OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

Whats the deal with Yao ming might get traded on espn?

espn insiders can you scoop that article up?

Ehhhh not really important as the other trade talks and all but I guess this can be shared

"Pistons Trade Acker To Clippers

Detroit News - 02/16 - 3:30 AM EST (AP Photo)

The Detroit Pistons traded guard Alex Acker to the L.A. Clippers on Sunday night in a move which will help Detroit's luxury tax position, the Detroit Newsis reporting.
The two teams will swap future second-round draft picks.
The move takes the Pistons from $300,000 over the luxury tax threshold to $500,000 under."

www.realgm.com

[h2]Bulls Turning To Kaman And Camby?[/h2]
Kaman_Chris_lac_081119.jpg

Feb 16, 2009 12:08 AM EST

chi_40.gif
The Bulls continue their pursuit of AmareStoudemire, but two league executives said Sunday it appears less likely Stoudemire will become a Bull, if he is traded at all.

According to NBA sources, they also are monitoring the Clippers' situation to see if Chris Kaman or Marcus Camby can be pried loose.

Via ChicagoTribune

Chicago Bulls

Read the FullStory Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Nets: No Carter Deal Yet[/h2]
Feb 16, 2009 6:25 AM EST

njn_40.gif
The New Jersey Nets have told the NewYork Post that they are active in trade talks, but no deal has been reached just yet.

"It's certainly not from a lack of trying," said GM Kiki Vandeweghe, talking generally about making a trade.

"We still have a few days," said team president Rod Thorn. "But as of right now, we have nothing. We've talked to a bunch of teams but wehave nothing going on."

Most of the talk has surrounded around Carter, but according to the Nets nothing is close at this point.

"We have nothing going on for Vince Carter," Vandeweghe said.

Via New YorkPost

New Jersey Nets, San AntonioSpurs

[h2]Pistons Trade Acker To Clippers[/h2]
Feb 16, 2009 3:30 AM EST

det_40.gif
The Detroit Pistons traded guard AlexAcker to the L.A. Clippers on Sunday night in a move which will help Detroit's luxury tax position, the Detroit News is reporting.

The two teams will swap future second-round draft picks.

The move takes the Pistons from $300,000 over the luxury tax threshold to $500,000 under.

Via DetroitNews

Detroit Pistons, LosAngeles Clippers

Sources say Oklahoma City is going after New Orleans center Tyson Chandler, because the Hornets are looking to cut their payroll.

The Thunder could offer Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith, which would give them immediate big men help and they also have five first round picks over the next two years to offer.

I put it on my life that I was just talking to my boy about a Wilcox and Smith to New Orleans deal yesterday, just not at the expense of Tys.
ohwell.gif

Wilcox and Smith are worth about $11.5 million off the books after the season, at least. One of those draft picks has to be included, too. And maybe Weaver.
The Blazers and Bucks have reportedly discussed a Richard Jefferson and Luke Ridnour for Travis Outlaw, Sergio Rodriguez and Raef LaFrentz's expiring contract deal.
Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley has held firm to his recent pronouncement that the Suns aren't getting the player they lust for: Memphis swingman Rudy Gay.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Sources say Oklahoma City is going after New Orleans center Tyson Chandler, because the Hornets are looking to cut their payroll.

The Thunder could offer Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith, which would give them immediate big men help and they also have five first round picks over the next two years to offer.
I put it on my life that I was just talking to my boy about a Wilcox and Smith to New Orleans deal yesterday, just not at the expense of Tys.
ohwell.gif

Wilcox and Smith are worth about $11.5 million off the books after the season, at least. One of those draft picks has to be included, too. And maybe Weaver.
The Blazers and Bucks have reportedly discussed a Richard Jefferson and Luke Ridnour for Travis Outlaw, Sergio Rodriguez and Raef LaFrentz's expiring contract deal.
Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley has held firm to his recent pronouncement that the Suns aren't getting the player they lust for: Memphis swingman Rudy Gay.

PLZ lord not this guy

Blazers And Thunder Interested In Salmons

Feb 16, 2009 9:41 AM EST

The Blazers and Thunder are leading a race that includes as many as five teams who have interest in Kings swingman John Salmons.

Portland's offer would involve forward Channing Frye's expiring contract, and the Oklahoma City's offer would involve forward Joe Smith'sexpiring deal.

According to sources, the Mavericks are in the mix as well.

Via Sacramento Bee

Sacramento Kings, Portland Trail Blazers, Oklahoma City

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Wade Sign An Extension With Heat?
Feb 16, 2009 9:31 AM EST

Dwyane Wade has said that he might consider signing a contract extension with the Heat that would take him off the market in the famed summer of 2010.

Wade is eligible to sign a contract extension on July 1 that could possibly add four years and about $86 million onto his current deal.

"When the time comes and I have to sit down at the end of the season and think about it, I will," Wade said. "I'm not there yet. Who knowswhere things are going to be in two years? You focus on now."

Via Miami Herald

Miami Heat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LeBron's Favorite ASG Moment: Mariah In The MJ Shirt-Dress
Feb 16, 2009 11:18 AM EST

LeBron James was asked over the weekend what his favorite moment in All-Star game history was and he replied with a moment he watched on television instead ofin person as a participant.

"Seeing Mariah Carey in the Michael Jordan shirt-dress," he said with a grin. "Whew. I was a only senior in high school, [but] I was oldenough."

Via Cleveland Plain Dealer

Cleveland Cavaliers

Blazers Could Get In On Carter
Feb 16, 2009 11:11 AM EST

There are a few GMs who spoke with ESPN who believe that the Trail Blazers will enter, or possibily have already entered talks with the Nets for Vince Carter.

Via ESPN

Portland Trail Blazers, New Jersey Nets

Jefferson And Ridnour To Portland?
Feb 16, 2009 11:09 AM EST

The Blazers and Bucks have reportedly discussed a Richard Jefferson and Luke Ridnour for Travis Outlaw, Sergio Rodriguez and Raef LaFrentz's expiringcontract deal.

Portland is aggressively trying to use the trade asset of LaFrentz's expiring contract.

Via ESPN

Portland Trail Blazers, Milwaukee Bucks

Thunder Going After Tyson Chandler
Feb 16, 2009 11:06 AM EST

The Thunder could offer Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith, which would give them immediate big men help and they also have five first round picks over the next twoyears to offer.

Via ESPN

Oklahoma City, New Orleans Hornets

Source: New York Offering Rose For Brad Miller
Feb 16, 2009 9:54 AM EST

The Knicks are reportedly offering the Kings Malik Rose's expiring contract in a proposed deal that would send Brad Miller to New York.

A straight Rose-for-Miller deal would not work, so the Knicks would have to include another player(s) in order to get the trade approved.

Via Sacramento Bee

Sacramento Kings

San Antonio Interested In Rasheed
Feb 16, 2009 9:49 AM EST

The Spurs contacted the Nets about the availability of Vince Carter, but there have been rumors that they like Detroit's Rasheed Wallace as well.

The rumors have not been confirmed.

Via News-Herald

San Antonio Spurs

Shaq: I Don't Think You'll See Another Lockout
Feb 16, 2009 9:46 AM EST

Phoenix center Shaquille O'Neal doesn't believe that the NBA will endure another work stoppage when the current collective bargaining agreement runsout.

The CBA is scheduled to run for at least two more seasons.

"I don't think you'll see another work stoppage," said Shaq. "When it comes to labor issues, David Stern has always treated the playersfairly."

Via New York Daily News

General Basketball

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback

LeBron May Switch To No. 6
Feb 16, 2009 9:37 AM EST

LeBron James cherishes the number six, which he wore with Team USA in Beijing and still does during practices with the Cavaliers.

"It's interesting to think about. I feel like 6 is my number, too," James told the Cleveland Plain Dealer about the prospect of switching.

"If the NBA retired 23 because of Michael [Jordan] like baseball did with Jackie Robinson [42], I would definitely switch it. Maybe I would someday,we'll see," he said.

James wear No. 23 because of Jordan, his childhood hero.

Via Cleveland Plain Dealer

Cleveland Cavaliers

Suns, Bucks, Hornets Looking To Dump Salary
Feb 16, 2009 9:27 AM EST

The Suns, Bucks and Hornets are three teams that are expected to dump salary before this Thursday's trade deadline passes.

Shaquille O'Neal's $20 million salary, which Phoenix acquired last season, has put the team over the luxury tax threshold and they are shopping thecontract of Amare Stoudemire because of it.

Milwaukee could trade Richard Jefferson to a playoff contender, as he'd be easier to deal than Andrew Bogut and Michael Redd, who are suffering fromserious injuries.

New Orleans might be forced to deal Tyson Chandler, as they have $76 million tied up in salary for next season already. Peja Stojakovic, who will earn $14.2million next season, has crippled their cap situation.

Via Oklahoman

New Orleans Hornets, Phoenix Suns, Milwaukee Bucks

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

heat, thanks for keeping this thread updated daily

i HATE constantly surfing between espn and realgm etc during the day

Originally Posted by Physicx

heat, thanks for keeping this thread updated daily

i HATE constantly surfing between espn and realgm etc during the day
No problem! Anything for my fellow NTers!

For some reason, I'm having a problem editing the 1st page and the only way I can post is by quick post

John Salmons News

"There were indications Sunday that a trade involving swingman John Salmons is becoming increasingly likely, with Portland and Oklahoma City believed tobe the leaders in a group of as many as five interested teams. The Trail Blazers' offer would involve forward Channing Frye's expiring contract ($3.2million), and the Thunder's offer would involve forward Joe Smith's expiring deal ($4.8 million). According to numerous league sources, Dallas is alsoin the mix.

But while those trades could yield future draft picks, they would be done mostly to rid the Kings of Salmons' contract ($5.1 million this season and $5.4million next season with a player option worth $5.8 million for the 2010-11 season)."

wondering why on earth the kings would want rose though. veteran leadership+expiring contract?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i wonder if the heat are done.... we need a veteran pg.... to back up chalmers and take control of out bench... but i dont know who in the hell would takeblount, quinn,... maybe diawara?? wright???

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Who would the clippers get for camby/kaman?

same thing I'd like to know.
grin.gif

maybe Noah, Gooden's expiring contract and their (lottery protected) first rounder
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i wonder if the heat are done.... we need a veteran pg.... to back up chalmers and take control of out bench... but i dont know who in the hell would take blount, quinn,... maybe diawara?? wright???
we'll give you starbury. you can give us draft picks in return
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

i wonder if the heat are done.... we need a veteran pg.... to back up chalmers and take control of out bench... but i dont know who in the hell would take blount, quinn,... maybe diawara?? wright???
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
some people on the heat forum want starbury....
duhon for quinn straight up....

Amare no longer on the block according to ESPN. They're just gonna roll with the team and see how they do under Gentry.

All that hype for nada.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Amare no longer on the block according to ESPN. They're just gonna roll with the team and see how they do under Gentry.

All that hype for nada.

Tell me about it
laugh.gif

Oh well.

Good luck Suns

All that hype for nada.

I knew this was gonna happen, well i guess we can keep Tyrus now and have a lottery pick

Originally Posted by jmause3

All that hype for nada.

I knew this was gonna happen, well i guess we can keep Tyrus now and have a lottery pick

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
some people on the heat forum want starbury....
duhon for quinn straight up....
on a more serious note, i could see why the heats would want starbury. expiring contract + "veteran" leadership, feel me?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

you could have gave us marion
embarassed.gif

If Marbury can't get done we need to figure something out.....we can win with this team. But our bench just isn't good enough.
Danny better try something. I think we need one big, Baby/Powe just aren't good enough. And a guy like Steph would be perfect. Donnie Walsh just needs tolet him go and stop being a $##$.

laugh.gif
Suns better not trade Amare for any deal with JJ Hickson. That's awful.

Source: Kings agree to deal for Cassell
Comment Email Print Share
By Chad Ford
ESPN.com
Archive
The Sacramento Kings agreed in principle to a deal with the Boston Celtics on Monday night, a league source told ESPN.com. The Celtics will send Sam Casselland cash to the Kings for a future second-round pick.

Cassell
Barring any changes overnight, the deal is expected to be finalized Tuesday afternoon with the league office.

The deal helps the Celtics by removing Cassell's salary from the team's luxury-tax computations. The Kings give up virtually nothing to do it as thepick is heavily protected. Furthermore, another league source says the deal could pave the way for the Celtics to add another player to their roster prior tothe playoffs. The Celtics had a maximum of 15 players on their current roster.

Cassell hasn't played a game for the Celtics this season, but he's been an important veteran voice in the locker room. While it's unclear what theKings will do with Cassell, most likely they'll waive him.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

Back
Top Bottom