Ok ...

You contribute to this thread so much, I see why you always get on me.

SMH

Kobe was a Global Icon his impact in the game extended across the globe.

I would put Steph Curry third tbh.

Agree with this, if not higher. Going to the local pickup gym, jr high school, and highschool all you see is people pulling from the time line. If they can shoot like Steph, that's cool, but 100 times out 100 they have a shooting form like Tony Allen trying to get it from the rim at that distance, never mind missing like him.

Was Kobe REALLY that influential? I feel like saying "I want to be like Kobe!" is really just saying you want to be like Mike.
Taking someone else's blueprint and repackaging it for another generation isn't changing the game.
BIASED

What did Kobe do to push the culture of basketball forward? Seriously. Lmao isn't cutting it.

Ya'll are really missing my point. Staying Kobe was a global icon isn't moving the needle for me, you're essentially saying he's popular which isn't enough for me.

Has to be the "work hard, persevere, Kobe system, mamba blood, 1000% laser focus" aura that is his biggest "cultural contribution" whether on or off the court

The narrative was he really just don't give a f, do whatever it takes and folks ate it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom