Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you're saying is...if the Knicks manage to play say...the Bucks or Hawks, we should expect a quick playoff exit? Cool.

You're saying **** you for having optimism, damn right your team ain't **** and excuses, excuses. You told us.

So what you're saying is...if the Knicks manage to play say...the Bucks or Hawks, we should expect a quick playoff exit? Cool.
You're saying **** you for having optimism, damn right your team ain't **** and excuses, excuses. You told us.

I'm basing my argument off of your playoff history and the fact that no one knows how they'll gel this season. Keep your optimism. Cuddle with it for all I care. I have my doubts about the team. Like I said. They are a playoff team for sure. Their seeding depends on a lot of factors - some more so than other teams in the East. I don't even see how you can argue that...but you probably will.

I'm basing my argument off of your playoff history and the fact that no one knows how they'll gel this season. Keep your optimism. Cuddle with it for all I care. I have my doubts about the team. Like I said. They are a playoff team for sure. Their seeding depends on a lot of factors - some more so than other teams in the East. I don't even see how you can argue that...but you probably will.
So suddenly all playoff wins and losses are created equally? Like the year the Thunder met the Lakers in the first round and everyone said, that was the biggest test the Lakers had before the Finals? Or you're just saying the Knicks are damned and injuries mean nothing.

And what the hell does past playoff history have a damn thing to do with this year? Then how can anyone predict that the Nets are making the playoffs?

You're saying someone's dumb for predicting the Knicks could finish as high as 3rd, then say well there's a lot of factors, but *types into imaginary calculator* nope that's ******ed Knick fans.

Last edited:
I don't see the Spurs getting #1 plus having the best seed means nothing. They'll get beat by OKC and Lakers.
I think Washington makes it this season instead of ATL, just for the fact I NEVER WANT TO SEE ANOTHER ATL GAME.

Will there be a individuals players awards this year thread or can we just post them?

MVP: Durant, don't think Bron will care much after 1st game up til ASG probably will rest more. I can see Wade jumping in the race
ROY: Unibrow, Beal
MIP: McGee, Beasley (pulling for that dude)
6th Man: Harden, Roy (nice story :D)
DPO: Ibaka, Chandler, Bron?
Coach: Doug Collins, Monty Williams

MVP: Durant, don't think Bron will care much after 1st game up til ASG probably will rest more. I can see Wade jumping in the race

I don't see him not "caring much" at all. You better believe he's going to try to cement his legacy even further by going after another MVP.

Last edited:
So suddenly all playoff wins and losses are created equally? Like the year the Thunder met the Lakers in the first round and everyone said, that was the biggest test the Lakers had before the Finals? Or you're just saying the Knicks are damned and injuries mean nothing.
And what the hell does past playoff history have a damn thing to do with this year? Then how can anyone predict that the Nets are making the playoffs?
You're saying someone's dumb for predicting the Knicks could finish as high as 3rd, then say well there's a lot of factors, but *types into imaginary calculator* nope that's ******ed Knick fans.

So, I guess the Knicks winning ONE playoff game in 11 years is a fluke then, right? You're doing your best to pump up your squad at the expense of a team that was better than you last year. I don't get how that makes any sense.

Your past playoff history means a lot when you have a reputation of dysfunction from top to bottom in the organization. If you want to call it being "damned," then so be it. As I said before, I don't like or trust any Knicks team with James Dolan at the helm. You got delusional fans thinking FIBA Melo is the same as NBA Melo. You got delusional fans thinking STAT/Melo will have cohesion like Cousin Larry/Balki. It goes on and on. Personally, what I'm most interested in is seeing how this team reacts to adversity under Woodson because the honeymoon phase won't last forever. There are a lot of questions surrounding this squad. If you have the confidence that this team will be the 3rd seed in the east, then [Deuce King] bless your heart [Deuce King]. I don't see it.

I don't see him not "caring much" at all. You better believe he's going to try to cement his legacy even further by going after another MVP.

Yeah but Bron has to be somewhat tired mentally and physically I think. Plus it would be nice to see him, as a fan of him, not MIA, not have to carry the load as much. I'm sure against the key match ups he will record a big game and people can use that for him winning.

I still think New York is as much of a threat to Miami as anyone in the East. short of a healthy Boston.

I don't even say that as a homer, I genuinely dislike this version of the Knicks - but they have the firepower if Mike Woodson isn't a moron and a higher ceiling then the 'solid' teams. It's just their basement is also much deeper and it could be a train-wreck depending on the day/week/month.

As soon Melo becomes that all around player like lebron, wade, and kobe the Knicks will be just average. They have a bunch of question marks.

So, I guess the Knicks winning ONE playoff game in 11 years is a fluke then, right? You're doing your best to pump up your squad at the expense of a team that was better than you last year. I don't get how that makes any sense.

Your past playoff history means a lot when you have a reputation of dysfunction from top to bottom in the organization. If you want to call it being "damned," then so be it. As I said before, I don't like or trust any Knicks team with James Dolan at the helm. You got delusional fans thinking FIBA Melo is the same as NBA Melo. You got delusional fans thinking STAT/Melo will have cohesion like Cousin Larry/Balki. It goes on and on. Personally, what I'm most interested in is seeing how this team reacts to adversity under Woodson because the honeymoon phase won't last forever. There are a lot of questions surrounding this squad. If you have the confidence that this team will be the 3rd seed in the east, then [Deuce King] bless your heart [Deuce King]. I don't see it.
....o....k.

So you're saying:
--'Yes, the Knicks are damned.'
--Why are Knick fans hyping up the Knicks, when they should be hyping up The Pacers?
--You're all delusional for hoping for things.
--Every playoff team in the East would sweep the Knicks
--I am condescending.

And who the **** has confidence? It's AUGUST.
These are predictions, sight unseen, and you're acting like dudes are running around saying CHIP, QUOTE ME!

Last edited:
....o....k.
So you're saying:
--'Yes, the Knicks are damned.'
--Why are Knick fans hyping up the Knicks, when they should be hyping up The Pacers?
--You're all delusional for hoping for things.
--Every playoff team in the East would sweep the Knicks
--I am condescending.
And who the **** has confidence? It's AUGUST.
These are predictions, sight unseen, and you're acting like dudes are running around saying CHIP, QUOTE ME!

Where did I say anything about dudes saying **** about a championship? You have to be one of the smartest, but yet one of the most dense dudes in this thread. I'll put it in caps so there is no room for you to not comprehend what I'm saying:

I DON'T AGREE WITH ANYONE WHO THINKS THE KNICKS ARE A 3 SEED IN THE EAST.

I'll even list my reasons.

1. Melo's commitment to the game.
2. Melo/Stat coexisting - and overall chemistry on the team.
3. Mike Woodson
4. PGs
5. (actually could be 1) James Dolan
6. Organizational dysfuntion

They are a playoff team in the East, but not a 3 seed.

Last edited:
I DON'T AGREE WITH ANYONE WHO THINKS THE KNICKS ARE A 3 SEED IN THE EAST.
So what? Who cares? When did the argument become, the Knicks are gonna be 3 seed or **** you?

You talking about the Hawks or the Knicks?
I'll assume Knicks cuz Hawks didn't have Woodson coaching them. As for what we did better watch the 4 games played between the two teams and that's all you really need to see when it comes to what the Knicks do better than the Pacers. Far better on defense, more consistent on offense.
I couldn't care less about an end of the season record. In the playoffs we see them 1st or 2nd round and we win in 5 games, 6 at the most.

Knicks have won ONE playoff game in the past 11 years, but all of a sudden they're going to win a series? Funny. Knicks fans stay putting the cart before the horse. For as many roster moves that have been made, there are still a ton of questions surrounding this team. I don't trust any Knicks squad to make noise as long as James Dolan is at the helm.
This has nothing...NOTHING to do with seed. It's about what a the 2013 Knicks could do in the playoffs. You're the only getting stuck on the one point you're trying to make, instead of what the argument was about from the first place.

But you're right. James Dolan would probably screw up the team before Game 1 of a Pacers-Knicks series.

You don't even know what you're fighting about, you just like talking down to talk down.

Last edited:
and people have the audacity to gang up on me and call me a troll when i dont even say anything that far fetched
mean.gif

You a bisexual troll bruh. Stick to looking for Tmobile deals or making post about not drinking milk. Basketball aint for you.
Well...damn.

So what? Who cares? When did the argument become, the Knicks are gonna be 3 seed or **** you?
This has nothing...NOTHING to do with seed. It's about what a the 2013 Knicks could do in the playoffs. You're the only getting stuck on the one point you're trying to make, instead of what the argument was about from the first place.
But you're right. James Dolan would probably screw up the team before Game 1 of a Pacers-Knicks series.
You don't even know what you're fighting about, you just like talking down to talk down.

With as much dysfunction going on in that franchise, coupled with the fact that you all haven't proved anything in the playoffs in 11 years, why shouldn't I be skeptical of anyone who says that this team is a 3 seed, let alone better than the Pacers? Knicks as the 3 seed has been brought up in this thread a few times, don't be naive. Saying anything perceived as "negative" about the Knicks = talking down to talk down. I get it.

If the Knicks / lakers were to ever meet in the finals NT would be brought down :lol:

damn whats with the hard hate on the knicks? i dont think its that far fetched to see um go number 2 or 3 in the east barring injury..

they got the talent. and a better coach in woodson. after miami its a tossup between boston, brooklyn, new york, and indiana with indiana having the most inexperience out of those 3 teams and boston being old as dirt...

Last edited:
Why is this even an issue?

If you think the Knicks will be a 3, 2, or even 1 seed. Cool. There's no problem with believing in it, feeling it, and/or having faith. But it's not like there's evidence to support that it'll happen. It's not fact or an accepted truth.

If you want to talk about evidence, the evidence shows that the Knicks, in the past, have been a middle-of-the-pack team. Placing mid-to-bottom in the playoff race and they've won one game in the "current" era. Can it change? Certainly, but that's going beyond evidence into guesswork.

Last edited:

With as much dysfunction going on in that franchise, coupled with the fact that you all haven't proved anything in the playoffs in 11 years, why shouldn't I be skeptical of anyone who says that this team is a 3 seed, let alone better than the Pacers? Knicks as the 3 seed has been brought up in this thread a few times, don't be naive. Saying anything perceived as "negative" about the Knicks = talking down to talk down. I get it.
No...what you do on a permanent basis is talking down. The topic just happens to be the Knicks at the moment. It's not the content, it's the delivery and lack of empathy/perspective taking.

But put that aside. So now the Pacers are the benchmark of the East? If not the Heat, then them? So you can tell in August that the Knicks couldn't beat the Pacers in a series? Because last August you could tell that the Pacers were gonna be the 3rd seed? Because they've had an illustrious playoff history this past decade?

So you're saying all that Pacer success last year would've been the same without West and Granger for 1/4 of the games? Maybe a coach change? How about no West...Collisson or George Hill for the 1st round?

Where does the line get drawn between 'I think the Knicks are damned' and if they don't have as much bad luck as last year, things could be different?

I really think if the Knicks were healthy that series against miami .. they will take miami to game 7

that's just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom