• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He and LeBron are 2 of the laziest defenders in basketball. This needs to become a national talking point like it was with Harden.
that doesn't show up in the stat sheet tho. So they don't care.

Russ switches , makes the big man guard his man and then goes in the paint and camps for rebounds.. Its funny how Harden has this lazy he don't play d rep to him but Westbrook don't.

Last edited:

tumblr_inline_oytkumJlCS1ry9plq_500.jpg

Sike suck my ****

You get no points for shots that don’t go in though. And I’ve seen him make plenty of mid range jumpers this season. No way people are gonna let that man shoot wide open 3s so why wouldn’t they be contested? That whole notion of shooting 3s as opposed to closer/easier 2s is lost on me. I’ll just agree to disagree though.

(For his sake I hope he doesn’t start pulling 12 triples a game.)

I am not insinuating for him take 12 3's a game or anywhere close to that. All i'm saying is that in the last 5 games he's turned those contested midrange jumpers into attacks at the rim, which is good and probably what he is as a player right. Would rather him be this than what he was the first 5 games of the season or so.

I still say he's a bust. A 3 or 4 game "hot streak" ain't changing my opinion of him.

Admittedly I've never been high on him so I'm bias.

he's finished one year in the league.......... 9 games into a new season & somehow you feel comfortable calling him a bust. For ANY rookie thats just stupid logic.

got a friend who works at xfinity live here in philly who seen him yesterday walking thru the kitchen limping supposedly :nerd:

He was at the Eagles game in broad daylight in front of everyone yesterday on the sideline, if he was limping then somebody in 2017 would have gotten a video of it. He's playing against the Kings on Thursday anyway.

******* Colangelo strikes again holding him out though. I bet he's scared of playing Joel in the altitude in Utah or some dumb ****

My day job is literally data analytics and I can't stand this whole notion of "shoot 3s or layups only" analytics narrative. Some people are significantly more comfortable shooting 2s,
even when it's just a step inside the arc. Anyone who's played ball knows taking a step inside makes it easier. If a player knows they're much more comfortable taking a long 2 as
opposed to a 3, they should take the damn 2.

My day job is literally data analytics and I can't stand this whole notion of "shoot 3s or layups only" analytics narrative. Some people are significantly more comfortable shooting 2s,
even when it's just a step inside the arc. Anyone who's played ball knows taking a step inside makes it easier. If a player knows they're much more comfortable taking a long 2 as

These aren’t open shots he’s shooting though. And if you’re going to shoot a contested shot, shoot the one worth more

If it was this black and white, sure. But if those midrange jumpers are contested, (Which most midrange jumpers are) then you won't be making a lot of them, not nearly at the clip to justify shooting them. If you're going to take contested shots, midas whale be worth 3 than 2.

Ingram's PER the last two years is 8 and 13.

League average is 15. The kid has been undoubtedly a below average player since he's been on the Lakers

You're cool in my book but you rely on numbers way too much. He had a good two month stretch where he flashed lots of upside

Reactions: MVP
If it was this black and white, sure. But if those midrange jumpers are contested, (Which most midrange jumpers are) then you won't be making a lot of them, not nearly at the clip to justify shooting them. If you're going to take contested shots, midas whale be worth 3 than 2.

He was at the Eagles game in broad daylight in front of everyone yesterday on the sideline, if he was limping then somebody in 2017 would have gotten a video of it. He's playing against the Kings on Thursday anyway.

****ing Colangelo strikes again holding him out though. I bet he's scared of playing Joel in the altitude in Utah or some dumb ****

"Rest" after a 3 day weekend off ? hmmmm

Im just reporting what my friend said who seen him with his own eyes lol dont need video proof.

Thats cool hes playing thursday but this "rest" makes no sense and im a sixers fan

These aren’t open shots he’s shooting though. And if you’re going to shoot a contested shot, shoot the one worth more

what Analytics doesn't take into account is the effect him playing in that midrange more effects the team. Let's say he's taking an extra 3-4 possessions per game just hoisting up a contested three. It puts no real pressure on the defense, he's way easier to guard out there & has a much lower chance of making the shot.

With some of these midrange shots, it's not like he's catching it & immediately hoisting up a contested shot, he's working in that mid range area trying to get to the basket & when he's closer to the hoop hes shown the capability of getting to the basket & getting good looks. Because of that he frces the defense to be way more active & in result it helps open up the offense a little more for everyone else.

If you shoot even 30% from deep, on 10 shots that’s 9 points. If you take 10 jumpers inside the arc you need to shoot 50% to beat that. 50% on 2 point jumpers puts you up there with Dirk & Michael ******* Jordan :lol: highly unlikely.

And that’s an example if you’re well below average from deep. If you’re approaching average, it makes even less sense to take jumpers inside the arc.

Ideally, you use the threat of that 2 pointed to get to the rim, where 99% of players shoot better there than any 2 point jump shot and you’re more likely to get fouled, boosting your efficiency even further. But you want to keep those jumpers to a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom