• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he isn’t a good 3 point shooter, he should shoot more as opposed to stepping inside the line where the chances are higher of him making the shot?

I don’t see the logic in that.

@Based Jesus naw they both should be Lakers.

Because he gets more points for shooting / making 3's as opposed to midrange jumpers. Also, what's more important, and you left this out, is that most of his midrange jumpers are contested, where as his 3's would not be. He's taking contested midrange jumpshots this year, which aren't good, and it's especially not good if he's not taking and making 3's.

Last night BI didn't take a single 3 pointer, I think he took maybe one or two midrange jumpers, and fried Memphis. He's frying right now because he's turning down the midrange jumpshot and going to the rim. To me, that's his game right now until he finds his 3 point shot. If he's going to shoot jumpers, make them open / late contest 3's vs contested midrange jumpers. He (And almost every other NBA player) won't make enough of those at a high enough clip to justify them.

When in doubt shoot the 3 :lol:

Nah but seriously he would be better served shooting 3's than mid range jumpers.

I think he's doing great at getting into the paint and mid range not forcing 3's yet. With his size it's easy getting to the rim. Get to the FT line more and he has to get more consistent at the FT line. One night he's 1-4 then he's 6-6.

what i've noticed watching the games this season is that BI finishes a lot better through contact then people give him credit for. as he starts to do it more consistently he's gonna get more & more chances at the line.

Also there's no need for him to be jacling up a bunch of threes if he still doubting them from there, take Open threes when they come to you & that's all. The more time he spends just jacking 3 point shots = less pressure on the defense, when he's working in the midrange he demands a lot more attention because he's shown an ability to get to the basket.

BI is doing fine. He was a bust according to a lot of you, funny it's the same folks all over Zo now too. I should probably put some more crow in the oven. Y'all stay wanting dudes to not play to their strengths cause of analytics. If Ingram is effective doing what he is now, I'd rather him continue to perfect that and then expand his game in the off-season.

BI is doing fine. He was a bust according to a lot of you, funny it's the same folks all over Zo now too. I should probably put some more crow in the oven. Y'all stay wanting dudes to not play to their strengths cause of analytics. If Ingram is effective doing what he is now, I'd rather him continue to perfect that and then expand his game in the off-season.

Huh? We ( or at least I) am literally saying for BI too play to his strengths :lol: last night was the template. If you think taking contested mid range shots are playing to his strengths then more power to you. This season he literally started being way way more effective because he started turning down the same shots that "Analytics" says he shouldn't take.

I think he's doing great at getting into the paint and mid range not forcing 3's yet. With his size it's easy getting to the rim. Get to the FT line more and he has to get more consistent at the FT line. One night he's 1-4 then he's 6-6.

Get to the rim should be the the 1st option.

I'm was saying if it's between shooting a contested midrange shot and a 3 pointer, shooting the 3 pointer is a no brainer in the analytic world.

Right. Exactly. Not necessarily saying he should be taking more 3's, but you'd take 3pt shots over contested midrange shots any day of the week.

I still say he's a bust. A 3 or 4 game "hot streak" ain't changing my opinion of him.

Admittedly I've never been high on him so I'm bias.

Because he gets more points for shooting / making 3's as opposed to midrange jumpers. Also, what's more important, and you left this out, is that most of his midrange jumpers are contested, where as his 3's would not be. He's taking contested midrange jumpshots this year, which aren't good, and it's especially not good if he's not taking and making 3's.

Last night BI didn't take a single 3 pointer, I think he took maybe one or two midrange jumpers, and fried Memphis. He's frying right now because he's turning down the midrange jumpshot and going to the rim. To me, that's his game right now until he finds his 3 point shot. If he's going to shoot jumpers, make them open / late contest 3's vs contested midrange jumpers. He (And almost every other NBA player) won't make enough of those at a high enough clip to justify them.

You get no points for shots that don’t go in though. And I’ve seen him make plenty of mid range jumpers this season. No way people are gonna let that man shoot wide open 3s so why wouldn’t they be contested? That whole notion of shooting 3s as opposed to closer/easier 2s is lost on me. I’ll just agree to disagree though.

(For his sake I hope he doesn’t start pulling 12 triples a game.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom