• No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That list said cultural impact though not evolution lol
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Demar is in the process of evolving his game.

Looking to shoot more 3’s, sweep through move when he’s driving to the rim and adding more playmaking.

Living in the midrange gets you nowhere in today’s NBA.

I have no doubt Kobe wouldn’t be shooting those shots if he was in his prime now.
He's basically turning into James Harden because Harden's style of play is more beneficial to the current basketball environment (winning through maximizing efficiency) than pump faking 4 times and then shooting over 2 defenders with 10 seconds left on the shot clock.

KG should be higher.

Started the preps to pros movement in the modern era, popularized bigs with guard skills, signed a contract that made the owners create max contracts, helped bring the Celtics back to relevance...
Da Kid

With all this logic, you might as well just say Ray Allen isn't a top 10 shooter all time just because his game is similar to Reggie Miller's :lol:

With all this logic, you might as well just say Ray Allen isn't a top 10 shooter all time just because his game is similar to Reggie Miller's :lol:
I’m on your side but this isn’t the same argument.
It’d be like someone trying to argue that Ray did something that hadn’t been done before

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

He's basically turning into James Harden because Harden's style of play is more beneficial to the current basketball environment (winning through maximizing efficiency) than pump faking 4 times and then shooting over 2 defenders with 10 seconds left on the shot clock.

Demar is averaging less than 4, 3 point attempts a game this season. Kobe averaged 5 during his prime. Lol

Outside Of Lebron getting curb Stomped their won't be much entertainment in it. The Celtics if healthy will atleast make GS/Hou Work & have close games because their great defensively. The Cavs are a Horrible defense who would be going up against top notch offenses & blown out.
I don't think Celtics are ready to stand with GSW at all. Obviously the Cavs look pretty bad but there's always the LeBron and experience factor.

Also I didn't mention Toronto but should have.

So Kobe didn't shoot 3s now?

Also address the latter part of my point. Why are they still going to him if the game is moving away from his style of play.

Look at his 3PAr in his prime then look at the top scores this year and compare their 3PAr.

The proof is in the shoot selection. Look at the percentage of shoots from the midrange when Kobe was in his prime and look at it now.

The league as a whole is on a downward trend as far as shooting long 2’s and the opposite is as far as shooting 3’s.

Kobe was a killer shot maker, best I've seen in my time, I believe he's one of the most openly disrespected legends but don't think he really changed the game as well. Just can't replicate what Kobe's done(does)

I’m saying Mike did it. You asked what SG had a collection of circus layups. Vince did too

Ok then, they had circus layups. Does that make Kobe's legacy lesser when it's known he influenced the next generation of players like how LeBron has?

I’m on your side but this isn’t the same argument.
It’d be like someone trying to argue that Ray did something that hadn’t been done before
The argument I was seeing is that Kobe was never a top 10 player ever because he replicated some of Jordan's game.
That's why I made that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom