• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of floor spacing and KAT shooting 3s, that’s 100% due to dirk. KG shot over 100 3s once in his career, dirk shot less than 100 once.

Like dirk couldn’t be guarded by 4s and 5s because he brought your big out of the paint. He messed the game up
I could be wrong but back then I still remember him having a stigma of being soft and people thinking bigs were most effective closest to the basket.
I 100% believe Steph is more impactful in that regard than Dirk.

The game is always changing for the better.
Dirk influenced big men or tall forwards on adopting a more perimeter game.
LeBron's hybrid forward style is influencing players like Giannis and Ben Simmons.
Harden perfected the euro step that Ginobili had as a signature move.
Kyrie took Shammgod's crossover to a whole another level.
The game is faster now and more efficient than ever.
Just enjoy the evolution.

I could be wrong but back then I still remember him having a stigma of being soft and people thinking bigs were most effective closest to the basket.
I 100% believe Steph is more impactful in that regard than Dirk.

Him being “soft” was partly racial partly due to GSW besting the Mavs as an 8th seed. Dirk regularly outplayed Duncan (he never guarded him) and he washed KG.

And I’ll say Steph is more or as influential as Dirk but also detrimental at the lower levels

Him being “soft” was partly racial partly due to GSW besting the Mavs as an 8th seed. Dirk regularly outplayed Duncan (he never guarded him) and he washed KG.

And I’ll say Steph is more or as influential as Dirk but also detrimental at the lower levels
Detrimental?
You mean like kids that can’t shoot trying to shoot 3s?

That was via trade... And the salary cap existed before LeBron.

LeBron James was the best player in the league at the time also.

You got it though. LeBron hasn't impacted the way star players move.
No he did, now they are all buddies ..stroke each others play summer ball train and compete like best of friends and instead of embracing competition they join with said friends to win titles ... so yeah

So Kobe wasn't a top 10 player, never the best player in the league, overrated as hell, not influential on the game, and not better than James Harden.

And y'all nerds claim to know basketball. Lawd have mercy.

So Kobe wasn't a top 10 player, never the best player in the league, overrated as hell, not influential on the game, and not better than James Harden.

And y'all nerds claim to know basketball. Lawd have mercy.
They only remember 2013 and beyond Kobe :lol:

Kobe was never the best player in the league. He wasnt the best player on the court for 3 of his championships. Solid player on the court, an inefficient scorer, ok defense. Horrible person off the court couldnt stay healthy. SPENT PRIME YEARS NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS OR FIRST ROUND EXIT.

Yes. Mimicking Steph is bad for basketball. Dude is a 1 of 1. I mess with trae young but look how bad he looked when those alien shots weren’t falling. And he’s a pro.
This is a fair point.
But I think all kids should be trained and developed to have some kind of perimeter skills or at the very least be able to make open 3s so it’s not all bad.

The NBA exploded globally, specifically in China, due to Kobe and y'all are telling me Dirk was more impactful? By citing his.. Popularity? Are you ******* serious? Cut it out man. This is so stupid. Mike had kids running around wanting to be like Mike. Kobe had kids running around shooting in everything from an actual hoop to trash cans yelling Kobe as they shot. I don't know what the weird obsession with knocking his legacy is but I really, truly wish you guys would knock it off. Some of y'all same mfs get upset when people say ridiculous things about your favorite player but have been slandering Kobe since 01. Give it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom