**OFFICIAL NBA MOST VALUABLE PLAYER (MVP) THREAD**

^ ok you look like a hornets fan so it doesnt count but for the most part not many people had them going. as for the the dude about you everyone had thelakers making the playoffs. may be not as good record as this year but many people had them going because they knew kobe was going to take them there.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

^ ok you look like a hornets fan so it doesnt count but for the most part not many people had them going. as for the the dude about you everyone had the lakers making the playoffs. may be not as good record as this year but many people had them going because they knew kobe was going to take them there.

Um, you mean the Kobe that was supposed to be traded at the start of the season? We didn't even know if he would be a Laker much less lead the teamanywhere. Come on.

ok traded or not traded you knew kobe was going to play balls out. your team made the playoffs last year so dont say you thought it wasnt going to happen again

ok traded or not traded you knew kobe was going to play balls out. your team made the playoffs last year so dont say you thought it wasnt going to happen again

chicago bulls fans thought they were making the playoffs for sure this year as well. you can't judge a team based off last year. if that was the case,then the miami heat should still be a lock for the playoffs this year.

you can't say FOR SURE the lakers were penciled in for the playoffs. maybe as 7th or 8th seed......but in the competitive west, its very well possiblethey could have the same record as portland right now.

kobe plays his balls out the past 3 years, missed playoffs once, then bottom of playoffs the next 2 years. there's no way anyone believed they would be#1 seed at this point.

Since most everyone is saying whoever has the best record gets it, what happens if the Lakers and Hornets end up with the exact same record? Co-MVPs, is thatreally fair?

^ they arent a number one seed right now.

grin.gif
laugh.gif

very nice to ignore everything else i say, and point something that changeson a DAILY basis.

CP3 for me, he's just too
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And I don't think anyone had the Hornets in one of the top 3 seeds in the West.

Hornets don't get much love from the media b/c they jack Suns offense.
Lebron is mentioned as top 3 b/c of detroit in the playoff.

Originally Posted by rocboys

Hornets don't get much love from the media b/c they jack Suns offense.

Probably the most idiotic thing said in this thread

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ I think that's a disclaimer because you realized that you thought exactly what I was addressing, meaning that your thought process is too shallow to actually have gotten my point.

Assumption: the game EVERYONE can play!
smokin.gif

Go back and get the point.

Actually, you gave it a shot once and missed, so let me give you a hand (read: let me tell you, since comprehension seems to be a little faulty with you right now): he is the most recognized, emulated, respected figure on an elite team in an NBA. Chris Paul and Garnett are on elite teams, but when people talk about being 'THE BEST', WAY more people have Kobe in mind than garnett or Paul. MANY have LeBron in mind, but he's not an elite team.

8elojkz.gif

that original post is still waffle though
alien.gif
smh.gif

me:
I think that's a disclaimer because you realized that you thought exactly what I was addressing, meaning that your thought process is too shallow to actually have gotten my point.

smokin.gif

Actually, you gave it a shot once and missed, so let me give you a hand (read: let me tell you, since comprehension seems to be a little faulty with you right now): he is the most recognized, emulated, respected figure on an elite team in an NBA. Chris Paul and Garnett are on elite teams, but when people talk about being 'THE BEST', WAY more people have Kobe in mind than garnett or Paul. MANY have LeBron in mind, but he's not an elite team.
High St:
8elojkz.gif

alien.gif
smh.gif

Guy, in my previous reply to you, you have no idea how freaking close I was to saying something like 'Go ahead and post the latest, clever'U MADD' pic, since I know you think I'm mad.
laugh.gif
You'rewrong, but go ahead anyways.'

So predictable.
roll.gif

And just because you still don't get my point on that first reply doesn't mean it doesn't make sense; it means its apparently over your head.
wink.gif

Why are people trying to downgrade the athletes that CP3 plays with to raise his own superiority.. I'm not even going to argue the MVP race, it's justthat the Hornets are a good TEAM.. CP3 is the MVP of the Hornets, but we've gotten production all around.. And lets not forget the mastermind behind thisis Byron Scott.. David West has increased his productivity every single year.. Peja is now healthy *knock on wood*.. and Tyson still doesn't have anoffensive game, but he goes hand and hand with the pick and roll with Paul, which has increased his scoring output.. Julian Wright is now playing well off thebench, and Bonzi Wells is a proven 6th man. The Hornets could of been in the West race last year, but injuries hindered us...
But, I will admit that I never pictured the Hornets to be #1.. Even after the All-Star break I thought the Hornets would slip to like 5th or 6th.. I don'tcare, I just want to see them win in the first round.. As long as the Jamal Mashburn curse doesn't come back then it is a possibilit

oh and I don't want to call you out but rocboys you say the most illogical statements regarding basketball..

Tonight's game should be VERY interesting, although i believe the Hornets don't stand a chance against the Celtics. But, if they Hornets do managed topull off a victory, then CP3 should win the MVP hands-down.

Out of all the top 4 teams in the west, the Hornets have the hardest schedule. 8 of their next 12 games are on the road.

But, if they Hornets do managed to pull off a victory, then CP3 should win the MVP hands-down.
just because they win a regular season game against a good team? sorry, but if by now chris paul hasnt shown you that he is the mvp this season,your lost

^^I didn't say he will win just because of a single win. If you weren't to quick to scrutinize my post, you would've read how I mentioned theHornets have 8 out of their next 12 on the road, and the rest are against a lot teams like the Celtics. So if they do win, that would give them a great start.

And last time i noticed.....you get the MVP by what you do in the REGULAR SEASON.

Jezz NT'ers these days.
eyes.gif

on a side note: I think the race is too close between CP3 and Kobe...they should go by who finishes #1 in the west, because both players are playing extremelywell. There is nothing one has over the other at this point.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Tonight's game should be VERY interesting, although i believe the Hornets don't stand a chance against the Celtics. But, if they Hornets do managed to pull off a victory, then CP3 should win the MVP hands-down.

Out of all the top 4 teams in the west, the Hornets have the hardest schedule. 8 of their next 12 games are on the road.

The Hornets just beat the Celtics a week ago..David West went off on them.. And how many teams are going to sweep the #1 team in the entire league?? Thereis a possibility, but the way the Celtics are destroying the West, I don't know.

^^thats what i was trying to allude to. The Celtics are really hot right now, and they have a lot of momentum.

Is that your only reasoning for Kobe being MVP right now tho? Because many of the people you are talking about (especially in that previousresponse about people on the playgrounds imitating him) are pretty close to fitting the definition of casual basketball fans anyway, not to mention the mediacontrols a lot of that...Kobe is in the 2nd biggest market in the US, and is never not in the media for whatever reason, and that plays a huge part in whatyour saying (similar to T.O in a way where he's not the best WR, but when you think of WR's he pops up because he's always in the spotlight forsomething)...the same thing with LeBron, especially because he's a media darling. The fact that up until literally this week, ESPN has been pushing the MVPrace as "Kobe Vs. LeBron" should tell you all you need to know...

bottomline is, Chris Paul is putting up out-this-world numbers compariable to LeBron (I damn near wanna say more impressive), stats we haventseen by a PG in what, 20 years? And he's winning at the same rate as Kobe, he's doing everything both those players are doing...

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

me:
I think that's a disclaimer because you realized that you thought exactly what I was addressing, meaning that your thought process is too shallow to actually have gotten my point.

smokin.gif

High St:
8elojkz.gif

alien.gif
smh.gif

Guy, in my previous reply to you, you have no idea how freaking close I was to saying something like 'Go ahead and post the latest, clever 'U MADD' pic, since I know you think I'm mad.
laugh.gif
You're wrong, but go ahead anyways.'

So predictable.
roll.gif

And just because you still don't get my point on that first reply doesn't mean it doesn't make sense; it means its apparently over your head.
wink.gif

actually!!! thats not true. cuz my man tracy was meant to show that i was mad
frown.gif
laugh.gif
cuz you actually had a point....

but i maintain....the first post
smh.gif
*$+% is poppycock!
laugh.gif

^ Then I was definitely wrong on that; my fault.
happy.gif
me:
[Kobe] is the most recognized, emulated, respected figure on an elite team in an NBA. Chris Paul and Garnett are on elite teams, but when people talk about being 'THE BEST', WAY more people have Kobe in mind than garnett or Paul. MANY have LeBron in mind, but he's not an elite team.
EzFlash:
Is that your only reasoning for Kobe being MVP right now tho?

It's not even ONE of my reasons for feeling lie Kobe is the MVP; it's one way of explaining one of my criteria. It's an example to oneof my points; it's... 'evidence'.

If we were talking about the greatest pllayers today, let's say I said 'Well Kobe has to be in the discussion, because dude can score like crazy!'You would understand that, right? I would just be saying that Kobe is an awesome scorer. Now, if I were to say 'Well Kobe has to be in the discussion,because dude can score like crazy! He has a freaking 81 point game!', would you ask "Wait, so are you saying that his 81 point game is one of thereasons you consider him among the best?"? Probably not, because you would (or... should) understand that I was only bringing up the 81 point game as anexample to my point, and that my point was that he is a crazy scorer.

See what I mean? The comment about people at pickup games saying 'I make it rain like Kobe!!' is not one of my reason why I think Kobe is the MVP; itis simply an example of one of my points, and that point was that Kobe's a recognized, respected NBA figure that people want to emulate on the court.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Head-to-head statistics:

[color= rgb(102, 0, 255)]Chris Paul[/color] versus Boston, Cleveland and Los Angeles: 20.8 points, 2.8 rebounds, 11.2 assists (1.8 turnovers), 3.3 steals, 0.2 blocks, 5-1 record

Kobe Bryant versus Boston, Cleveland and New Orleans: 26.6 points, 6.9 rebounds, 4.7 assists (2.6 turnovers), 0.6 steals, 0.7 blocks, 1-6 record

[color= rgb(102, 0, 0)]LeBron James[/color] versus Boston, Los Angeles and New Orleans: 30.1 points, 6.8 rebounds, 7.1 assists (3.8 turnovers), 1.8 steals, 0.9 blocks, 4-5 record

Kevin Garnett versus Cleveland, Los Angeles and New Orleans: 18.6 points, 10.5 rebounds, 4.3 assists (1.6 turnovers), 1.2 steals, 1.4 blocks, 5-3 record

Something to consider.

Good stuff, except for the fact that the MVP doesn't go to the player who beats Cleveland/Boston/New Orleans/Los Angeles, it's the MVP of the LEAGUE so why would you isolate those statistics? It's a team game, these guys weren't playing one on one.

Thats true, but also look at the win-loss records from those match-ups

Back
Top Bottom