Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
pimp.gif

Guess we'll just have to see...so many rumors, tonight/tomorrow should be interesting to say the least.

Also word is ATL is looking at Pau as well, Smoove-Pau swap works for both sides.

Would be sad to see Pau leave, but young blood and cap flexibility is needed.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Guess we'll just have to see...so many rumors, tonight should be interesting to say the least.

Also word is ATL is looking at Pau as well, Smoove-Pau swap works for both sides.

not really. ATL needs a real C so they can push horford to the 4 spot. much rather do a package of smith + filler for bynum

Pau would be playing center for any other team besides the Lakers. Plus, as he's getting older center would be the best position for him.

In terms of talent, maybe not but Josh would be off the books following next season and he may fit better with Bynum than Pau did this season seeing as he doesn't have to have a specific spot on the floor to be effective.

Lakers are treading a thin line between remaining a viable contender and trying to be cost effective for the future, next offseason could be as crazy as 2010 if Dwight and CP3 actually go back on the open market, Lakers would only have Kobe on the books in his last season assuming Bynum doesn't sign a long term deal, they could rebuild to a championship team very quickly.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Don't really see Josh Smith as an upgrade for the Lakers.

thats because hes not.

i dont see a point in that trade

Originally Posted by diew its james

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Guess we'll just have to see...so many rumors, tonight should be interesting to say the least.

not really. ATL needs a real C so they can push horford to the 4 spot. much rather do a package of smith + filler for bynum
Gasol enjoyed his best season when he was at center. If he's the primary post option he can do work.

And if he's going to play so poorly next to Bynum in the postseason, then he needs to shipped out although I question if Josh Smith is the best fit.

I'd want a better jump shooter at the 4 with Bynum. Smith (inexplicably) took over six 16-23 foot jumpers a game this year and connected on just 37%.

I caught a good amount of Hawks games in person year & Philips moans every time he pulls up for that shot.

If the Rockets are looking to trade for a top 10 pick... I don't know which team in the top 10 is really willing to do so. My guess would be NO, I but still don't think they'd bite and I doubt HOU is aiming for the # 10 pick

[h3]
[h3]Thunder, Nuggets, Spurs Express Interest In Trading Up For Beal[/h3]
Jun 27, 2012 5:14 PM EDT

Beal_Bradley_ncaa_111130.jpg

Bradley Beal revealed that Sam Presti told him in an interview in Chicago that the Thunder were interested in trading up to draft him.

Oklahoma City doesn't have a selection until the No. 28 pick.

"He told me he was going to decide what they're going to do and considered getting up there," Beal said.

Beal said Denver, which picks at No. 20, also made a similar statement.

In order to draft Beal, the Thunder would almost certainly need to trade James Harden. League sources said Oklahoma City would be unable to avoidtax issuesif they had Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Harden and Serge Ibaka under lucrative contracts.

Trading for Harden could make sense for a team like the Bobcats, though there is no guarantee he would be willing to sign a long-term extension.

"I've heard it a lot," Beal said of the Thunder scenario. "It's really interesting. I would love to play with Kevin Durant. (Russell) Westbrook, great point guard. Just the whole team. It's young; I would love to play with a young team. They play fast. I'd love to get up and down, shoot the ball. Overall, whatever situation I Iand in I'll be happy."

Presti and Billy Donovan have had multiple conversations on thephoneabout Beal, as well.

A source with direct knowledge of the situation said, "Oklahoma City exhausted every opportunity oncampusto find out everything they could find out about Beal. They've done everything they can."

The Spurs have also been interested in moving up to draft Beal.

Read more:http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Interest_In_Trading_Up_For_Beal#ixzz1z20ReUXD
[/h3]http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Interest_In_Trading_Up_For_Beal#ixzz1z20ReUXD

Defensively Josh Smith kills Gasol. I think it would bring with it the 23 pick and/or Jeff Teague to be backup PG.

And I'm thinking Josh is the stepping stone to Dwight.

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

Originally Posted by franchise3

Don't really see Josh Smith as an upgrade for the Lakers.

Me either.. 
Someone has to tag along with him
Really? .. In case they swap Pau for him
You guys really think he would just stand around the perimeter because he's too soft and unathletic to beat anyone off the dribble .. coughPAUcough

Lakers got a bit younger and also adds some athleticism in that aging team

you don't think that's a tad bit of an upgrade? 
laugh.gif

God I would love to see Beal on the Thunder. Just look at all the WIDE open looks Sefolosha and even Harden have had the past two seasons. Beal would go the +$%% in if they got him. Westbrook-Beal-Durant-Ibaka-Perk 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 good luck to any other team in the West until like 2019.

I don't totally get the pau roasting. I'd take him is heart beat.

Change of scenery woukd do him good

Originally Posted by Buc Em

God I would love to see Beal on the Thunder. Just look at all the WIDE open looks Sefolosha and even Harden have had the past two seasons. Beal would go the +$%% in if they got him. Westbrook-Beal-Durant-Ibaka-Perk 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 good luck to any other team in the West until like 2019.

I would much rather play against Beal than Harden at this point. Harden's playmaking ability makes him very dangerous. It'll be easier to guard Beal, IMO.

Brad Beal at what, like 22 or 23 > Harden..maybe/probably?

Harden now > Beal now, easily obviously. Would be dumb to me - nothing is guaranteed into the future, win now.

I don't get the Pau bashing either.

Maybe it is just one of those trades that is a change for both players.

Smith I think is the athletic defender/rebounder the Lakers are missing next to Bynum. allows Josh to roam with Bynum in the paint. Gasol moves to Center where he is better suited and Horford moves to the 4. I think it adds life to both teams.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Brad Beal at what, like 22 or 23 > Harden..maybe/probably?

Harden now > Beal now, easily obviously. Would be dumb to me - nothing is guaranteed into the future, win now.
But is several years of Beal worth more than one of Harden? It's not like Durant and Westbrook are going anywhere...

But is several years of Beal worth more than one of Harden?
I don't like Beal nearly as much as everyone else seems to, but you have to say yes (to the concept, at least).

It's kind of a necessary evil having to trade Harden or Ibaka for a pick that they can cheaply control over four or five years. That said, I would never, under any circumstance, let Harden be the one to go. Ibaka won't get them two, but he'll get them a lottery pick. Maybe Henson, who has the shot-blocking skills and a projectable jumper.

But Harden for Beal? Never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom