Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

For those of you discussing the structure of the Heat, give me an IDEAL Starting 5 for them.

Wade
Bron
Bosh

Give me prototypes that would fill the final 2 spots. IE, spot up shooting PG, Rebounding/Defensive C.

Because I am interested in why you thik TMAC isn't a good fit. Because he isn't a dead eye shooter maybe?

Like you said, a PG who can stretch the floor (or any 2 or 3 that can stretch the floor and you can move bron/wade to PG) and a 5 that rebound and defend.

t mac doesn't fill either of those needs. As I previously stated, if you play him with bron and wade, the floor spacing would be poor.

Like you said, a PG who can stretch the floor (or any 2 or 3 that can stretch the floor and you can move bron/wade to PG) and a 5 that rebound and defend.

t mac doesn't fill either of those needs. As I previously stated, if you play him with bron and wade, the floor spacing would be poor.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

For those of you discussing the structure of the Heat, give me an IDEAL Starting 5 for them.

Wade
Bron
Bosh

Give me prototypes that would fill the final 2 spots. IE, spot up shooting PG, Rebounding/Defensive C.

Because I am interested in why you thik TMAC isn't a good fit. Because he isn't a dead eye shooter maybe?
Exactly. Yall can talk about Miller, Redd, and James Jones all you want (JJ is the best option for that team IMO), but what you really need to focus on is a good PG, and a Center.

And Hakeem works with a lot of dudes. I swear because a dude works out with Hakeem doesn't mean he suddenly inherits Dream's skills.
laugh.gif

Will it help? It could a lot, but still, suddenly it's going to be LeBron's skillset and he uses his Mega Man power-up to use Hakeems skillset too?

Wade
Bron
Bosh

Exactly. Yall can talk about Miller, Redd, and James Jones all you want (JJ is the best option for that team IMO), but what you really need to focus on is a good PG, and a Center.

And Hakeem works with a lot of dudes. I swear because a dude works out with Hakeem doesn't mean he suddenly inherits Dream's skills.
laugh.gif

Will it help? It could a lot, but still, suddenly it's going to be LeBron's skillset and he uses his Mega Man power-up to use Hakeems skillset too?

Originally Posted by ill steelo

See but how many PG's in the NBA can stretch the floor AND defend? One of the Heat's biggest issues was defending the point position. So anyone that can stretch the floor will probably not be able to have the foot speed to contain someone at the opposite end.

See what I am saying?

See but how many PG's in the NBA can stretch the floor AND defend? One of the Heat's biggest issues was defending the point position. So anyone that can stretch the floor will probably not be able to have the foot speed to contain someone at the opposite end.

See what I am saying?

Redd wouldn't be a good fit for Miami as of now... Years ago when he was healthy, ya. Now, they're better off signing someone else or just sticking with Mike Miller who would be more productive.

Redd wouldn't be a good fit for Miami as of now... Years ago when he was healthy, ya. Now, they're better off signing someone else or just sticking with Mike Miller who would be more productive.

See what I am saying?
I never said anything about the PG being able to defend. I said the 5 (center) must be able to defend. I just want the PG (or whoever is out there with wade  bron bosh & a center) to be able to stretch the floor because, like you said, there aren't that many PGs who can shoot AND defend, and you don't want to bring in a player that will make it more difficult for lebron and dwyane to score because he can't capitalize off of the open looks he'll get from the attention that the big 2 draws. They'd almost be better off getting a guy like battier who can shoot and defend, and leaving PG duties to the big 2.

See what I am saying?
I never said anything about the PG being able to defend. I said the 5 (center) must be able to defend. I just want the PG (or whoever is out there with wade  bron bosh & a center) to be able to stretch the floor because, like you said, there aren't that many PGs who can shoot AND defend, and you don't want to bring in a player that will make it more difficult for lebron and dwyane to score because he can't capitalize off of the open looks he'll get from the attention that the big 2 draws. They'd almost be better off getting a guy like battier who can shoot and defend, and leaving PG duties to the big 2.

I know you never said that but that was one of the biggest issues from a starting PG that plays in Miami's system.

I think your idea of having a "PG By Committee" situation would make more sense to me. Much like the Bulls did. Maybe seeing LeBron initiate the offense more like Pippen can see an increase in efficiency. I was more impressed by LeBron's initiation skills during his rookie season in Cleveland than I have been as of late.

I think if he can just "allow" Wade to carry the load offensively and just play that 2nd fiddle role (full-time), I think this team can be a much better team. The issue last year was we never knew who was going to be the man, Wade or LeBron. I don't think that can work again.

I know you never said that but that was one of the biggest issues from a starting PG that plays in Miami's system.

I think your idea of having a "PG By Committee" situation would make more sense to me. Much like the Bulls did. Maybe seeing LeBron initiate the offense more like Pippen can see an increase in efficiency. I was more impressed by LeBron's initiation skills during his rookie season in Cleveland than I have been as of late.

I think if he can just "allow" Wade to carry the load offensively and just play that 2nd fiddle role (full-time), I think this team can be a much better team. The issue last year was we never knew who was going to be the man, Wade or LeBron. I don't think that can work again.

given the success Miami had last year (which i didnt expect due to a lack of viable talent around the Big 3) what do you see for these guys in the future?
Wade is hitting 30 this season and in a couple years the same will be true for Bron and Bosh.
if they are able to trim some fat and get a couple good signings for the right price do you think that this team can build upon last years success
and get a ring or two? and what if they arent able to make any decent signings?
not trying to veer the thread in another direction just wanted some opinions from fellow basketball enthusiasts.

given the success Miami had last year (which i didnt expect due to a lack of viable talent around the Big 3) what do you see for these guys in the future?
Wade is hitting 30 this season and in a couple years the same will be true for Bron and Bosh.
if they are able to trim some fat and get a couple good signings for the right price do you think that this team can build upon last years success
and get a ring or two? and what if they arent able to make any decent signings?
not trying to veer the thread in another direction just wanted some opinions from fellow basketball enthusiasts.

As long as the corpse of Mike Bibby isn't playing, the Heat will be fine with a re-signed Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole.
laugh.gif

As long as the corpse of Mike Bibby isn't playing, the Heat will be fine with a re-signed Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole.
laugh.gif

If LeBron played second fiddle full-time, they probably lose to the Bulls in 6 this year. (or less). All LeBron had to do was play decently in the Finals and they win. He played like crap instead.

Chalmers/Cole is fine. Biggest improvement they could make is get a big man who can defend at a decent level and catch & dunk the ball consistently (what Joel can't do)

If LeBron played second fiddle full-time, they probably lose to the Bulls in 6 this year. (or less). All LeBron had to do was play decently in the Finals and they win. He played like crap instead.

Chalmers/Cole is fine. Biggest improvement they could make is get a big man who can defend at a decent level and catch & dunk the ball consistently (what Joel can't do)

Originally Posted by Al3xis

pimp.gif
.. chalmers showed up in the finals... he hit some very big 3's... he is not the fastest PG but he does play and try on defense...

Originally Posted by Al3xis

pimp.gif
.. chalmers showed up in the finals... he hit some very big 3's... he is not the fastest PG but he does play and try on defense...

Serious question here, where is Lebron going to jersey going to hang when he retires? I mean can't see that jersey hanging in Cleveland as long Dan Gilbert or someone in his family owns the team. Maybe sometime in the future that fence will be mended. And Miami, he's already 8 years deep into his career and he's about to lose one to a lockout. Though Miami did retire MJ's number so it might not matter. .

Serious question here, where is Lebron going to jersey going to hang when he retires? I mean can't see that jersey hanging in Cleveland as long Dan Gilbert or someone in his family owns the team. Maybe sometime in the future that fence will be mended. And Miami, he's already 8 years deep into his career and he's about to lose one to a lockout. Though Miami did retire MJ's number so it might not matter. .

Back
Top Bottom