• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The NBA exploded globally, specifically in China, due to Kobe and y'all are telling me Dirk was more impactful? By citing his.. Popularity? Are you ******* serious? Cut it out man. This is so stupid. Mike had kids running around wanting to be like Mike. Kobe had kids running around shooting in everything from an actual hoop to trash cans yelling Kobe as they shot. I don't know what the weird obsession with knocking his legacy is but I really, truly wish you guys would knock it off. Some of y'all same mfs get upset when people say ridiculous things about your favorite player but have been slandering Kobe since 01. Give it up.
We are talking about two different things.

I don't hate Kobe by any stretch he's one of my favourite players and played one of the most entertaining seasons I've ever seen. This isn't rooted in bias by any stretch.

Kobe in late 90s was household name. His own video game, sprite commercials, McDonald’s commercials. People wanted to be and play like him. Him overlapping career timeline with MJ kind of dropped him on that list I believe. But Kobe was extremely influential. He was one of the ambassadors that made the game global. 2008 olympics, the China crowd during the intro ceremony was chanting his name. Even his own teammates said he was beyond popular there and he couldn’t go anywhere without other athletes, fans etc swarming him. That’s influence not just popularity. Plus he just won an Oscar.

Also Shaq was crazy influential. They changed rules bc of him.

Anyways this list is dumb. Who cares. Ok Kobe is 12th. Everyone relax.

I completely understand what antidope is saying. What Kobe did on the court was something about that was already done before. No other 7 footer played like Dirk before Dirk. Now big men are letting it fly from everywhere. Antidope is speaking more on how the game changed on the court, not popularity.

We are talking about two different things.

I don't hate Kobe by any stretch he's one of my favourite players and played one of the most entertaining seasons I've ever seen. This isn't rooted in bias by any stretch.

Fam, what logical explanation can you give that Dirk influenced the game but Kobe did not? And you can't ignore popularity when he was the most popular athlete IN THE MOST POPULATED COUNTRY ON EARTH. I don't care how you slice it, that's insane. They both were influential. They both were key in getting the game to where it is today. And if we're gonna go down this, he copied x players game, then I don't want to hear any of you ever talk about MJ. Ever. When he freely admitted he modeled his game after David Thompson

The NBA exploded globally, specifically in China, due to Kobe and y'all are telling me Dirk was more impactful? By citing his.. Popularity? Are you ******* serious? Cut it out man. This is so stupid. Mike had kids running around wanting to be like Mike. Kobe had kids running around shooting in everything from an actual hoop to trash cans yelling Kobe as they shot. I don't know what the weird obsession with knocking his legacy is but I really, truly wish you guys would knock it off. Some of y'all same mfs get upset when people say ridiculous things about your favorite player but have been slandering Kobe since 01. Give it up.

Dirk has inspired and influenced all time greats, Kobe inspired family men

:trolling

I completely understand what antidope is saying. What Kobe did on the court was something about that was already done before. No other 7 footer played like Dirk before Dirk. Now big men are letting it fly from everywhere. Antidope is speaking more on how the game changed on the court, not popularity.

But he keeps citing Bron's impact off the court. Is it oochie wally or one mic?

Dirk has inspired and influenced all time greats, Kobe inspired family men

:trolling

tenor (6).gif

Depends on what we think about kobes influence on Asia in terms of getting kids to play that might not have

I'd equate that to on the court influence

Could start seeing some pro Asians in the future?

The list was titled game changers. Can anyone honestly tell me that Kobe changed the game of basketball?
One of the greatest players of all time but please let's not act like he was some great contributor to the EVOLUTION of the game.
He wasnt. He modeled his entire career after another guy to the point he was even planning on going to play for his team, TWICE.
He's a slightly less popular, slightly less accomplished, slightly less skilled Michael Jordan.
His mamba mentality nonsense is just an excuse to be an inefficient scorer while scowling at people for being sick of your ****.
Giving kids a reason to yell your name while taking low IQ shots should not be something to be proud of.
I tried to be nicer about it earlier but **** it I'm in that mood.

Randy-Marsh-Ready-To-Fight-At-The-Baseball-Game-Gif-On-South-Park.gif

Who cares if Kobe is popular in China

That's like saying David Hasselhoff is popular in Germany

Also Kobe is a snitch

Idk when I see like KAT, AD, Bosh, Aaron Gordon, Bagley (you get where I’m going with this) I think KG before I think Dirk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom