Official NBA Draft Lottery/ 2010 NBA Draft Thread Vol. June 24th 7ET

And why wouldn't the spurs trade Blair or hill? They will never be morethen role players so if someone overvaules them then let em go
That's about how I feel, too.

Hill is probably a third option, at best, at his peak.

I don't see Blair getting too much better than he is right now, which certainly isn't a bad thing, but he probably won't ever be able to give the team consistent starter minutes because of his knees. 25 a game is your best bet with him.

They are very valuable to the Spurs for as long as Duncan and Ginobili are around, but once that ship sails, I don't think I would let those two hold up a deal for surefire, difference-making youth. Not that I necessarily think Favors is that, but in any instance.

Yes, they might not be all stars, but they'll definitely be good hustle role players that every coach loves to have.

Don't forget the Spurs have Tiago coming over in the near future. A frontcourt of Tiago, Blair, and possibly Favors is a damn good frontline for the future.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

And why would the spurs do that *@!@!*@ trade?

And why wouldn't the spurs trade Blair or hill? They will never be more then role players so if someone overvaules them then let em go
Dude did you not see him late in the Reg. season & playoffs? Dude is their PG of the future
pimp.gif
No way their  shipping him off unless its a great deal

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Don't forget the Spurs have Tiago coming over in the near future. A frontcourt of Tiago, Blair, and possibly Favors is a damn good frontline for the future.

so he is coming over?

Originally Posted by JPZx

Favors always reminded more of Amare Stoudemire. The Tim Duncan comparison just seems off to me.

I could see the Nets taking Tony Parker and moving Devin Harris to SG. Isn't that what he played in Dallas for some time? Idk what you'd do with Courtney Lee then though. Although, taking in Parker would go against their youth movement.

It is pretty far fetched for San Antonio to move up in the Top 3 or 4.
A better Al Horford? 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

so he is coming over?
Will Tiago Splitter finally be coming to South Texas?

It seems like every summer in San Antonio, locals go chasing after two creatures of almost mythological status. I speak, of course, of two things that are often rumored but rarely seen.

One’s the chupacabra.

The other is Tiago Splitter.

The Man

Maybe that second name sounds familiar.

Rumors about the Brazilian-born Splitter entering the NBA Draft started in 2004, but it wasn’t until 2007 when he actually put his name in. By then, he’d been playing pro basketball in Spain for seven years. He was a 7-footer with a true back-to-the-basket game and was dominating competition in Europe.

So the Spurs picked him 28th overall. A few weeks later, he was introduced at a press conference in San Antonio. The talk was about what number Splitter – who wore No. 21 in Spain – would wear in South Texas.

Except that Splitter decided to return to Spain.

A year later, the Express-News wrote: “When the Spurs drafted Tiago Splitter…, they were willing to wait one more year to get a player of his ability and size. Now the Spurs' plans to sign Splitter this summer have been put on hold again.

CHICAGO -- The NBA draft combine kept going over the weekend with drills, athletic testing and team interviews on Friday, followed by medical examinations on Saturday. While the on-court may have been, in and of themselves, meaningless, they did offer a rare opportunity to see all of the players in the draft up-close on the same floor.

ESPN had exclusive access to the gym for the eight hours of the combine and we were in the hotel lobby talking to teams, players and agents for most of the afternoon and evening. Here's what I learned.
[h3]Wall vs. Turner, One-on-One[/h3]
The John Wall vs. Evan Turner debate has largely been lifeless for the past few months. Despite the fact that Turner had the better season, I still can't find a GM who believes that the http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=wasWashington Wizards should, or will, take Turner over Wall.

While GM Ernie Grunfeld continues to maintain that the Wizards haven't made any decisions and plan to bring in both players to work out, a Wizards source at the camp acknowledged to me privately that the team will take Wall barring any unforeseen complications with his physical.

Still, the highlight of the entire eight hours of drills happened at about 9:30 a.m. on Friday. Wall and Turner began warming up on one of the far hoops at the ATTACK Athletic Center and after 15 minutes or so of shooting began playing a little one-on-one.

A few caveats before I go forward. First, the players were only going half-speed. Second, it was a friendly endeavor; they weren't trying to kill each other. With that said, it offered a rare glimpse of the two consensus top players in the draft. By the time it was over, a number of key NBA personnel were all watching.

I'm not sure exactly what you can glean from something like that. It was clear, to no one's surprise, that Wall had the quickness advantage while Turner had the size. Wall was able to get plenty of separation with a quick crossover and had no trouble hitting his shots over the taller Turner. Turner showed more sophistication on some of the moves he put on Wall -- the type of stuff a prospect gets by staying in school a couple more years.
[h3][/h3]
Will the Sixers trade No. 2?

http:///sports.espn.go.com/espn/gallery/enlargePhoto?id=5214601&story=5214271">http://sports.espn.go.com...214601&...idth=440,height=750,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;" href="http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog?name=nba_draft&id=5214271#">[+] Enlarge
in_u_cousins_200.jpg

Mark Zerof/US PresswireThe versatile DeMarcus Cousins may wind up going No. 2 in the draft.

After talking to a number of teams in Chicago, I'm not longer convinced that Turner is a lock for the No. 2 spot.

There are a couple of things to factor in here. The first is that Turner isn't a perfect fit for the Sixers. While they could easily fix that by trading Andre Iguodala, the Sixers weren't blown away by the offers they got in February and don't think they'll see substantially better offers over the next month.

You can bet that new head coach Doug Collins is going for the "win now" approach and would like to use the pick to fill a need with an NBA-ready player or trade the pick to a team willing to offer a veteran who can contribute right away.

You can expect teams like the http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=minMinnesota Timberwolves, http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=detDetroit Pistons and http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=indIndiana Pacers, in particular, to make a strong push to get a deal done with Philly. As I wrote on Friday the Sixers have been telling teams that they'll have to take back the remaining three years, $50 million of Elton Brand's contract to make it happen. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Sixers softened their stance by the draft. I don't see any team willing to take on Brand's contract at this point.
[h3]Could Cousins and pass Turner?[/h3]
If the Sixers keep the pick, don't be surprised if they take DeMarcus Cousins at No. 2. They really need a center. So do teams like the Pistons, who are trying to move up in the draft to get him.

A number of NBA GMs told me on Friday that based on Cousins' body of work, interviews and his measurements, they believe he's the second best player in the draft.

Cousins had a terrific season. According to John Hollinger's draft rater, statistically he's the best player in the draft. A number of GMs and scouts on Friday said they too believe Cousins has as much talent as anyone in the draft, including John Wall.

"He's huge, he scores around the basket, he's a terrific rebounder and he plays with a chip on his shoulder," one GM said. "How many 20-10 centers come along? Not very many. As far as a talent goes, he could be incredible in the NBA. The league has gotten smaller and quicker. Cousins would kill most of the big guys in our league today."

That said, teams have been reluctant to put him that high on their boards all year, due, in part to Cousins' penchant for losing his cool on the court and with his coach. However, after getting an initial report from two teams on Thursday that Cousins wasn't great in interviews, a number of NBA GMs told me on Friday that they were actually impressed with him. "He was honest, up front and polite," one GM said. "He's highly intelligent. I do think he has some anger issues and he's not going to be a choir boy, but we were comfortable enough with him after the interview to draft him."

Cousins also fared well in the measurement section -- comparing favorably in size to other top NBA centers. He measured a legit 6-foot-11 with a tremendous 7-6 wingspan and 9-5 standing reach. Those numbers put him on par with the likes of Dwight Howard, Greg Oden and Brook Lopez.

Cousins has been compared to everyone from Shaq to Zach Randolph, but here's an interesting historical comparison to ponder -- could he be the next Moses Malone?

On the downside, Cousins needs to lose some baby fat. He measured with 16.4 percent body fat -- second only to Dexter Pittman. Even Tiny Gallon had less fat on him. Cousins didn't really look fat at the combine. But that will concern some NBA GMs who will worry that Cousins may be unable to keep off weight as he gets older.
[h3]More measurement movement[/h3]
Georgia Tech's Derrick Favors also got a boost from the measurements. He's a legit 6-10, has a 7-2 wingspan and a 9-2 standing reach. Those numbers are actually very close to Howard and better than the Atlanta Hawks' Al Horford. If he projects as a center in the NBA, he too could get some strong consideration with the No. 2 pick.

"Favors doesn't have the offensive game that Cousins has," another GM told me. "But he's a better athlete, a better defender and when the two of them met head-to-head in high school, Favors kicked Cousins' butt. Had he got going earlier at Georgia Tech, he could've been, probably should've been, the No. 1 pick."

Another big man who got a little bump from the measurements was Georgetown's Greg Monroe. Monroe measured 6-11 in shoes with a 7-2 wingspan. That's plenty big to play center in the NBA and will likely temper some of the concerns about his lack of elite athleticism.
[h3]Big wings[/h3]
Cousins, Favors and Monroe weren't the only ones who were helped with stellar measurements on Friday. A whopping 11 players had wingspans of 7-4 to 7-7. That officially makes this the "longest" draft since I started getting the stats in the measurements in 2001.

To see the full chart of measurements for the top 55 prospects in the draft, click here.
[h3]A pair of question marks[/h3]
http:///sports.espn.go.com/espn/gallery/enlargePhoto?id=5214524&story=5214271">http://sports.espn.go.com...214524&...idth=440,height=750,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;" href="http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog?name=nba_draft&id=5214271#">[+] Enlarge
ncb_i_whiteside_200.jpg

Randy Snyder/Icon SMIWhiteside has talent, but also a lot of attitude.

Cousins isn't the only player whose peronality concerns folks around the league. I got the chance to talk to two more players -- Hassan Whiteside and Charles Garcia -- that have scouts baffled.

Whiteside is the draft's biggest "high risk/high reward" player. He had a terrific freshman season, recording an amazing three triple doubles for Marshall. His measurements were off the charts in Chicago -- a whopping 7-7 wingspan and a 9-5 standing reach. When the athletic combine numbers are released later this week, I expect him to be one of the top players there too.

He's been compared to everyone from Marcus Camby to Tyrus Thomas. Teams are looking at him as high as No. 6 but many teams believe he could drop into the mid-to-late first round depending on workouts and interviews.

A number of teams reported to me that their interviews with Whiteside were rocky. I can understand why. In the 15 minutes or so I spent with him one-on-one he projected a confidence that borderlined on naïve arrogance. He compared himself to everyone from Dwight Howard to Hakeem Olajuwon (with whom he spent a week training), complained about where I had him on my mock draft (No. 14 to the Rockets) and was insulted that our scouting report didn't have more on his 3-point shooting ability.

Whiteside clearly believes he has the stuff to be great ... but my interview with him was eerily similar to the one I had with Tyrus Thomas a few years ago. Thomas was trying to convince me he was a perimeter player, complained he wasn't ranked No. 1 and generally seemed clueless about the rest of the players in the draft.

That's not to say Whiteside isn't a nice kid. He has a great smile, can carry on a great conversation and clearly has worked hard on his game the past few years. But it's going to be a big jump to the next level, both emotionally and physically, and from what I saw on Friday, I'm not sure he's quite ready to make it.

On the other hand, Garcia came off quite differently. He was humble, polite, engaging and very open about all of the rumors that have been flying around about him off the court. His background would give anyone pause after he bounced around from community college to JUCO to the University of Washington to Seattle University. But as a player, he was terrific. He measured just fine for a power forward -- 6-9 in shoes with a 7-1 wingspan. His measurements and game remind some scouts of Michael Beasley. Will he create the same problems off the court that Beasley has?

"I don't think so," one GM told me. "We've done our homework on that kid and I think he's going to be just fine. I expect him to really start rising on some draft boards after he gets in a few workouts."
[h3]Day 2 dominators[/h3]
A quick note on a few impressive Day 2 guys. Tiny Gallon looked much better in Day 2. Not only did he have a little more stamina, but when it came to more physical play in the paint, he dominated the other big men in the gym. Gallon has a lot of buzz right now.

Damion James also benefitted from the more physical play of Day 2. He's not going to be a great drills guy, but when the game is being played, he looks great.

Avery Bradley and Eric Bledsoe were both helped by two straight days of great shooting and hustle. I would love to see those two go at it in workouts. Their first one together is scheduled for Indiana in early June. If one really shines, he could convince the Pacers, who are in desperate need of a point guard, to grab him at No. 10.

Finally, Mississippi's Terrico White shot the lights out on both days and showed the type of handle that had some scouts calling him a point guard earlier in the year. I know the http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=njnNew Jersey Nets and http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=memMemphis Grizzlies both like him in late in the first round. Given his athletic ability and solid measurements, more teams may come around.

I think Terrico White got a mixture of Flip Murray/Dwyane Wade in him offensively.

Watching him and Wade when they were both in college, just make them seem so similar. Same size, wingspan, similar athetlicism, agility, etc. I'm not saying he will be the next Wade, but I think he has the chance to make a huge impact on a team in the backcourt playing beside the right guy. He should at least be an average defender his rookie season and has the chance to be a great one in the future.

Pairing him with OJ in the backcourt would be ideal for me. Similar to how Wade wanted OJ paired with him in Miami. 

At worst, I see him being a 6th man type of guy off the bench ala Flip Murray.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Besides shoot, Flip Murray cant really do anything.

He's a decent defender as well and can be really aggressive. Quick, strong and can score the ball at 6'4. He can handle the ball pretty good and his shot selection can be questionable at times. 

That also sounds a lot like Terrico
laugh.gif
. That's why I said that's his worst case scenario. Flip is still in the league and contributes on every team he plays for so picking up a guy like that in the late first doesn't bother me.

[h1]Chad Ford's Mock Draft, Version 3.0[/h1]

Ford_Chad_35.jpg
By Chad Ford
ESPN.com

ncb_ap_dfavors1_576.jpg
AP Photo/Ricardo ArduengoIf new Sixers coach Doug Collins likes him, Derrick Favors could go No. 2 to Philly.

The NBA draft combine is now behind us, and for the first time NBA teams have credible measurement, medical and athletic info on every prospect in the draft.

This week a number of players expected to be drafted in the middle of the first round or sitting on the first-round bubble are competing in Minnesota in group workouts. From there, NBA teams will start their individual workouts in earnest.

There is still plenty of movement expected in the 29 days before the June 24 draft, but for now, here's our best stab, after talking to numerous NBA team sources, at how the draft might play out in June.
[h3]Mock Draft 3.0[/h3]
[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th][th=""]TEAM[/th][th=""]PLAYER[/th][th=""]VITALS[/th][/tr][tr][td]
1.gif
[/td][td]
was.gif

Washington
[/td][td]
19378.jpg

John Wall
[/td][td]Position: PG
Height: 6-foot-4
Weight: 196 pounds
School: Kentucky [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: While GM Ernie Grunfeld continues to maintain that the Wizards haven't made any decisions and plan to bring in both Wall and Turner to work out, a Wizards source at the NBA draft combine acknowledged to me privately that the team will take Wall barring any unforeseen complications with his physical.

While a backcourt of Wall and Gilbert Arenas does raise some questions, it should be fine. Arenas has always been more of a 2-guard anyway, and Wall's star quality makes him the obvious choice for the Wizards to build around.

[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th][th=""]TEAM[/th][th=""]PLAYER[/th][th=""]VITALS[/th][/tr][tr][td]
2.gif
[/td][td]
phi.gif

Philadelphia
[/td][td]
19377.jpg

Derrick Favors
[/td][td]Position: PF
Height: 6-10
Weight: 245
School: Georgia Tech [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: I've heard various sources make pretty forceful arguments that three different players are second on the 76ers' board: Evan Turner, DeMarcus Cousins and Derrick Favors. At times, I've been persuaded by all three. But now it looks like the Sixers are leaning toward Favors, according to what I was told on Monday by a credible source familiar with coach Doug Collins' thinking.

Turner isn't a great fit next to Andre Iguodala. And while Cousins is a perfect fit in the middle, the team has some concerns about his on-court attitude. That leaves Favors, who has as much upside as any player in the draft.

His measurements out of Chicago are virtually identical to Dwight Howard's -- which means he should be just fine playing center. All of this can change once players undergo individual workouts and interviews, but from what I can gather, Favors has the lead if the Sixers decide to keep the pick.

3.gif
[/td][td]
njn.gif

New Jersey
[/td][td]
19201.jpg

Evan Turner
[/td][td]Position: SG
Height: 6-7
Weight: 214
School: Ohio State [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: If Turner slides to No. 3, it's a dream scenario for New Jersey. While the Nets think very highly of Favors, they also have a chance to fill the power forward position with a free agent like Carlos Boozer or Amare Stoudemire.

The Nets want to turn this thing around quickly and Turner has the ability to step in and play from day one. He can play both the 2 and the 3, and can share time on the wing with Courtney Lee and Terrence Williams.

The team also is high on Syracuse forward Wesley Johnson. I'm told he's in the mix at the No. 3 spot, as well. But for now, Turner has the edge.

4.gif
[/td][td]
min.gif

Minnesota
[/td][td]
19444.jpg

Wesley Johnson
[/td][td]Position: SF
Height: 6-8
Weight: 206
School: Syracuse [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Wolves are exploring possibilities of moving up in the draft. Evan Turner is their target and they have the assets to make a deal with either Philly or New Jersey.

If they keep the pick, Johnson seems like a terrific fit. He's long and athletic, rebounds from the 3 spot and can hit an open jumper. Some believe he's the next Shawn Marion.

5.gif
[/td][td]
sac.gif

Sacramento
[/td][td]
19268.jpg

Al-Farouq Aminu
Height: 6-9
Weight: 215
School: Wake Forest [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: It's not easy to figure out which way the Kings are going right now. They play things close to the chest, and last year we got it wrong all the way up until the day of the draft.

This year is not that much different. They aren't really hurting at any one particular position, with the possible exception of center.

Cousins could make some sense here, but for now the word (albeit a shaky one) has Aminu in the lead.

6.gif
[/td][td]
gsw.gif

Golden State
[/td][td]
19380.jpg

DeMarcus Cousins
[/td][td]Position: C
Height: 6-11
Weight: 292

Analysis: I think the Warriors will do backflips if Cousins slips this far.

He actually had a pretty good week in Chicago. A number of NBA GMs told me that based on Cousins' body of work, interviews and his measurements, they believe Cousins has as much talent as anyone in the draft, including John Wall.

Cousins has been compared to everyone from Shaq to Zach Randolph, but here's an interesting historical comparison to ponder -- could he be the next Moses Malone?

"He's huge, he scores around the basket, he's a terrific rebounder and he plays with a chip on his shoulder," one GM said. "How many 20-10 centers come along? Not very many. As far as a talent goes, he could be incredible in the NBA. The league has gotten smaller and quicker. Cousins would kill most of the big guys in our league today."

Cousins also fared well in the measurement category, comparing favorably in size to NBA centers. He measured a legit 6-foot-11 with a tremendous 7-foot-6 wingspan and 9-foot-5 standing reach. Those numbers put him on par with the likes of Dwight Howard, Greg Oden and Brook Lopez. His interviews weren't nearly as bad as everyone made them out to be, either.

While the Warriors have Andris Biedrins in the middle, he's nothing like Cousins, who can come in and be a big-time scorer right away. Teaming Cousins with with Stephen Curry and Anthony Randolph would give the Warriors a great foundation.

7.gif
[/td][td]
det.gif

Detroit
[/td][td]
19271.jpg

Ed Davis
Weight: 227
School: North Carolina [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Pistons president Joe Dumars has said he wants his team to regain the grit and toughness of past Pistons teams. But picking at No. 7 makes that a bit of a challenge. The Pistons are really high on both Cousins and Favors, but most likely they'll have to move up in the draft to get one of them. Regardless, the Pistons are taking a big man.

If they stay at No. 7, Davis makes some sense. He's got a nose for the ball and attacks the offensive glass. But he's also not the most polished player in the draft. Greg Monroe and Ekpe Udoh are other possibilities here. Apparently Cole Aldrich really isn't in the mix here.

8.gif
[/td][td]
lac.gif

Los Angeles Clippers

[/td][td]
19368.jpg

Gordon Hayward
Weight: 211
School: Butler [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Clippers could go in a lot of different directions with this pick and I keep getting mixed signals.

The latest tip to come out of Chicago pointed in the direction of Hayward. He's one of the most versatile guys in the draft, and while he struggled a bit this season, he can really knock down shots. Given that the team plans to feature Blake Griffin next year, that's a big deal.

With the loss of Marcus Camby, Ekpe Udoh is also a real possibility here, as is Xavier Henry.

9.gif
[/td][td]
uth.gif

Utah
(via New York)

[/td][td]
19265.jpg

Greg Monroe
Weight: 247
School: Georgetown [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Jazz are in a position to lose Carlos Boozer this summer via free agency, but Monroe would be a solid consolation prize. He's not super-athletic, but he's the most skilled big guy in the draft and would be a perfect fit in coach Jerry Sloan's half-court offense.

His measurements out of Chicago also support his cause. He measured 6-foot-11 in shoes with a 7-foot-2 wingspan and a standing reach that puts him on par with most of the top big men in the draft.

But don't ignore a coming challenge by Gordon Hayward. The Jazz love him and need someone to replace free agent Kyle Korver.

10.gif
[/td][td]
ind.gif

Indiana
[/td][td]
19390.jpg

Avery Bradley
Height: 6-3
Weight: 180
School: Texas [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Pacers are one of the most difficult teams to peg right now. They have so many needs and are talking to everyone about moving up, moving down, or maybe even moving out of the draft, according to a number of other teams who have targeted the Pacers' pick.

The Pacers' biggest need is at point guard. A month ago, I think Bradley would've been considered a stretch here, but more and more scouts and GMs believe he could be this year's Russell Westbrook. Ekpe Udoh, Cole Aldrich, Xavier Henry and Gordon Hayward are also possibilities here, too.

11.gif
[/td][td]
nor.gif

New Orleans
[/td][td]
19156.jpg

Cole Aldrich
Weight: 236
School: Kansas [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Hornets need size and will feel that they're getting a steal if Aldrich falls this far.

Aldrich didn't measure particularly well in Chicago, standing just 6-foot-9 in socks. He makes up for much of that with a huge 7-foot-4 wingspan and a versatile game that allows him to face the basket. Aldrich could go as high as No. 5. I don't think he slides further than this.

12.gif
[/td][td]
mem.gif

Memphis
[/td][td]
19424.jpg

Luke Babbitt
School: Nevada [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: This pick may seem like a bit of a reach, but sources say the Grizzlies have locked in early on Babbitt -- and they're concerned he won't be there when they pick again at No. 25. While I have no idea who he can guard at the next level, the guy can really score. The question: Is he the next Adam Morrison or the next Chris Mullin? The Grizzlies are banking on the latter.

13.gif
[/td][td]
tor.gif

Toronto
[/td][td]
19401.jpg

Daniel Orton
Weight: 269

Analysis: While Orton averaged just 3 ppg and 3 rpg, he's considered a player with tremendous upside thanks to a wide body, long arms and the ability to play both in the paint and facing the basket. He measured short in Chicago (6-8¾ in socks) but has a huge wingspan (7-4¼) to make up for it.

With the Raptors on the verge of losing Chris Bosh this summer, they have to start thinking about a long-term replacement in the middle. The team would like to move Andrea Bargnani to the 4 and needs a tough rebounder and shot-blocker in the middle. Ekpe Udoh, Hassan Whiteside and Solomon Alabi will also get long looks here.

14.gif
[/td][td]
hou.gif

Houston
[/td][td]
19448.jpg

Ekpe Udoh
Weight: 237
School: Baylor [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Udoh is the type of long, shot-blocking forward who should find a comfortable home in Houston. While he's a bit older than the rest of the class and doesn't have elite athleticism, he's still improving -- one of the few older players in the draft with any real upside left. Patrick Patterson and Hassan Whiteside are other possibilities here.

15.gif
[/td][td]
mil.gif

Milwaukee
(via Chicago)

[/td][td]
19379.jpg

Xavier Henry
Weight: 210
School: Kansas [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Henry looked good at the NBA draft combine in the drills, where he shot the lights out. It also didn't hurt that he ended up ranking as the sixth-best player in the draft in John Hollinger's Draft Rater.

Teams as high up as the Clippers, Jazz and Pacers are looking at him closely. At this point, if Gordon Hayward goes higher, I don't see Henry slipping past the Bucks, who can use him at both the 2 and the 3. With John Salmons looking to opt out, they're going to need to add some more versatility to the wing position.

James Anderson and Patrick Patterson are other possibilities with this pick.

16.gif
[/td][td]
min.gif

Minnesota
(via Charlotte)

[/td][td]
19361.jpg

Paul George
School: Fresno State [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: After Whiteside, George is one of the biggest upside players in the draft. He didn't dominate at Fresno State, but as a 6-9 shooting guard who can really shoot the basketball, he draws comparisons to everyone from Joe Johnson to Wilson Chandler to Trevor Ariza.

The Wolves need shooting and size in their backcourt, so he should be the perfect fit. Pair him with Wesley Johnson or Evan Turner and the Wolves just got a lot better.

17.gif
[/td][td]
chi.gif

Chicago
(via Milwaukee)

[/td][td]
19226.jpg

James Anderson
Height: 6-6
School: Oklahoma State [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Anderson was one of the best scorers in college basketball and could be a very good fit in the Bulls' backcourt. His ability to stretch the defense and attack the basket would make him a nice complement to Derrick Rose.

Even if the team ends up landing LeBron James or Dwyane Wade, look for Anderson to be the guy. As far as NBA-ready players go, there are few better in this draft. I'd expect him to play the same sort of role James Harden did in OKC last season.

18.gif
[/td][td]
mia.gif

Miami

[/td][td]
19462.jpg

Eric Bledsoe
Height: 6-2
Weight: 192

Analysis: Bledsoe is a tough, Pat Riley type of player and could be a long-term upgrade from the Mario Chalmers-Carlos Arroyo duo at point guard.

Bledsoe was one of the players who really helped himself at the draft combine. Playing outside of John Wall's shadow, he often looked like the best guard on the floor. Physically, he's ready for the NBA right now. But he still needs more experience running the point. Long term, Bledsoe could pay off.

19.gif
[/td][td]
bos.gif

Boston
[/td][td]
19370.jpg

Solomon Alabi
Height: 7-1
Weight: 237
School: Florida State [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Alabi may seem like a bit of a reach to some, but I was impressed with the feedback I received from NBA scouts and GMs after the combine. Not only did he measure as the biggest player in the draft, but he showed a nice skills game and a terrific motor in the drills.

Some scouts are comparing him to Dikembe Mutombo. I don't think Alabi has the same sort of rebounding and shot-blocking ability, but he does have a similar demeanor and presence on the court.

20.gif
[/td][td]
sas.gif

San Antonio
[/td][td]
19251.jpg

Damion James
School: Texas [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: James is one of the more underrated players in the draft. Very few players have his combination of athleticism and motor.

He doesn't have a position on offense, but he can defend multiple positions on the floor. He would be able to step in right away with the Spurs' veterans and provide meaningful minutes.

21.gif
[/td][td]
okc.gif

Oklahoma City
[/td][td]
19306.jpg

Donatas Motiejunas
Height: 7-0
Weight: 220

Analysis: If Motiejunas believes he'll slip this far, he most likely will withdraw from the draft. But he'd be a great long-term pickup for the Thunder if they can get him this low.

He's a very skilled forward who has some Pau Gasol and Toni Kukoc in his game. He is playing at a high level in Europe but needs to get stronger.

22.gif
[/td][td]
por.gif

Portland

[/td][td]
19151.jpg

Patrick Patterson
Weight: 245

Analysis: Patterson would be a steal for the Blazers if he slips this low. While Patterson does little to wow you, he's the type of unselfish, productive big man who would fit in well with the team that Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard has put together.

He measured well in Chicago and was apparently one of the best interviewees there, so he could find himself moving back up into the late lottery. But I'm still struggling to find him a home.

23.gif
[/td][td]
min.gif

Minnesota
(via Utah)

[/td][td]
19388.jpg

Kevin Seraphin
Weight: 258

Analysis: With their third pick of this draft, you can expect the Wolves to stash a player overseas. Seraphin hasn't really produced big numbers in France, but he has Serge Ibaka-like physical upside.

24.gif
[/td][td]
atl.gif

Atlanta
[/td][td]
19497.jpg

Hassan Whiteside
Height: 7-0
School: Marshall [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: How can a guy who just measured with a freakish 7-foot-7 wingspan slip this far? The word out of Chicago was that the interviews didn't go so well. And as I wrote in my draft combine wrap-up blog post, I had the chance to sit down with Whiteside and I can understand why.

Whiteside isn't a bad kid, but he's very naive at this point, in a way that reminded me a bit of Tyrus Thomas. Eventually some team will decide the talent is too much to pass on. But I think he did some damage to his stock last week. He can certainly make up for that in workouts ... but he's just created a bigger mountain to climb.

25.gif
[/td][td]
mem.gif

Memphis
(via Denver)

[/td][td]
19359.jpg

Larry Sanders
Weight: 222
School: Va. Commonwealth [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: If the Grizzlies go a little safe with their first pick, they can swing for the fences with Sanders. With a freakish wingspan and terrific athleticism, Sanders could add a different look to the Grizzlies' frontcourt.

Both Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph are big bodies, but neither player can run the floor and do the things Sanders can do.

26.gif
[/td][td]
okc.gif

Oklahoma City
(via Phoenix)

[/td][td]
19331.jpg

Craig Brackins
Weight: 229
School: Iowa State [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Brackins would be a good pick for the Thunder. He's a high-character guy who can score inside and outside and will play hard. Right now, Nenad Krstic is the only guy who can really get it done in the post. Brackins could be a nice long-term fit.

27.gif
[/td][td]
njn.gif

New Jersey
(via Dallas)

[/td] [td]
19402.jpg

Keith Gallon
Weight: 302
School: Oklahoma [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis:We've had Terrico White pegged here for a couple of weeks, and he could still be the pick. But if the Nets get their hands on Evan Turner at No. 3, then they probably will focus on a big with their other pick.

Gallon is one of the best-shooting big men in the draft. If he can get in better shape, he's a talent at this spot in the draft.

28.gif
[/td][td]
mem.gif

Memphis
(via L.A. Lakers)

[/td][td]
19064.jpg

Quincy Pondexter
Weight: 220
School: Washington [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Pondexter was one of the best seniors in the country. He is an elite athlete and proved this season that he can really score. He's a jump shot away from being a star. Think the next Desmond Mason.

29.gif
[/td][td]
orl.gif

Orlando
[/td][td]
19322.jpg

Willie Warren
Height: 6-4
School: Oklahoma [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: At the beginning of the season, Warren was considered a potential top-10 pick. However, a poor season and some injuries, plus some bad chemistry with his coach, really hurt his stock.

But he is a steal here -- the type of versatile guard who could make an impact for the Magic.

30.gif
[/td][td]
was.gif

Washington
(via Cleveland)

[/td][td]
19327.jpg

Jarvis Varnado
School: Mississippi State [/td][/tr][/table]

Analysis: Varnado may not be much to look at on the offensive end, but on the defensive end, he's a beast combining a great motor, long arms and elite athleticism. Once he gets stronger, I could see him as a Chris Andersen type of defender.

Next Five In:Terrico White, G, Mississippi; Devin Ebanks, F, West Virginia; Stanley Robinson, F, UConn, Jordan Crawford, G, Xavier; Elliot Williams, G, Memphis

Holy $%%+. Chad Ford is %@@$*%@ dumb. The Sixers WILL take Evan Turner with the Number 2 pick. He is number 1 on their entire board. Don't listen to a damn thing Chad Ford has to say. The ONLY way they will trade the pick is if they get a legit starting 2 guard and a center in the deal. Jrue-Turner-Iguodala-Brand is set in stone, center is the only position up for grabs in our starting lineup. Don't worry about where I know this from.

laugh.gif
Dont worry, no one here listens to Chad Ford.

It is highly entertaining though reading his thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom