Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mavs starting lineup with Collison-OJ-Marion-Dirk-Kaman could go head to head with anybody in this league. Then coming off the bench with Delonte, Roddy, VC, Cunningham, Crowder, Brand and Wright they might have one of the better benches in the whole league. Delonte does seem to get a random *** injury that keeps him out like 20 games a year, but they have Collison, Mayo, Cunningham and Roddy that could all split time at point if he's out for any significant time anyway.

Chris Kaman is injury prone too and you cant rely on any rookies until we actually see them play in a regular season game.   If we're gonna rely on rookies then the Pistons should be a lock for the playoffs too with Kim English, Andre Drummond, and Kyle Singler.   If the Mavs can stay healthy and the rookies come out ballin then yeah maybe the Mavs will make the playoffs and get out of the 1st rd but its a lot of ifs with the Mavs this year.  Anything can happen though. 

The Mavs starting lineup with Collison-OJ-Marion-Dirk-Kaman could go head to head with anybody in this league. Then coming off the bench with Delonte, Roddy, VC, Cunningham, Crowder, Brand and Wright they might have one of the better benches in the whole league. Delonte does seem to get a random *** injury that keeps him out like 20 games a year, but they have Collison, Mayo, Cunningham and Roddy that could all split time at point if he's out for any significant time anyway.
As for the West and East both being locked up by the Heat and Lakers/OKC...you are sadly mistaken. The Celtics took the Heat to 7 games without basically their ENTIRE bench. Had they had Jeff Green, Jason Terry, Courtney Lee, Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Chris Wilcox and Fab Melo going against that same Heat team plus Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis I guarndamntee there would have been a different outcome. Then you have a Sixers team who just added the best big man in the conference along with the outside shooting/scoring that they were missing while they were pretty much the 3rd or 4th seed in the East for the whole season last year before they went on an awful streak of games at the end of the regular season. The additions of Bynum, J-Rich, Nick Young, Dorrell Wright, Moultrie and another season of growth for Jrue, Turner and Thad Young should make the Sixers a tough team for anybody. Then you have the Nets and Knicks who have as much talent as anybody if they prove they can play together. In the West the Spurs are being completely disregarded even though they had the best record last year, the Nuggets added Iguodala without giving up barely anything, the Clippers added a whole new bench and will have Chauncey back and the Grizzlies will have Z-Bo and Arthur back.

Almost verbatim what I alluded to in my post. (Except for the situation on the East. It's a forgone conclusion out there :lol: the champs got better and everybody else seem to be scrambling. The C's are the Heat's only competition and they have new pieces and we don't know how they'll fit. Same could be said for the Heat, but they have Lebron, Dwade, & Bosh)

The Mavs are much more formidable than they are being given credit for in these last few pages. (At least on paper, And i'm not even a mavs fan.)

Dog...the Pistons ******g suck. Let's maybe talk about them in 2015.
 The Pistons do have a shot at making the playoffs too.   You got the Heat, Celtics, Pacers, Nets, Knicks, and the 76ers.   The 7 and 8 spots are up for grabs with the Bulls, Pistons, Bucks, Cavs, and Wizards.  The Bobcats, Raptors, Hawks, and Magic are straight trash this year.   The Pistons are bad yes but they do have a 50 percent chance at making the playoffs.  My opinion anyway.   The Pistons starting 5 besides the center position average right around what the Mavs starting 5 average when you go by last years stats.  

Darren Collison 10.4 pts and 4.8 ast

Brandon Knight  12.8 pts and 3.8 ast

Oj Mayo 12.6 pts 2.6 ast 3.2 rebs

Rodney Stuckey 14.8 pts 3.8 ast 2.6 rebs

Shawn Marion 10.6 pts 2.1 ast 7.4 rebs

Tayshaun Prince 12.7 pts 2.4 ast 4.5 rebs

Dirk 21.6 pts 6.8 rebs .5 blks

Greg Monroe 15.4 pts 9.7 rebs .7 blks

Chris Kaman 13.1 pts 7.7 rebs 1.6 blks

Ben Wallace  1.4 pts 4.3 rebs .8 blks or we had Jason Maxiel 6.5 pts 5.1 rebs

So if you want to go by stats you cant say the Pistons are garbage but say the Mavs are gonna be a title contender. smh

Last edited:
Darren Collison 10.4 pts and 4.8 ast
Brandon Knight  12.8 pts and 3.8 ast

Oj Mayo 12.6 pts 2.6 ast 3.2 rebs
Rodney Stuckey 14.8 pts 3.8 ast 2.6 rebs

Shawn Marion 10.6 pts 2.1 ast 7.4 rebs
Tayshaun Prince 12.7 pts 2.4 ast 4.5 rebs

Dirk 21.6 pts 6.8 rebs .5 blks
Greg Monroe 15.4 pts 9.7 rebs .7 blks

Chris Kaman 13.1 pts 7.7 rebs 1.6 blks
Ben Wallace  1.4 pts 4.3 rebs .8 blks or we had Jason Maxiel 6.5 pts 5.1 rebs

So if you want to go by stats you cant say the Pistons are garbage but say the Mavs are gonna be a title contender. smh

theres no point in comparing Pistons to the Mavs.

Pistons have a very bright future, they are very young. thats all there is to say.

Pistons past, present, and future>>>>>>>>>the mavs

Im not even gonna comment on the Mavs, but... You're not serious, are you?
if you want to go by stats from last year I am.   I know my Pistons are bad but if people think the Mavs are gonna be a title contender this year their crazy.  That would be like me saying the Pistons have a shot at beating the Celtics or Heat in the playoffs this year.

theres no point in comparing Pistons to the Mavs.
Pistons have a very bright future, they are very young. thats all there is to say.
Pistons past, present, and future>>>>>>>>>the mavs
i agree!
laugh.gif

The Mavs starting lineup with Collison-OJ-Marion-Dirk-Kaman could go head to head with anybody in this league. Then coming off the bench with Delonte, Roddy, VC, Cunningham, Crowder, Brand and Wright they might have one of the better benches in the whole league.
:lol:. Collison lost his starting gig to a career backup who the Spurs just gave away.

Mayo has never posted a league average PER and is coming off a postseason where he shot 27%, yea, TWENTY-SEVEN. In 20 career playoff games, he's shooting 69 for 196. Also, LOL @ him trying to defend kobe or Harden.

Kaman is one of the most injury prone players in the league & is coming off a season where he shot 44% from the center position.

I'll give you Trix & Dirk tho. But that isn't even close to enough to go for a ring in this western conference.

Delonte? Injury prone Delonte?
35 year old VC who dropped 8 points on 29% shooting in the first round?
Roddy "Buckets"? A chucker at just 6 feet tall?
Cunnigham & Crowder who have never played in the league?
I'll give you EB. He's solid. But, again, this crew isn't even close to enough to go a ring in this western conference.

:lol:. Collison lost his starting gig to a career backup who the Spurs just gave away.
Mayo has never posted a league average PER and is coming off a postseason where he shot 27%, yea, TWENTY-SEVEN. In 20 career playoff games, he's shooting 69 for 196. Also, LOL @ him trying to defend kobe or Harden.
Kaman is one of the most injury prone players in the league & is coming off a season where he shot 44% from the center position.
I'll give you Trix & Dirk tho. But that isn't even close to enough to go for a ring in this western conference.
Delonte? Injury prone Delonte?
35 year old VC who dropped 8 points on 29% shooting in the first round?
Roddy "Buckets"? A chucker at just 6 feet tall?
Cunnigham & Crowder who have never played in the league?
I'll give you EB. He's solid. But, again, this crew isn't even close to enough to go a ring in this western conference.

So you bring up OJ Mayo's fall off in the playoffs but you conveniently leave out the fact that Darren Collison had the best PER on the Pacers against the Heat?

The games will be played and the Mavs will be a solid team.

So you bring up OJ Mayo's fall off in the playoffs but you conveniently leave out the fact that Darren Collison had the best PER on the Pacers against the Heat?

Oh word? Dudes like Chalmers & Norris Cole will be the caliber of PG's that he'll be facing in the Western conference playoffs this season? Chalmers wouldn't get 32 mins a game on any Western playoff team & Cole wouldn't even play.

Solid =/= championship contender, which is what the topic of this discussion is.

Last edited:
lol @ this Pistons fan.

Teague, Devin Harris, Lou Williams, Korver, Morrow, Jenkins, Josh Smith, Pachulia and Horford >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pistons

Jennings, Monta, Dunleavy, Illyasova, Gooden, Udoh, Sanders, Henson, Dalembert >>>>> Pistons

Lowry, Calderon, Derozan, Ross, Fields, Kleiza, Acy, Bargnani, Jonas >>>>>>>>>> Pistons

Kyrie, Cleveland Area Rec Center All-Stars >>> Pistons

Kemba, Gordon, Sessions, MKG, Henderson, Taylor, Mullens, Haywood, Biyombo >>>>> Pistons

Wall, Beal, Ariza, Crawford, Veseley, Nene, Seraphin, Singleton, Okafor >>>>>>>>>>> Pistons

Hinrich, Nate, Rip, Deng, Butler, Taj, Boozer, Noah >>>>>>> Pistons

You'll be better than the Magic, maybe the Bobcats and possibly the Cavs if Kyrie gets injured. That's it.

Oh word? Dudes like Chalmers & Norris Cole will be the caliber of PG's that he'll be facing in the Western conference playoffs this season? Chalmers wouldn't get 32 mins a game on any Western playoff team & Cole wouldn't even play.
Solid =/= championship contender, which is what the topic of this discussion is.

So Mario Chamlers isn't a decent defensive player?

I'm done, like I said the games will be played.

Technically they weren't contenders the year the won it so whomp whomp whomp.

Last edited:
I'm done, like I said the games will be played.

the only way the Mavs win a chip is if everyone gets lost on the way to the airport.

mavs can miss the playoffs completely :lol: stop being a homer

He's a good help defender, sure. He plays the passing lanes well. But man to man? Nah. 115th ranked isolation defender in the NBA according to Synergy. He's not the caliber (both ends of the floor included) of PGs that Collison will be going up against in May.

They had a better player at every position on the court in that season compared to this season & the top western teams this year are much better as well.

So the Mavs have taken a step back since then, while the teams at the top have taken a step forward since then.

Last edited:
He's a good help defender, sure. He plays the passing lanes well. But man to man? Nah. 115th ranked isolation defender in the NBA according to Synergy. He's not the caliber (both ends of the floor included) of PGs that Collison will be going up against in May.
They had a better player at every position on the court in that season compared to this season & the top western teams this year are much better as well.
So the Mavs have taken a step back since then, while the teams at the top have taken a step forward since then.

:lol:

See y'all in October.

One more thing outside of Westbrook and CP3 who are these magical super defensive pointguards Darren Collison is going to see?

lol @ this Pistons fan.
Teague, Devin Harris, Lou Williams, Korver, Morrow, Jenkins, Josh Smith, Pachulia and Horford >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pistons
Jennings, Monta, Dunleavy, Illyasova, Gooden, Udoh, Sanders, Henson, Dalembert >>>>> Pistons
Lowry, Calderon, Derozan, Ross, Fields, Kleiza, Acy, Bargnani, Jonas >>>>>>>>>> Pistons
Kyrie, Cleveland Area Rec Center All-Stars >>> Pistons
Kemba, Gordon, Sessions, MKG, Henderson, Taylor, Mullens, Haywood, Biyombo >>>>> Pistons
Wall, Beal, Ariza, Crawford, Veseley, Nene, Seraphin, Singleton, Okafor >>>>>>>>>>> Pistons
Hinrich, Nate, Rip, Deng, Butler, Taj, Boozer, Noah >>>>>>> Pistons
You'll be better than the Magic, maybe the Bobcats and possibly the Cavs if Kyrie gets injured. That's it.
your crazy for saying all them teams will be better then the Pistons.   smh I guess we will see this season.   

Chalmers is underrated he went off a couple times in the playoffs and he made some big baskets. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom