OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

apparently we rejected Kidd for Kaman/Baron.
tired.gif

The only reason for it, has to be financial reasons, ie, not really wanting to take salary back down the road.

Still though, I think that trade makes the Mavs a viable threat come playoff time.

The Mavs going on a mini-run couldn't have come at a worse time... Cuban's gonna buy in and think this team is actually capable of going somewhere inthe playoffs...
smh.gif
sick.gif

Kaman is like the perfect fit alongside Dirk, too.

And at this point of the game, Kidd is not that much better than BDiddy.

The trade WOULD take us out of the 2010 picture, but I don't care man...

Baron
AW
Josh
Dirk
Kaman

Jesus Christ Cuban...

Playing for the 2010 offseason is the most ******ed plan I've EVER heard unless you're New York...

LeBron is either staying in Cleveland or going to New York... Dwyane Wade is either re-signing in Miami, or going to New York/Chicago... Chris Boshmight come to Dallas, but he'll be heavily pursued by New York, too... If Amare is traded, he'll either sign an extension there or go to NewYork with D'Antoni...

You're playing with fire if you're planning on making a splash in 2010 and you're NOT the New York Knicks...

Kidd for Baron/Kaman makes the Mavs relevant RIGHT NOW if they're both healthy...

Another Baron trade proposal that was shot down was:

Baron to Warriors for Maggete and Marcus Williams. Warriors rejected. Some dude on RealGM said he saw it on ESPN

Also Toronto rejected Andris Biedrins and Anthony Randolph for Bosh

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Another Baron trade proposal that was shot down was:

Baron to Warriors for Maggete and Marcus Williams. Warriors rejected. Some dude on RealGM said he saw it on ESPN

Also Toronto rejected Andris Biedrins and Anthony Randolph for Bosh
eek.gif

This is going to be an epic trade deadline.

Both the Clips and W's having buyer's remorse.
laugh.gif

Can't wait for the trade deadline to come, so I can start my season in NBA2k9.
laugh.gif

With all these potential blockbusters on the table I wanna see how many of them actually pan out.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

You would be rebuilding around a duo of Amare and Derrick Rose, with Luol Deng and possibly Ben Gordon. There's a possibility Amare might leave, but with Larry Hughes up in 2010, he has an incentive to stay there as well.

THAT'S who you'd be rebuilding around. Who are they really rebuilding around without the Amare deal? I don't see anything particularly special in this Bulls' future, though I'm no GM. I personally didn't say anything about giving up draft picks either... I don't think that'd be necessary if the Bulls part with both Noah and Tyrus

You're rebuilding either way. It comes to if the team decides they'd be better rebuilding around a team that includes Amare or one that includes Noah/Tyrus - and how high the Bulls actually are on Tyrus.

Amare sucks on D but overall, I believe he impacts a team more than Noah and Tyrus ever will.
deng is nothing more then a role player. he'll give you 20+points every now and then, but he isnt much more then that. and you can bet yourlife that ben gordon isnt staying unless hes getting that big $. there is a reason why he signed a 1year deal you know...and you dont build near amare. youbuild around derrick rose. that dude has crazy potential, and all you need is a legit 5 to protect the paint, and amare will not do that for you. amare notonly sucks on d, he's a liabitlity. tyrus on the other hand, hustles on both sides of the court.
and honestly, im not that sure on that mavs trade. kidds getting old and stuff, but baron chucks up so many shots it isnt even funny. and im pretty sure hiscontract is
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

deng is nothing more then a role player. he'll give you 20+points every now and then, but he isnt much more then that. and you can bet your life that ben gordon isnt staying unless hes getting that big $. there is a reason why he signed a 1year deal you know...and you dont build near amare. you build around derrick rose. that dude has crazy potential, and all you need is a legit 5 to protect the paint, and amare will not do that for you. amare not only sucks on d, he's a liabitlity. tyrus on the other hand, hustles on both sides of the court.
I see where you're coming from because Rose and Amare might not win a championship without Amare playing any D. But they'd be damn good,and if BG leaves AND Hughes contract goes in '10, they'd have room to sign another superstar for a ridiculous trio and even some room to fill out themissing spots.

Tyrus hustles on D, but I'm just not convinced that TT and Rose (taking BG and Deng out of the equation, as you did) will ever vault them as far as Amareand Rose. Add a third player to either one, and Amare and Rose and #3 is gonna be scary if they can get some role players.

Anyway, now it seems that the Suns would want Kirk Hinrich in a deal, since they say it looks like Nash is unhappy. Hinrich, Tyrus OR Noah, and a second roundpick? I think that might be close to working under the cap?

My question is, if your aging star is unhappy and might leave anyway in a year, why do you still talk about getting rid of your brigher, younger stars first!?

^you're right, they would be good. but as seen with the suns, good just doesnt cut it. the bulls would be taking a HUGE risk trading away their whole corefor amare, because everyone and their moms knows that he wants to get back to Dantonio along with nash. and how bad is larry's contract....
if i was chi, i would reject that trade instantly. the bulls have excelled with hinrich back into the rotation. well, not really, but they've won a goodamount of games
laugh.gif

but i can def agree with the whole nash thing, but both amare and nash are equally unhappy. the suns gm ftw
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If I were a Mavs fan, I'd be happy they rejected a Kidd-Baron/Kaman trade...Kaman has been injury plagued the last two seasons and Baron does nothing butchuck threes
laugh.gif

If Kirk Hinrich is involved in a trade to Phoenix, the Suns would have to give us more than just Amare and filler. Hinrich makes $10-12 mill per.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/13515062http://www.cbssports.com/...s/entry/11838893/13515062

[h2]Portland in the mix for Stoudemire[/h2]
Posted on: February 10, 2009 10:14 pm

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

The Portland Trail Blazers have made a strong play for Amare Stoudemire, discussing a package that includes LaMarcus Aldridge, Jerryd Bayless, and Raef LeFrentz's $12.7 million expiring contract, a person with direct knowledge of the talks told CBSSports.com Tuesday.

The Blazers, among the most active teams in the league as the Feb. 19 trade deadline draws near, have joined Chicago, Miami, Detroit, Toronto, Golden State, and New Jersey among a growing list of teams that have discussed acquiring Stoudemire from the Suns.

Several team executives told CBSSports.com that no clear front-runner has emerged as Suns president Steve Kerr tries to extract the best possible offer for Stoudemire, whose stock has fallen as Phoenix continues to struggle in its adjustment to a new style under coach Terry Porter. The Raptors are "pushing hard," one exec said, but at this point want to pair Stoudemire with Chris Bosh and continue to rebuff any trade proposals that include parting with the team's cornerstone. Bosh has a player option after next season and can become one of the headliners in the 2010 free-agent class.

The Blazers lost any chance of being a major player in free agency this summer when Darius Miles came out of medical retirement and joined the Memphis Grizzlies. Losing $9 million of cap space they thought they'd have, the Blazers are looking to make their splash now via the trade route. The Blazers have four extra second-round picks in the next two drafts to offer, plus the rights to British big man Joel Freeland, taken by Portland with the 30th pick in the 2006 draft. Freeland, playing for Gran Canaria of the Spanish League, is part of the discussion between the Blazers and Suns, the person with knowledge of the talks said.

Leandro or somebody else would have to be included on the Suns side to make the salaries work and all, but horrible trade for the Blazers,IMO.

Steve Kerr should have accepted already with the quickness.

Back
Top Bottom