• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
People love calling Wall’s defense overrated (it is) as if the other top pg’s defense isn’t trash outside of CP3 :lol:

That wasn't really a slight at all, but ya'll gotta get your lols and gifs off.

The point being KD is an overall better player by a slight margin, mainly because of his defense. But in the system that GSW runs, Curry's strengths are more crucial to team's success. That's really not a hard concept to understand.

Steph is still top 5 in the league, so there's no slight.

It IS a slight. He’s at worst top 2.

It’s like some people still cant accept the fact that a 190 pound 6 foot 3 inch lightskin guard dominates this era. Words and statements like “overall player” “defense” “two way player” get interjected as backhanded slights to some of Steph’s “deficiencies.”

They seem to apply only to him though for some reason because these same pundits will ignore Dray’s lack of offensive skill and say he’s better than Blake or Kevin Love based on IMPACT. Why can’t the same thing be applicable to Steph? All the numbers, wins the last three years, championships prove that his impact is greater than KD’s..

(Also, he’s a much better player than Draymond)

Pundits etc. are attached to old stereotypes, tropes and how a prototypical player looks with his level of greatness. Curry doesn’t fit any of those attributes so old NBA players, NFL players, etc., who used musty cliches, come up with all these “reasons” why he’s great such as “he has a great team” “it’s the players AROUND him” “incredible bench play, best ever!.” It’s rarely attributed solely to Steph’s greatness because they don’t understand what they are seeing.

Hence, the constant goal posts shifting.

I think also what people get caught up in is the hypethetical; dream up these scenarios if such and such played one on one they would lose blah blah.

Anyway, it’s annoying and some of these hypethetical scenarios have even been played out, like a 2K game but with the sliders turned up and he STILL proved y’all wrong. Then y’all move more goal posts.

For example, with a ailing knee, sprained ankle, and down 3-1, all favorable circumstances for a more talented team, KD lost. Yet, people still can’t rank him higher than KD.

Another example is now, KD, with the same “superior” core squad, has a large enough sample size to compare when leading the Warriors; the offense look ordinary.

The narrative has shifted to “well, the team was built around Steph” same dudes who said ANYBODY with that roster can get the same results were proven wrong again.

Funny to ya boi.

Fact that indy has a better record than OKC and if OKC can't get more than 1 win against GSW without Steph... you probably get slander all summer as well tbh

Don't know what Indy has to do with anything. And in case you forgot I'm rooting for an early OKC flame out.

Don't know what Indy has to do with anything. And in case you forgot I'm rooting for an early OKC flame out.
Russ needed more help, they seemingly fleeced Indy by exchanging someone in Vic that didn't help Russ at all for a perennial All Star in Black Paul

They had a now supposed "Super Team"

Today, somehow Indy has a worse record than Indy

clarkkent415 clarkkent415
Referencing one series to make your point that Steph > KD doesn't make any sense. GSW was up 3-1 in the finals the SAME year and Steph came up lame. The previous year when they won against LeBron and the Cavs reserves, Curry didn't even win finals MVP. The year they won WITH KD, Curry didn't win finals MVP :lol: So that argument can easily go both ways fam. But do you.

Russ needed more help, they seemingly fleeced Indy by exchanging someone in Vic that didn't help Russ at all for a perennial All Star in Black Paul

They had a now supposed "Super Team"

Today, somehow Indy has a worse record than Indy

Who started the Russ got too much help? Or needs less help this season? I've said almost from the beginning that Melo coming was overkill.

Show me who predicted an all star season by Vic before the season, had Indy as a top 5 seed, or thought they won the trade at the time though.

Explain how we got fleeced.

You guys got rid of your 2nd best young player (Lavine), someone who you gave up on (Dunn), and arguably the next great white hope (Lauri). It was an ALL IN trade and you cant even make the playoffs.

Not sure anyone signs in Minnesota either. KAT has no impact outside the stat sheet, Jimmy is the goods, Teague on the downfall of his career, and Wiggins i'm not sure is better than Wilson Chandler. Threw your future out for what? To be a border line playoff team?

Also, who the **** is Justin Patton

You guys got rid of your 2nd best young player (Lavine), someone who you gave up on (Dunn), and arguably the next great white hope (Lauri). It was an ALL IN trade and you cant even make the playoffs.

Not sure anyone signs in Minnesota either. KAT has no impact outside the stat sheet, Jimmy is the goods, Teague on the downfall of his career, and Wiggins i'm not sure is better than Wilson Chandler. Threw your future out for what? To be a border line playoff team?

Also, who the **** is Justin Patton
This is all irrelevant because you’re conveniently forgetting we were the 3rd seed before Jimmy went down :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom