Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont know why Bulls fans or anyone wants D rose to come back this season.
been saying it since the minute he got injured, if hes smart he just sits out the entire year.
his knee is not going to get stronger from him sitting around, he has to play for his knee to get its strenght back.

dont know why Bulls fans or anyone wants D rose to come back this season.

been saying it since the minute he got injured, if hes smart he just sits out the entire year.

his knee is not going to get stronger from him sitting around, he has to play for his knee to get its strenght back.

practice? shoot around?

no need to go 100% in a real game on the court with the way he plays.

No point in rushing pooh back, as it stands that chi team won't beat the heat in a 7 game.

Thunder
Lakers
Spurs
Grizz
Clippers
Nuggets
Jazz
Mavs

The homer in me would have the Grizz are #3, winning the southwest division. I got to see if the team can actually be healthy for once this season, though. I really would like to think this is the year San Antonio makes a drop in the standings, but I've been thinking that the best two seasons. :lol: . If the Spurs drop like I think they should, my list changes to:

Thunder
Lakers
Grizz
Clippers
Spurs
Nuggets
Jazz
Mavs

wrong.
gerald green has been trash and one dimensional for YEARS. im surprised teams wanted to sign him...

Man, weren't you the one hating HARD when the Nets first signed Gerald Green? Now that he balled out and earned himself a decent contract, you still hating? :smh: Let him cook, he's an athlete, he can shoot and he played hard on both ends last year. Can't ask for much more from a bench player.

-

I don't understand Knick fans and their irrational confidence. Last year the Knicks had no major injuries, Linsanity happened out of nowhere, and they were still the SEVEN seed. Now you subtract Lin, subtract Shumpert for most of the year, add a couple old players and a decent bench SG (brewer) and all of a sudden that equals top team in the East? Is Woodson that good of a coach? Will a backcourt of Fat Boy Felton/Kidd and Brewer/J.R really be good enough? Aren't yall worried that after 1.5 seasons, the chemistry problems with Amare and Melo are still there? Shumpert and Lin were a big part of last year's success and they're both gone.

The only positives about the Knick off-season IMO are that Kidd's BB IQ and leadership might have a greater impact than his numbers and/or Felton rekindles his magic with Amare from 2 years ago. Besides that, all I see is a team banking on Tyson Chandler to anchor the defense again (which he'll probably do) but lost the dynamic PG they needed to make the offense click.

I might be a Net fan but I would love to hear an argument against this.

I have the Lakers finishing behind the Thunder & Spurs.

Too much continuity from those 2 teams while LAL is installing another new offense & will have to change the way they play with Nash at the 1.

And seeds 4-8? Meh.

sad thing is, your being serious

Stick to the jersey thread brah. 8)

One of the main reasons I see la not being successful is because of koME.

"Look, I'm going to play two, maybe three more years … then the team is his,"- Kobe Bryant

This dude just doesn't get IT. :smh:

Last edited:
He's got the Lakers 6th :rofl:

PopFacepalm.gif

Doo is the ultimate troll

OKC
SAS
LAL (Could be 1/2 if Dwight plays whole season, missing training camp/start of season could hurt)
DEN :smokin :smokin
LAC
MEM
DAL
MINN

MIA
PHI
NYK
IND (NYK/IND can switch)
BOS
BROOKLYN
ATL
MIL

(Chicago grabbing the 6th/7th if they get D. Rose back halfway in the season and pushing Mil out)

Last edited:
and people have the audacity to gang up on me and call me a troll when i dont even say anything that far fetched :smh:

Stick to the jersey thread brah. 8)
One of the main reasons I see la not being successful is because of koME.
"Look, I'm going to play two, maybe three more years … then the team is his,"- Kobe Bryant
This dude just doesn't get IT. :smh:

:lol: @ doesn't get it

talking about successful and **** when Timmy, manu and tony or Spurs org for that matter cant even REPEAT

**** outta here with that crap

and people have the audacity to gang up on me and call me a troll when i dont even say anything that far fetched :smh:
On what planet are you allowed to prove you're not a troll using Doo as an example?
Doo?
Doo.

Last edited:
the chart is based on ESPN's projections not on last year's records or some other less arbitrary measure.

kfPCS.png

OKC, Lakers and Grizz with the 3rd easiest schedule in the West, supposedly.

You a bisexual troll bruh. Stick to looking for Tmobile deals or making post about not drinking milk. Basketball aint for you.

Have the Pacers really proven themselves to warrant any kind of faith that last seasons success will carry over ? Nope not imo
This isnt some perennial playoff team like the Celtics or a good team like the Bulls when healthy, its just the freakin Pacers who finished under 500 the season before their playoff ''run''.
I'd give the Knicks the edge because they were in disarray last season and Woodson seems like he's getting them to play better ball. They made some decent moves in the offseason with Camby, Felton, and Kidd so with a fresh start i dont see why they wouldnt finish ahead of the Pacers.

So, the Pacers having the 5th best record in the entire league and WINNING a playoff series means nothing? Talk about disrespect. Jeez.

You talking about the Hawks or the Knicks?
I'll assume Knicks cuz Hawks didn't have Woodson coaching them. As for what we did better watch the 4 games played between the two teams and that's all you really need to see when it comes to what the Knicks do better than the Pacers. Far better on defense, more consistent on offense.
I couldn't care less about an end of the season record. In the playoffs we see them 1st or 2nd round and we win in 5 games, 6 at the most.

Knicks have won ONE playoff game in the past 11 years, but all of a sudden they're going to win a series? Funny. Knicks fans stay putting the cart before the horse. For as many roster moves that have been made, there are still a ton of questions surrounding this team. I don't trust any Knicks squad to make noise as long as James Dolan is at the helm.

Man, weren't you the one hating HARD when the Nets first signed Gerald Green? Now that he balled out and earned himself a decent contract, you still hating? :smh: Let him cook, he's an athlete, he can shoot and he played hard on both ends last year. Can't ask for much more from a bench player.
-
I don't understand Knick fans and their irrational confidence. Last year the Knicks had no major injuries, Linsanity happened out of nowhere, and they were still the SEVEN seed. Now you subtract Lin, subtract Shumpert for most of the year, add a couple old players and a decent bench SG (brewer) and all of a sudden that equals top team in the East? Is Woodson that good of a coach? Will a backcourt of Fat Boy Felton/Kidd and Brewer/J.R really be good enough? Aren't yall worried that after 1.5 seasons, the chemistry problems with Amare and Melo are still there? Shumpert and Lin were a big part of last year's success and they're both gone.
The only positives about the Knick off-season IMO are that Kidd's BB IQ and leadership might have a greater impact than his numbers and/or Felton rekindles his magic with Amare from 2 years ago. Besides that, all I see is a team banking on Tyson Chandler to anchor the defense again (which he'll probably do) but lost the dynamic PG they needed to make the offense click.
I might be a Net fan but I would love to hear an argument against this.

You brought up great points, and I would also like to hear an argument against what you posted.

Last edited:
you really counting the pacers beating the magic as winning a playoff series? smh even the knicks would've won that one.

you really counting the pacers beating the magic as winning a playoff series? smh even the knicks would've won that one.

Well, they beat the Magic in a playoff series, so that constitutes winning a playoff series. So, yes...I'm counting it.

You're basing your entire argument off of a hypothetical. The fact is, the Knicks have one win (in the playoffs) in 11 years. Maybe things change this season, but who knows? For as confident as you are in your team, there are still a ton of questions surrounding them. They're a playoff team - no doubt. However, which Knicks team is going to show up? The one that has the potential to be a 3 seed, or the one that's a 7/8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom