• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Kawhi a rental everywhere except Philly?

The Sixers, Celtics and Lakers (if they sign PG and especially if they sign Cousins too) are the only teams with the assets as well as the players remaining still on their teams to contend during the first year he’s on the team as well as the attractiveness for him to want to stay and the ability to still keep some of their young stars on rookie contracts for another few years.

They’re also the only three teams that if he were to bounce next summer that they’d still be in good positions without him even if they did give up some important assets.

Reactions: DLF
I tend to forget Kiwi has accomplish a trophy and finals mvp..dude can legit coast the rest of his career on a lakers/sixers and be good

The Sixers, Celtics and Lakers (if they sign PG and especially if they sign Cousins too) are the only teams with the assets as well as the players remaining still on their teams to contend during the first year he’s on the team as well as the attractiveness for him to want to stay and the ability to still keep some of their young stars on rookie contracts for another few years.

They’re also the only three teams that if he were to bounce next summer that they’d still be in good positions without him even if they did give up some important assets.
Agree with last thing there. They played all year without Fultz so losing him is a chance you can take if it means kawhi for one year

Jabari looked like 36 year old Melo this year so there’s zero chance in hell thats happening

Lonzo
Ingram
PG
Kuzma
Cousins

Could be really, really good once Cousins can get back on the court

Kawhi instead of PG... hope SA trades him before free agency

Reactions: Ube

The 76ers doesn't make any sense for Kawhi. The already have Simmons and Embiid plus Reddick at his salary is probably gone. The only reason the 76ers as a team currently work is because of Reddick. Take away their outside shooting... them how are they competing with the West... Hell my best guess is that the Fultz shooting reclamation is to make him a more consistent three pt shooter because that is exactly what they'll need once they can no longer afford Reddick

Too bad the Knicks pick is so low and the Nets dont have any true assets. If I'm the Spurs I'm looking at both teams or the Celtics... Philly if they're dumb enough... IF the Cavs still had Kyrie this would've been the best case situation.

They would've gotten a player perfect to play next to Lebron, get rid of both Kyrie and Love ... and have a team that could truly compete... IDK maybe the Spurs feel generous and would take Love, their pick and create a new Twin towers

Kawhi for Love + this years 1st plus 2 conditional 1st rounders top 10 protected for 4-5 years contingent on Kawhi signing the extension

Last edited:
All four play the same three positions. NO three point shooting no depth...........

I don’t think replacing Dario and Covington with LeBron James and Kawhi would hurt our offense man...Kawhi has turned himself into a good shooter and LeBron obviously can get ridiculously hot from outside. That lineup defensively would be amazing. And apparently if we were to include Dario in the trade as well as Fultz, Covington, Bayless and #10 then we could still afford to bring JJ back if he took a deal for anything less than $10 mill per year.

Honestly that wouldn’t be a bad trade at all. You’re getting an All-Star guard in the prime of his career...it’s not like this is old *** Pierce or Garnett like the trade the Nets made. If you’re going to keep Conley and Marc then you might as well do a trade like that where you’re able to get a big time player that should have another 5+ years of high level play.

If the Grizz were looking to make one final run, I dont think they'd give JB Bickerstaff the job.

Tbh though, that team would actually be type good. Feel like Derozan fits perfectly there, I just dont see them going that route

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom