Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knicks have the TALENT on the roster to win a title.. It's just every thing else that keeps them extremely far away (i.e. First Round Exits)

Start from Dolan and go all the way down... Should Knicks be a contender? Yes.. But they're not for all the ******** that starts from the owner, to the front office, to the coach, to the assistants, down to the players having their own issues that derail the Knicks.

Last edited:
Knicks have the TALENT on the roster to win a title..

No they don't, they have the talent to be exactly what they are 5-8 seed and a first round exit.

I have no idea what about the Knicks screams to anybody championship contender, they won't win one now or in 5 years. They simply aren't good enough and no amount of hoping and wishing will change that.

So what? Who cares? When did the argument become, the Knicks are gonna be 3 seed or **** you?
This has nothing...NOTHING to do with seed. It's about what a the 2013 Knicks could do in the playoffs. You're the only getting stuck on the one point you're trying to make, instead of what the argument was about from the first place.
But you're right. James Dolan would probably screw up the team before Game 1 of a Pacers-Knicks series.
You don't even know what you're fighting about, you just like talking down to talk down.

With as much dysfunction going on in that franchise, coupled with the fact that you all haven't proved anything in the playoffs in 11 years, why shouldn't I be skeptical of anyone who says that this team is a 3 seed, let alone better than the Pacers? Knicks as the 3 seed has been brought up in this thread a few times, don't be naive. Saying anything perceived as "negative" about the Knicks = talking down to talk down. I get it.
No...what you do on a permanent basis is talking down. The topic just happens to be the Knicks at the moment. It's not the content, it's the delivery and lack of empathy/perspective taking. And Mike Woodson's impact as a coach isnt going to put players like Melo and Amare in their place. Great coach coaches arent going to affect negligible talent...or did you not watch Larry Brown coach the Bobcats?

But put that aside. So now the Pacers are the benchmark of the East? If not the Heat, then them? So you can tell in August that the Knicks couldn't beat the Pacers in a series? Because last August you could tell that the Pacers were gonna be the 3rd seed? Because they've had an illustrious playoff history this past decade?

So you're saying all that Pacer success last year would've been the same without West and Granger for 1/4 of the games? Maybe a coach change? How about no West...Collisson or George Hill for the 1st round?

Where does the line get drawn between 'I think the Knicks are damned' and if they don't have as much bad luck as last year, things could be different?

But they had more bad luck this year with no Shump or Lin remember. And JR Smith is your starting SG. Nobody is saying they wont be a playoff team, or even a decent playoff team, but the 3 seed? From a team who is a perennial disappointment? And the Pacers didnt have Collison for a good portion of the season last year.

The Knicks havent gotten better AT ALL personnel wise in the offseason. Jason Kidd, and Felton and Corey Brewer did not put that team over the top....PERIOD. There is nothing wrong with being confident in your team, but being unrealistic is completely different. Im confident that the Pacers will be a high seeded playoff team in the East, because of their performance last year, and their offseason additions. But I dont expect them to supplant Miami. If you said the Knicks would be a 4-6 seed I would be right there with you, but you really expect a team that consistently disappoints to be that good.

And the Pacers havent been good for most of the last decade? They were 41-41 in 05, 44-38 in 04 and 61-21 in 03. That still counts as part of the last decade. Whens the last time the Knicks won 61 games? Oh yeah and the Pacers were in the Finals in 2000. The team is very good, and has a pretty illustrious history....but I digress

Last edited:
SPURS
okc
clips
grizz
nuggets
la
jazz
timberwolves

Knicks fans are a notriously unrealistic bunch why anyone pays the silly statements they make any mind idk

On paper Knicks look ok but it's on paper 4 or 5 seed max prolly another first round exit

and Kobe in his prime was pretty solid all around offense defense rebounding

Any bobcats fans on NT? How do y'all feel about that squad? IMO they have the makings of a team that can be a problem in a couple years if management can hold them together......I don't think there's a real shot at them sniffing the postseason this year, but 1 more solid piece in next years draft would give them a nice young core to definitely look out for

Melo is what he is, let that boy live.

Until he is the 2nd option and the 1st option is a superstar pg he wont sniff the finals. Plain & simple.

The Knicks as a whole are just cancerous to themselves. They actually remind me of Melo's old team. A lot of talent all over the place
just no type of direction.

You talking about the Hawks or the Knicks?
I'll assume Knicks cuz Hawks didn't have Woodson coaching them. As for what we did better watch the 4 games played between the two teams and that's all you really need to see when it comes to what the Knicks do better than the Pacers. Far better on defense, more consistent on offense.
I couldn't care less about an end of the season record. In the playoffs we see them 1st or 2nd round and we win in 5 games, 6 at the most.

Knicks have won ONE playoff game in the past 11 years, but all of a sudden they're going to win a series? Funny. Knicks fans stay putting the cart before the horse. For as many roster moves that have been made, there are still a ton of questions surrounding this team. I don't trust any Knicks squad to make noise as long as James Dolan is at the helm.
Yes we would beat the Pacers in a series. Laugh if you must.

Last edited:
You talking about the Hawks or the Knicks?
I'll assume Knicks cuz Hawks didn't have Woodson coaching them. As for what we did better watch the 4 games played between the two teams and that's all you really need to see when it comes to what the Knicks do better than the Pacers. Far better on defense, more consistent on offense.
I couldn't care less about an end of the season record. In the playoffs we see them 1st or 2nd round and we win in 5 games, 6 at the most.

Knicks have won ONE playoff game in the past 11 years, but all of a sudden they're going to win a series? Funny. Knicks fans stay putting the cart before the horse. For as many roster moves that have been made, there are still a ton of questions surrounding this team. I don't trust any Knicks squad to make noise as long as James Dolan is at the helm.
Yes we would beat the Pacers in a series. Laugh if you must.

but what makes you say this? they split the season series last year. The Pacers ended up with a MUCH better record, and became a deeper team in the offseason. The Knicks lost key pieces in the offseason, are a mess at the PG and SG spots....so once again what makes you say this besides "confidence in your team"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom