Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.

It damn sure was not Vince. **** no it was not this guy.

http://s474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/cp1708/?action=view&current=Vincegif.gif

Hedo, or maybe Shard. Jameer somewhere in the 4-5 range I would say.
BUMS! The lot of them.

And to think in this thread ppl were telling me Dwight couldn't lead that Nets team to the playoffs as the only star on the team.

Him and deron most def, him alone? Negative, did you even watch the nets play last year? :x
Him alone. Stop adding Deron. Yeah I watched the Nets. You severely underestimate how much better Dwight makes a team. Have you seen the Magic play without him? You'll get another chance this season and see how much they sink right around to the level of the Nets when they won 12 games.

The Grizzlies netted three rotation players (Marc Gasol, Darrell Arthur and Greivis Vasquez before he got traded for Quincy Pondexter) and cap space (used to trade for Zach Randolph) from the Pau Gasol trade. Could the Grizzlies have gotten better players from the Bulls (Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas) or Celtics (Al Jefferson)? Sure, but I doubt they would be in the position that they are in now.

Haven't you been reading Hank and MMG? If you don't get a "name" player, you obviously were sexually assualted by the other team, duh. Clearly the Grizz were fleeced by the mighty brains in Lakerland, and no possible way to view it any other way whatsoever. Please take your logical Laker slanted opinion out of here so as not to interupt the drivel.

The Grizzlies netted three rotation players (Marc Gasol, Darrell Arthur and Greivis Vasquez before he got traded for Quincy Pondexter) and cap space (used to trade for Zach Randolph) from the Pau Gasol trade. Could the Grizzlies have gotten better players from the Bulls (Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas) or Celtics (Al Jefferson)? Sure, but I doubt they would be in the position that they are in now.

Haven't you been reading Hank and MMG? If you don't get a "name" player, you obviously were sexually assualted by the other team, duh. Clearly the Grizz were fleeced by the mighty brains in Lakerland, and no possible way to view it any other way whatsoever. Please take your logical Laker slanted opinion out of here so as not to interupt the drivel.
So should the Grizzlies fans or Magic fans be happy with the trade they pulled off when the trade first went down?

Are there even Magic fans on here 
laugh.gif

I know PMatic and BHZ and a few other are Grizz fans

:smh: @ people still talking about the Grizz getting fleeced in the Pau Gasol trade.

And for those who keep saying they had no idea Marc would be good, obviously Wallace did. He's gone on record several times about how he wanted Marc in the deal and he felt that he was a more attractive piece than anything the Bulls or Celtics were currently offering. THAT'S why the deal was made.

Now, he may have not known he would be an all-star, but no one knows if the players they draft will be a for sure all-star. That goes for any team/GM. He obviously evaluated Marc in Spain and the guy was the MVP of his league. Looking at the players we would've got from Chicago (Nocioni, Thomas, etc), we would've been crucified today and probably would still be a lottery team.

rck, I'm happy about the trade. I knew we wasn't going anywhere with our current team and after making the trade to get Rudy Gay, it was obvious the team was about to go into rebuilding mode. I was happy with the young core we brought in at the time (Conley, Lowry, Marc, Arthur, Gay, OJ). And of course, Marc's value is currently higher than anyone we would've got in that trade. Jefferson is close, but then we more than likely wouldn't have had ZBO.

The difference between the Magic deal and our deal is that other teams were supposedly offering the same kind of package (Houston) for Dwight. You were getting better draft prospects and freeing up more caproom. Maybe the deal wasn't a for sure thing, but that's why its hard to justify them making the right trade. Maybe Harkless will turn into a better player than any of the Rockets players, but I don't see it. I don't remember anyone offering us a combination of picks, young prospect and capspace like the Lakers did at that time. The picks Orlando received are fine. Those picks can turn out to be good players. Ours turned out to be Arthur and Vasquez. One of those guys is one of the top bench bigs in the league when healthy and the other guy is currently the starting PG for the Hornets.

Last edited:
rck, I'm happy about the trade. I knew we wasn't going anywhere with our current team and after making the trade to get Rudy Gay, it was obvious the team was about to go into rebuilding mode. I was happy with the young core we brought in at the time (Conley, Lowry, Marc, Arthur, Gay, OJ). And of course, Marc's value is currently higher than anyone we would've got in that trade. Jefferson is close, but then we more than likely wouldn't have had ZBO.
Well ya I mean, right now looking at what you actually got it's a decent trade. But at the time you were happy with just blowing up the team for pure rebuilding purposes?

How do you guys feel about Greg Monroe playing PF next season?

Danny Granger just bought a crib in LA....foreshadowing perhaps?

I just saw Paul George listed at 6'10, we need to find a way to get him more burn at the forward spot, even if it meant moving Granger to SG.....

:smh: @ people still talking about the Grizz getting fleeced in the Pau Gasol trade.
And for those who keep saying they had no idea Marc would be good, obviously Wallace did. He's gone on record several times about how he wanted Marc in the deal and he felt that he was a more attractive piece than anything the Bulls or Celtics were currently offering. THAT'S why the deal was made.
Now, he may have not known he would be an all-star, but no one knows if the players they draft will be a for sure all-star. That goes for any team/GM. He obviously evaluated Marc in Spain and the guy was the MVP of his league. Looking at the players we would've got from Chicago (Nocioni, Thomas, etc), we would've been crucified today and probably would still be a lottery team.
The difference between the Magic deal and our deal is that other teams were supposedly offering the same kind of package (Houston) for Dwight. You were getting better draft prospects and freeing up more caproom. Maybe the deal wasn't a for sure thing, but that's why its hard to justify them making the right trade. Maybe Harkless will turn into a better player than any of the Rockets players, but I don't see it. I don't remember anyone offering us a combination of picks, young prospect and capspace like the Lakers did at that time. The picks Orlando received are fine. Those picks can turn out to be good players. Ours turned out to be Arthur and Vasquez. One of those guys is one of the top bench bigs in the league when healthy and the other guy is currently the starting PG for the Hornets.

No, no no no.

I clearly read those guys posts, the Magic should have gotten 7 all stars for Dwight plus money, plus picks. No possible way they should have got what they did.

Choose from hostages, aliens, or corruptness. Only feasible options.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom