Official NBA 2k13 Thread

i think most you should know by now default rosters and sliders aren't that good which allow people like gerald green to drop 30
i

Thank You, I have officially lost 5 games. I play on superstar because all-star seems to make a lot of shots. My defense is horrid! My post is horrid. This game has changed a lot. The fun factor is still high although.

The charge cheese is the most annoying thing ever.

I'm pretty nice at avoiding them, so it's almost always a blocking foul.

It just makes for horrible game play. **** is wack.

I actually think it's good tactic to slow down players who just drive into the middle with LeBron, Griffin, Kobe, etc... everytime
Good D will take care of that.

Dudes try to take charges at half court and on the baseline as you inbound the ball. :x

It slows the game down and makes for horrible game play.

Yeah this game is definitely horsecrap online. Contested 3s are going in at way too high a clip. I've gotta find a way to grab control of my teammates. The AI becomes moronic once things get hectic.

Go ham on that mid range jumper until you get hot, then take a few steps back towards that 3pt line and you'll be looking like a beast

Yea, Im trying. I got 11 trainings available so I'm gon increase my consistency and see what I look like

Edit: So, into my fourth year, the Lakers have Kobe, Lebron, Pau, and Amare? Seriously?

Cotdamn you're on your 4th year? I just finished my 1st season :lol:
Play all those games homie. You'll enjoy it more in the long run, and you'll get better sooner in your career. My boy sims through seasons and by the time I'm just finishing one, he's played through 3-4 and been on 4 teams :x

to the guy blogging about his my player, is that on console? How you make everything look so nice

I'm playing on PC. My MBP to be specific. This game isn't as heavy on graphics as 2K12 was. My 2K12 had some lag after boosting all the graphics settings up. This one is smooth as hell. Runs just like it does on my PS3, but there are no load screens :pimp:

-----------

We got the Job done. :pimp:
This is the first time I've gotten a ring in my first season on 2K.
Feelsgoodman.gif

meonkobe.png

The Lakers were TOUGH man... That front court is damn near impossible for my PG to get through. Dwight and Pau were sending my **** left and right, damn near every time I drove the lane.
And don't let me start on Kobe's lockdown defense. I could barely get the ball up court. Dude forces me to multiple 8 sec back court violations :smh:

D.Rose came back this series (had me pissed cause he took my PG position again, and I was running the 2 going into every game. That fool didn't play during any of the post season but then he comes back and takes the position I've earned :smh: )

coachtrophy.png

We got the job done though :pimp:

teamcheer.png

This dude deserves co-mvp. Without him, we probably would have ended up losing to Miami and LA. We struggled to keep BK's front court under control without him.
when he came back, we were back at full power

finalsmvp.png

And ya boy did his thang too :pimp:
It was dope to hear them chant "MVP! MVP!" when I got awarded :lol:

From this

SI.png

To this
MVPmane.png

Feelsgoodman....

What are the default settings for online play?
Can I get some tips for offense & defense?
I heard online is on pro, because virgin mobile tournament difficulty is set to pro and they release a statement saying they've set it pro because that's the default setting for online ranked matches are. And for this reason I've not played many ranked games this season.

Does EVERYBODY use the ******g Lakers online smh. Last dude I played cheesed the hell outta me with Kobe smh. Beat the guy before him 69 to 43 tho and the fourth wasnt even done yet haha

I love when people use the heat. Lakers, Or thunder because i purposely pick a mid level team and its my focus to rip them apart piece by piece

Its sad really, I refuse to use heat, lakers, or thunder

Yea I never really liked using those teams (used to pick Thunder & Lakers but only to play with KD & Kobe) I use my Sixers or other random teams. I was about to play the third guy with the Bobcats cause I thought he was using the Wizards but I guess the Bobcats were terrifying and decided to pick the Lakers SMH. I got outta that asap lol

The gripe i have about all these 2K complaints with specific players is the fact that they can't help but make certain role players good. Gerald Green is a 6'8 athletic freak, who in real life can hit the three at a consistent rate... In real life IQ matters, practice, Chemistry with teammates..... In video games it's you controlling all the other factors so your able to do what these players SHOULD be doing in real life.
If Gerald green was a smart an efficient player he WOULD be able to drop 30 a game lol. Although i feel your pain because dude came thru with a 360 Alley oop on my ENTIRE 5 man roster:smh:
Perfectly said

FYI, the Clippers, Spurs & Bobcats' courts are now updated.

Also 2k plans to release a patch to address the issues with the game sometime in November.
issues like the VC to SP back to VC stuff? or should i give up hope on that?

LOL. Learn Defense man.

Heard the same thing from somebody after I beat them with Ben Gordon. HEs a shooter, so he shoots and makes lots of his shots. Play better D.

Most of yall are barely skilled so your so quick to complain
Yea, the good ole "you suck" response. Gotta love it.

I thought the rosters got updated? I still see the Lakers rookies anywhere or CDR...
CDR got cut man

LOL. Learn Defense man.

Heard the same thing from somebody after I beat them with Ben Gordon. HEs a shooter, so he shoots and makes lots of his shots. Play better D.

Most of yall are barely skilled so your so quick to complain
I play defense fine, my dude. DC knows.

My Green comment was in reference to playing against the Pacers CPU the other night. There's not much I can do when I'm pressuring the ballhandler in the half court, and Green runs though 6 guys, catches a lob in all that traffic and finishes.

And somebody being a shooter in real life doesn't mean crap in 2K13's rosters. Iguodala is a career 33% shooter from 3PT. Last season, 39%. In all my games played with the Nuggets, on All-Star & Superstar difficulty with Simulation game style, I would guess I'm shooting somewhere in the 80% ranger from deep with Iguodala. No exaggeration. And his range in 2K13 is in-the-gym range--he can drop 'em from a few feet off the line no problem.

I understand in video games you're going to be able to do more than players can do in real life. But in 2K13, it's a bit extreme--especially when the CPU attempts to do it all the time. You can dominate easily with half decent NBA players.

Last edited:
i don't understand where these defensive complaints are coming from.

if you want to play good defense the key is SPACE.

give your defender enough space where you can cut off the drive

but not too much where the opposing player can comfortably shoot the j.

body up at times...its necessary.

and play team defense. 

anticipate the man getting past you and help with the nearest defender.

upon help do not jump to contest a shot, merely put your hands up so that you do not draw a foul.

and if you are playing a team with shooters keep a body on them and shade them off the ball.

^ The game makes it impossible to anticipate a pass and close out on the shooter every time... I mentioned this magnet thing where the player you switch to lags in place for a second

If I see a pass coming and close out on a shooter, my defenders do what I tell them maybe 60% of the time. If I know what the other dude is doing, I want to be able to do something 100% of the time

I still don't think it really has to do with skill. It has to do with the game

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom