Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by DaeWing

How are the nets going to make this work?

Deron - max money
Dwight - max money
JJ - max money
Gerald - 10 Mil per year

for 4 players, they are already paying more than 70M.

their whole bench gonna be D-League players if this happens

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Courtney Fortson, Houston Rockets – $0.2 million – Unrestricted*
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Sixers traded Todd Mccalloch to the Nets right? Everything happens for a reason.

N-E-T-S NETS NETS NETS

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Buc Em

You can pretty much say I've been a Nets fan my whole life.
Except that you've been a Sixers fan since you've been around here... 
Originally Posted by chino905

They said Nets would take Hedo's contract too 
sick.gif

How the hell can the Nets afford all this?!
They can't. Even if it's just Dwight, unless Orlando signs Hump and Brook to ******ed contracts, there's no way.

They fired Otis Smith and I can't imagine a new GM wants to put his career on the line to rebuild around Brook Lopez and Kris Humphries. 
sick.gif
  Or maybe we'll find out this is why NBA teams recycle flameouts and don't hire first-timers. 
laugh.gif

The Nets are using Broussard as a puppet to keep leaning on DWill. Unless Orlando is run by a kid that won a contest tied to the Special Olympics, there's no way they can pull that off.
there is no way Hedo can be traded with Dwight without involving another team but I doubt anyone wants Hedo's contract. This would be the worst possible deal for the Magic. They would end up with 3 average players, no all stars, and 3 high first round picks.  

There's only one team with the willingness/finances/contracts to take back Hedo... It's the Mavs.

The more I read this thread the more I realize people will believe ANYTHING that gets reported, no matter how devoid of logic it is.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

The more I read this thread the more I realize people will believe ANYTHING that gets reported, no matter how devoid of logic it is.
I got sources SON!

If they can stay healthy and also keep either KMart or Reggie Evans... 
embarassed.gif

CP3/Bledsoe
Billups/Crawford
Butler/Gomes
Griffin/Odom
Jordan

The Clippers plan to offer free agent contracts to Jamal Crawford and Chauncey Billups.

Crawford, who is scheduled to visit the Clippers on Tuesday, is expected to receive a multi-year deal that starts at the mid-level exception.

Billups will reportedly receive a one-year, $4 million offer from the Clippers, sources said.

Via Broderick Turner/Los Angeles Times

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...pare_Offers_To_Crawford_Billups#ixzz1zZUNC3KD

Originally Posted by PMatic

Besides the point guards, where's the defense on that team?
IDK, but with the way it's looking out West they would be prepared to make a run regardless. If Billups doesn't go down last year they would have put up a much greater fight against the Spurs, where they had built large leads in multiple games even without him...

Billups/Butler/Odom can play solid defense and Jordan is an exceptional shot blocker

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

There's only one team with the willingness/finances/contracts to take back Hedo... It's the Mavs.

Throw Lakers on that list.. Either way it'd be a mistake for either team to do it. Unless you get Josh Smith as well who Ferry won't trade, and Josh lifted his trade request, you'll lose him in a year.

What a clown
laugh.gif

This don't make no sense though. How can the Nets pay DWill, Dwight, Wallace, JJ, AND Hedo? No cap for teams moving to a new city now? That's impossible. 

The Russian is worth billions. He won't blink at paying the salaries and luxury taxes that ensue.

Seems like the Nets would have to sign Lopez and Humphries to deals around $10-11 million each. Good luck with that.
@Jonathan_Feigan As @ESPNSteinLine mentioned last night, little chance of Dragic return to Rockets. Source: "Goran's not coming back. Just not happening."
@Jonathan_Feigan Sides so far apart on contract, meeting yesterday ended w/ thanks and good luck kind of exchange. Still, Dragic hasn't gotten that deal yet.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by DubA169

I would give drag 10 million easy

And end up stuck with the contract in a couple of years, sorta like Toronto with Jose Calderon's.

I'm a big fan of his and everyone seems to be getting crazy money anyway.

Originally Posted by franchise3

I would give drag 10 million easy

And end up stuck with the contract in a couple of years, sorta like Toronto with Jose Calderon's.

I'm a big fan of his and everyone seems to be getting crazy money anyway.

True. I'm a Goran fan, too. But 10M is too much, considering they have Lowry under contract for like 6-7M. Lowry was playing at an All-Star level last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom