• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that hard to fathom that some players comfortably shoot contested jumpers because it's a closer shot. Demar has made a pretty damn good career out of it.

You're cool in my book but you rely on numbers way too much. He had a good two month stretch where he flashed lots of upside

He's post Allstar numbers were alright 13/4/3
On 11 FGA's in 36 minutes.

Behind those numbers, the lakers got worse the more minutes he played.

Even when I watch him, I find my self asking what does he do at an elite level? His athleticism does wow me. I guess you can say he has elite length (pause) but he really doesn't use it well.

Like I said I'm bias though

He avg 13 on 47% post all star break last year. This year so far 15 on 45% at 20 years old. Good thing you ain't a GM.

Man this new stats have been the death of real life b-ball conversations. Dudes start throwing out acronyms and I be lost. To watch that man play and say he’s a bust is ridiculous.

He has zero confidence outside of the painted area now. That player from Washington is long gone. I’m not sure when or if he’ll be returning.

Very disappointing.

He has a right shoulder injury where he apparently couldn't even lift his arm above his head and is shooting left handed three pointers in practice and this is your take.

Thank you for your time

These aren’t open shots he’s shooting though. And if you’re going to shoot a contested shot, shoot the one worth more

So the fact the a contested 2 is easier than a contested 3 doesn’t factor in? The closer you are to the rim the higher the chances your shot will go in isn’t true anymore?In the flow of a game you can’t just run back to the 3 point line for every shot.

Nobody is saying he should never shoot 3's but if his 3 ain't falling right now he's 6'9 with a crazy wingspan, move in, get to the rim.

Man this new stats have been the death of real life b-ball conversations. Dudes start throwing out acronyms and I be lost. To watch that man play and say he’s a bust is ridiculous.
Nerds taking over hip hop and basketball.

If you shoot even 30% from deep, on 10 shots that’s 9 points. If you take 10 jumpers inside the arc you need to shoot 50% to beat that. 50% on 2 point jumpers puts you up there with Dirk & Michael ****ing Jordan :lol: highly unlikely.

And that’s an example if you’re well below average from deep. If you’re approaching average, it makes even less sense to take jumpers inside the arc.

Ideally, you use the threat of that 2 pointed to get to the rim, where 99% of players shoot better there than any 2 point jump shot and you’re more likely to get fouled, boosting your efficiency even further. But you want to keep those jumpers to a minimum.

Why is this still difficult to understand

And then you proceed to post more numbers :lol:

IMG_0312.JPG

Am I missing something re: Fultz?

Why WOULD he be doing shooting drills with his right hand if he just got shut down with a right shoulder injury?

He has a right shoulder injury where he apparently couldn't even lift his arm above his head and is shooting left handed three pointers in practice and this is your take.

Thank you for your time
I must be missing it then.

If the shoulder is still either in pain or on the mend why do shooting drills at all? You're raising both arms on jump shots. What do you get out of shooting lefties for an extended period, shortly after changing your form with your dominant hand?

Am I missing something re: Fultz?

Why WOULD he be doing shooting drills if he just got shut down with a right shoulder injury?

Why is he shooting at all is the question. If he isn’t coming back shooting left handed he doesn’t need to practice it. Let the kid rest and get better.

I was in a league with a guy that did nothing but take contested pull up 3s as soon as he touched it. All his bricks led to easy fast breaks the other way. That is not good basketball numbers be damned. I wanted to slap the **** outta him

Not difficult to understand but everyone who shoots cant shoot the 3, word to d wade. Where does being closer to the goal increasing your chances of making the shot factor in, cause it seems like it doesn’t.

I was in a league with a guy that did nothing but take contested pull up 3s as soon as he touched it. All his bricks led to easy fast breaks the other way. That is not good basketball numbers be damned

No one is advocating shooting pull up 3's every time. The thought process is replace whatever contested midrange shots with 3's thus becoming more efficient.

Most efficient scoring plays in order

Layup or Dunk
Free throws
Shots in the paint
Corner 3
Above the break 3
Mid range
Long 2's

I was in a league with a guy that did nothing but take contested pull up 3s as soon as he touched it. All his bricks led to easy fast breaks the other way. That is not good basketball numbers be damned. I wanted to slap the **** outta him

It's not good basketball because of who he is as a player, not because the 3 is inherently worse than the 2. If his foot was on the line on all of them I doubt your opinion of his shot selection would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom