Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a good help defender, sure. He plays the passing lanes well. But man to man? Nah. 115th ranked isolation defender in the NBA according to Synergy. He's not the caliber (both ends of the floor included) of PGs that Collison will be going up against in May.
They had a better player at every position on the court in that season compared to this season & the top western teams this year are much better as well.
So the Mavs have taken a step back since then, while the teams at the top have taken a step forward since then.

:lol:

See y'all in October.

What's funny?

'11 Kidd > Collison

Terry > Mayo

Marion is the same

Dirk has clearly slipped & is suffering from motivation issues.

And Tyson > Kaman. No more guarding a guy like Dwight 1on1 & having a physical presence in the paint defensively.

One more thing outside of Westbrook and CP3 who are these magical super defensive pointguards Darren Collison is going to see?

We're talking about Darren Collison here. You don't need a "magical super defensive pointguard" for him. You talking like he's a 25+ ppg guy or something :lol:

And on the other end of the floor, Nash/Westbrook/Paul will do whatever they wish to do.

Oh word? Dudes like Chalmers
Chalmers is underrated he went off a couple times in the playoffs and he made some big baskets.
He doesn't compare to any the PGs that Dallas will face in May. Period.

Last edited:
anybody with chris kaman as their starting center aint going nowhere. guy is the white zach randolph and even zbo isnt the empty stat clumsy *** kaman is...

If that is how you feel PayPal Wager some money where your mouth is............

So you're betting that either the Lakers, Heat, or Thunder will win the championship next season?

Really going out on a limb there, buddy. :rolleyes

All I'm saying is there's a chance that a team like the 2011 Mavs could upset one of the big name teams. What would betting prove?

Mavs will be the surprise team in the L this year, at least on the west coast.
Book it, quote it.

they ain't going nowhere

Howard had several suitors at that point, but Bryant's prediction still stayed in the back of Kevin Durant's mind. Bryant's words eventually became reality as Howard was dealt to the Lakers from the Orlando Magic in a four-team blockbuster trade on Aug. 10. "Kobe called that a month before it happened," Durant told Yahoo! Sports while promoting his new movie "Thunderstruck." "I didn't believe him. He was just like, 'We are going to have Dwight. We are going to have Steve Nash.' He just talks a lot of trash, jokes and laughs. But he said it. I don't think anyone paid attention to it but me and him. He said it and it happened. And they got better, a lot better. "Dwight's name was being thrown on every team. Houston, Brooklyn, the Lakers. But I guess he called it right." - Yahoo! Sports

:lol: :pimp:

This dude is trying to convince me that Ron Artest is a terrible shooter, and has been a non factor on the Lakers. This all started by me saying that Kobe is the best SG in the league right now, but takes some bad shots

This dude is trying to convince me that Ron Artest is a terrible shooter, and has been a non factor on the Lakers. This all started by me saying that Kobe is the best SG in the league right now, but takes some bad shots

Ron is a meh shooter.... If he's not in shape, see first couple month of last season he's terrible.. If he's in shape he's average...

Ron is a meh shooter.... If he's not in shape, see first couple month of last season he's terrible.. If he's in shape he's average...

Absolutely, but at the very least he is a capable shooter. I wasnt trying to say he was Reggie Miller, but a few years ago he shot 40% on 153 3's, thats respectable. And the same dude is trying to convince me that the Laker bench in 2009-2010 was great when they had Odom, Adam Morrison, Luke Walton, Josh Powell, DJ Mbenga, and Shannon Brown

Absolutely, but at the very least he is a capable shooter. I wasnt trying to say he was Reggie Miller, but a few years ago he shot 40% on 153 3's, thats respectable. And the same dude is trying to convince me that the Laker bench in 2009-2010 was great when they had Odom, Adam Morrison, Luke Walton, Josh Powell, DJ Mbenga, and Shannon Brown

Same page on Ron...

I'd say the bench today is as good as the 3 finals teams..

Odom & Brown are both very good bench players (at the time at least)... Wasn't great, but it was above average because regardless of their individual talents or lack thereof, they knew what their role was, and what they needed to do..

It bothers me that people feel the need to defend the honor of their favorite players. The heated arguments about who is better than who, or how great their favorite player is, and they could never have any faults.

Any time I tell somebody that Reggie Miller is my favorite player, they always want to argue with me about Ray Allen. I'm willing to admit that Ray Allen has been great throughout his career. I usually just say that while Ray has more 3's, Reggie has more moments. But Ray has a title.....anyways, I digress.

But people go SO HARD to defend players, its terrible. Not even specifically Kobe/Bron/Jordan arguments either.

/rant

edit: Discussions are one thing, but I've seen people throw hands over their favorite players

Last edited:
It bothers me that people feel the need to defend the honor of their favorite players. The heated arguments about who is better than who, or how great their favorite player is, and they could never have any faults.
Any time I tell somebody that Reggie Miller is my favorite player, they always want to argue with me about Ray Allen. I'm willing to admit that Ray Allen has been great throughout his career. I usually just say that while Ray has more 3's, Reggie has more moments. But Ray has a title.....anyways, I digress.
But people go SO HARD to defend players, its terrible. Not even specifically Kobe/Bron/Jordan arguments either.
/rant
edit: Discussions are one thing, but I've seen people throw hands over their favorite players

That is OD. It's one thing to root for or like someone, but to fight about someone/something you don't even personally know is ignorant. Reggie or Ray ain't throwing hands for none of us.....believe that.

[quote name="solarius49"]It bothers me that people feel the need to defend the honor of their favorite players. The heated arguments about who is better than who, or how great their favorite player is, and they could never have any faults.
/rant
edit: Discussions are one thing, but I've seen people throw hands over their favorite players[/quote]Completely agree!!! Want to add something, though: people also get extra heated over someone NOT being praised too high. Yes, there are a ton of people saying "No, idiot, __________ is the greatest! Period! You disagree? Let's fight!", but there are also a ton of people saying "No, idiot, your boy is far from the greatest ever. I refuse to allow you to think so," and they don't even have a favorite.

Oh I'd just kick the crap out of some folks on here just for being the worthless waste of times that they are. Not naming any names or anything but we all know how stupid some people are on this board. And they deserve to be curb stomped just cuz.

Or maybe I'm overreacting. :lol:

Maybe not curb stomped, but those silver garbage cans to the head, those always look fun. Iono.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom