• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The list was titled game changers. Can anyone honestly tell me that Kobe changed the game of basketball?
One of the greatest players of all time but please let's not act like he was some great contributor to the EVOLUTION of the game.
He wasnt. He modeled his entire career after another guy to the point he was even planning on going to play for his team, TWICE.
He's a slightly less popular, slightly less accomplished, slightly less skilled Michael Jordan.
His mamba mentality nonsense is just an excuse to be an inefficient scorer while scowling at people for being sick of your ****.
Giving kids a reason to yell your name while taking low IQ shots should not be something to be proud of.
I tried to be nicer about it earlier but **** it I'm in that mood.

Randy-Marsh-Ready-To-Fight-At-The-Baseball-Game-Gif-On-South-Park.gif

Gospel

E1B5958F-6F4F-4F3C-AC94-397CF7484874.gif

Is it fair to say that the league as a whole is going away from Kobe’s style of basketball?

It seems that the stretch 4 is more popular than ever.

It's it though? Demar is a great value Kobe. Kuzma is modeling his game after him as well. He still has influence even with this next generation. Y'all keep talking about the killer mentality like it's a joke but that aspect as well as his legendary work ethic still permeates the league. Why do you think some of the league's best players continue to work with him in the off-season? To learn what NOT to do? Y'all really sound dumb on this one, moreso than usual.

It's it though? Demar is a great value Kobe. Kuzma is modeling his game after him as well. He still has influence even with this next generation. Y'all keep talking about the killer mentality like it's a joke but that aspect as well as his legendary work ethic still permeates the league. Why do you think some of the league's best players continue to work with him in the off-season? To learn what NOT to do? Y'all really sound dumb on this one, moreso than usual.

Demar is in the process of evolving his game.

Looking to shoot more 3’s, sweep through move when he’s driving to the rim and adding more playmaking.

Living in the midrange gets you nowhere in today’s NBA.

I have no doubt Kobe wouldn’t be shooting those shots if he was in his prime now.

The list was titled game changers. Can anyone honestly tell me that Kobe changed the game of basketball?
One of the greatest players of all time but please let's not act like he was some great contributor to the EVOLUTION of the game.
He wasnt. He modeled his entire career after another guy to the point he was even planning on going to play for his team, TWICE.
He's a slightly less popular, slightly less accomplished, slightly less skilled Michael Jordan.
His mamba mentality nonsense is just an excuse to be an inefficient scorer while scowling at people for being sick of your ****.
Giving kids a reason to yell your name while taking low IQ shots should not be something to be proud of.
I tried to be nicer about it earlier but **** it I'm in that mood.

Randy-Marsh-Ready-To-Fight-At-The-Baseball-Game-Gif-On-South-Park.gif

how did bron change the actual game of basketball then?

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba-...ats-to-the-warriors/996iypxc6ems1buzpmg6nap6v

David Aldridge: Joel Embiid told me that Kobe was a real inspiration for him growing up to be a basketball player. You obviously came from a different place in terms of growing up with the NBA game, but what were your memories of watching him as a kid?

Klay Thompson: I was just fortunate to watch him, obviously go from the transformation from number 8 to 24, win championships, scoring titles, put on historic performances, and his game winners. He missed a lot of game winners, but that’s what made him who he was. He was never afraid to take the shot. He always wanted it. He made some of those incredible shots look easy. Such an incredible athlete. The way he could contort his body, too. People forget, he was such a great player, he came into the league a better athlete than he was a player. He honed his skills. You’ve got to respect somebody who maximized his potential, and Kobe did that.

DA: You played against him a few times. What was that like?

KT: It was always one of my favorite games, because he was the guy I watched the most growing up. So to always play against him was a huge moment for me. And he faced that every night. That’s why he was such a great player. Like the guys like Michael Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, Larry Bird, they faced the opponent’s best game every night. He showed up every night, and always embraced the challenge and the competition. So it’s just some of my favorite moments as a player. I’m going to get to tell my kids one day that I got to compete against Kobe.

Fam, what logical explanation can you give that Dirk influenced the game but Kobe did not? And you can't ignore popularity when he was the most popular athlete IN THE MOST POPULATED COUNTRY ON EARTH. I don't care how you slice it, that's insane. They both were influential. They both were key in getting the game to where it is today. And if we're gonna go down this, he copied x players game, then I don't want to hear any of you ever talk about MJ. Ever. When he freely admitted he modeled his game after David Thompson
I never said Kobe didn't contribute anything. I just said that Dirk contributed MORE from my perspective.

lebron said kobe was the best player in the league in an interview. in like 08ish. it was also pretty well agreed kobe was the god on the redeem team.

Demar is in the process of evolving his game.

Looking to shoot more 3’s, sweep through move when he’s driving to the rim and adding more playmaking.

Living in the midrange gets you nowhere in today’s NBA.

I have no doubt Kobe wouldn’t be shooting those shots if he was in his prime now.

So Kobe didn't shoot 3s now?

Also address the latter part of my point. Why are they still going to him if the game is moving away from his style of play.

I see what Antidope is saying...
Kobe didn’t bring anything new or revolutionary to the game of basketball..
I still believe the lack of that doesn’t really matter when you weigh his cultural impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom