OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

damn that would be grimey if the kings actually keep cassell
laugh.gif

Cassell still in the league ?
roll.gif
jk dude should retire already . i hateseeing him bashing the Lakers on the Boston bench
grin.gif

KINGS WIN CHAMPIONSHIP!!! They go 30-0 in the next 31 games. (One game was a forfeit from fear of aliens)

Lakers should pick him up. Then drop him right before winning their title (god willing) just to piss him off.

Me neither. I doubt Cassell will ever dress for the Kings, and the cash they're getting can't be that significant.

Maybe they're using him in another deal?

[h1]Bosh To Bulls Gaining Steam?[/h1]

[h3][/h3]

Feb 17, 2009 1:18 AM EST

Bosh_Chris_tor.jpg
While Amare Stoudemire's name is still being linked to the Chicago Bulls, the latest scenario from the Chicago Sun-Times has the talented Phoenix Sun landing north of the border with the Toronto Raptors in a three-way deal, with the Bulls landing Chris Bosh.

Gar Forman, the Bulls' director of player personnel who's expected to become general manager once John Paxson gives up day-to-day duties, reportedly has taken the lead in the talks with the Suns.

It is believed that the Bulls would give up the expiring contract of Drew Gooden, talented young forward Tyrus Thomas, and a first-round draft pick in the deal.

Via Chicago Sun-Times

Chicago Bulls, Toronto Raptors, Phoenix Suns

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h1]
Bosh rumor gains steam
[/h1][h3]Raptors forward would head to Bulls, with Gooden, Thomas to Suns[/h3]
February 17, 2009

BY BRIAN HANLEY [email protected]

The Amare Stoudemire trade talk still has the Bulls among the teams most involved, but a new scenario making the rounds has the Bulls taking part in athree-team deal that would bring Toronto Raptors star Chris Bosh to Chicago.

The rumored swap would send Stoudemire to Toronto and land the Phoenix Suns a package of players and draft picks from the Bulls, likely to include DrewGooden and his expiring $7.2 million contract, Tyrus Thomas and a first-round pick.

Gar Forman, the Bulls' director of player personnel who's expected to become general manager once John Paxson gives up day-to-day duties, reportedlyhas taken the lead in the talks with the Suns.

Other teams said to be interested in Stoudemire are Detroit, Cleveland, Sacramento, Houston and (less likely) Portland. Cavaliers GM Danny Ferry was quotedon NBA.com as saying he doubted he would make any trades by the league deadline Thursday.

Suns president Steve Kerr said last week he expects all talks to go down to the deadline.

The Suns fired first-year coach Terry Porter on Monday and replaced him with assistant Alvin Gentry. The move might signal they are leaning toward keepingStoudemire, at least until the summer, and making a playoff push. Or it might be an effort to make other teams believe that and increase their offers for thefour-time All-Star forward.

Various reports indicate the Suns have been underwhelmed by the offers they have received for Stoudemire, 26. Teams believe Phoenix has little leveragebecause it needs to shed Stoudemire's contract to get under the $71.15 million salary cap and avoid paying the luxury tax of $1 for every $1 over thelimit.

Stoudemire earns $15 million this season and is owed $16.4 million next season, with a player option worth $17.7 million in 2010-11. His agent has said theywill want a maximum contract extension of more than $100 million over five or six seasons from the team that trades for him or once he is a free agent.

The 6-10, 230-pound Bosh, also a four-time All-Star, turns 24 next month. He makes $14 million this season and $15.8 million next season, with a playeroption of $17.1 million in 2010-11.

Porter, who replaced Mike D'Antoni last summer, was unpopular with Suns players. He will be paid more than $4 million remaining on his three-yearcontract, increasing the team's red ink.

''I hired Terry because I believed he would be able to provide the balance our team needed in order to perform at a very high level,'' Kerrsaid. ''Unfortunately, the transition from last season to this one proved to be very difficult, and we have not played to our potential.

''It's imperative that we move forward and do what's best for our team. Alvin has been an integral part of our successes the previous fouryears and knows our talent as well as anyone.''

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Any update on rocket trade rumors?

Vince swirls in trade winds

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

BY AL IANNAZZONE

NorthJersey.com

STAFF WRITER

[img]http://media.northjersey.com/designimages/font-dec.gif[/img] [img]http://media.northjersey.com/designimages/font-inc.gif[/img]

HOUSTON - Vince Carter practiced at the Toyota Center on Monday. He may be calling this building home later in the week.

The Nets and Rockets have exchanged trade proposals and continue to talk, according to league sources and sources close to the Nets. One scenario has Carter and Josh Boone going to Houston for Ron Artest, Carl Landry and Luther Head.

But another Texas team remains very much alive in the Carter sweepstakes. The San Antonio Spurs' package for Carter would include Roger Mason Jr., George Hill and Bruce Bowen, the sources said. The Nets would have to make other moves to clear roster room for the additional players they take back.

Nothing is imminent at this point, but the trade deadline is Thursday. Things are expected to heat up before then.

"It's one of those things you can't control," Carter said. "They know how I feel about being here, how I'm happy here, the whole nine [yards].

"If it happens it happens. I do my job regardless."

Carter, who could play one of his last games as a Net here tonight, was the subject of numerous trade rumors over All-Star Weekend. The three Texas teams and Cleveland have shown the most interest in the Nets' best player.

General manager Kiki Vandeweghe has spoken to Carter about what's happening, an indication that something could transpire. The Nets share the same affinity for Carter as he does for them. They don't want to trade him, but if they do, it likely would be for economic reasons first.

The Nets are losing millions and Carter is guaranteed $33.6 million for the next two seasons with a $4.5 million partial guarantee for 2010-11.

Artest is in the final year of his contract. Landry, a tough second-year power forward, makes $3 million next year and has a team option for the 2010-11 season. Head, a fourth-year point guard, can be a free agent after this season.

It makes sense for the Rockets. They need another scorer with Tracy McGrady battling a knee injury. Taking Artest could be risky for the Nets because of his checkered past. But the mercurial forward wants to show he's worthy of a big payday, so he could play hard and be on his best behavior.

The Nets, who are in Dallas on Wednesday, also have spoken to the Mavericks. The Nets probably don't want to help the Mavericks, though. New Jersey owns Dallas' first-round pick in 2010 from the Jason Kidd trade and wouldn't want to lessen its value.

BRIEFS: Sean Williams was arrested Sunday by Boston College police on a charge of violating a trespass order, a university spokesman said. Williams was there for the Duke-BC game. He had "no comment" Monday. Williams, who was thrown off BC in 2007 for violating team rules, posted bond and was released. He will be arraigned later this month. … Yi Jianlian, out since Jan. 9 with a broken right pinkie, practiced for the first time and could return tonight. Yi would come off the bench, backing up rookie Ryan Anderson. … Stromile Swift, who had been away from the team for personal reasons, returned.

HOUSTON - Vince Carter practiced at the Toyota Center on Monday. He may be calling this building home later in the week.

The Nets and Rockets have exchanged trade proposals and continue to talk, according to league sources and sources close to the Nets. One scenario has Carter and Josh Boone going to Houston for Ron Artest, Carl Landry and Luther Head.

But another Texas team remains very much alive in the Carter sweepstakes. The San Antonio Spurs' package for Carter would include Roger Mason Jr., George Hill and Bruce Bowen, the sources said. The Nets would have to make other moves to clear roster room for the additional players they take back.

Nothing is imminent at this point, but the trade deadline is Thursday. Things are expected to heat up before then.

"It's one of those things you can't control," Carter said. "They know how I feel about being here, how I'm happy here, the whole nine [yards].

"If it happens it happens. I do my job regardless."

Carter, who could play one of his last games as a Net here tonight, was the subject of numerous trade rumors over All-Star Weekend. The three Texas teams and Cleveland have shown the most interest in the Nets' best player.

General manager Kiki Vandeweghe has spoken to Carter about what's happening, an indication that something could transpire. The Nets share the same affinity for Carter as he does for them. They don't want to trade him, but if they do, it likely would be for economic reasons first.

The Nets are losing millions and Carter is guaranteed $33.6 million for the next two seasons with a $4.5 million partial guarantee for 2010-11.

Artest is in the final year of his contract. Landry, a tough second-year power forward, makes $3 million next year and has a team option for the 2010-11 season. Head, a fourth-year point guard, can be a free agent after this season.

It makes sense for the Rockets. They need another scorer with Tracy McGrady battling a knee injury. Taking Artest could be risky for the Nets because of his checkered past. But the mercurial forward wants to show he's worthy of a big payday, so he could play hard and be on his best behavior.

The Nets, who are in Dallas on Wednesday, also have spoken to the Mavericks. The Nets probably don't want to help the Mavericks, though. New Jersey owns Dallas' first-round pick in 2010 from the Jason Kidd trade and wouldn't want to lessen its value

The Chicago Suns Times always be throwing out BS trade scenarios.

A 3 way deal with Amare going to TDot, Bosh to the Bulls, ok, so what does a 3rd team get out of all this?

Phx would get Drew, with his expiring contract, Tyrus, plus a 1st round draft pick.

I can live with that everyday!

Originally Posted by pkballr

Haha. Hey, under .500 teams have made it in before... lol.

not in the West, my friend.
here come all the trades that wont happen. at first it sounds fun but when they dont happen it's just annoying and kind of dissapointing..
tired.gif

i just want it to start happening already.

Stat and Neck aren't getting traded. Small trades and maybe a blockbuster that we haven't heard a word of will go down.

^Thats what im trying to say..
some of those insiders try way too hard to get a big trade story so they put in the NBA trade machine on ESPN and then they report it..

Back
Top Bottom