OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Man I thought Sam had retired and was an assistant coach. I had no idea dude was still on the roster.
i wonder where his permanent place in the assistant coaching ranks will be - I thought it was with Boston. George Karl, Clips, Boston?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Toronto better not trade Bosh to the Bulls.

indifferent.gif

What type of female !$#% are you on G?
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Nah no female $%$,

2010 we need Bosh in Miami
pimp.gif

Phx would get Drew, with his expiring contract, Tyrus, plus a 1st round draft pick.

I can live with that everyday!

Seymore as bad as we both want it to happen I just don't see it. The Bulls will remain intact, unfortunately
tired.gif

pimp.gif

That ain't going to happen... you should probably start preparing your heart for the departure of Wade... even if he doesn't come home tocreate the illest back court with D. Rose he's going somewhere...
nerd.gif

Toronto better not trade Bosh to the Bulls.

indifferent.gif

What type of female !$#% are you on G?
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Nah no female $%$,

pimp.gif

hmmmmmmmmmm... alright I guess I can undrestand that, although I'm not cool that scenario either

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Phx would get Drew, with his expiring contract, Tyrus, plus a 1st round draft pick.

I can live with that everyday!

Seymore as bad as we both want it to happen I just don't see it. The Bulls will remain intact, unfortunately
tired.gif

[Jessie Jackson] KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!![/Jessie Jackson]
embarassed.gif

Cavs need to make a move for one more piece, whether it's Joe Smith, Kaman or Camby we'd be better off with any of those guys.

Sacramento Kings News

"There remains the potential for the Kings to do a smaller deal as well, and sources said one such scenario exists with Minnesota. Third-year guard QuincyDouby ($1.4 million expiring contract) and veteran forward Mikki Moore ($5.8 million this season and only $2 million of $6.2 million next season guaranteed ifwaived by June 20) could go to the Timberwolves for guard Rashad McCants (expiring deal for $2.6 million). "

"The interest in the center remains lukewarm leaguewide, but sources said he remains on New York's radar. The Knicks have indicated that they areinterested in Miller or swingman John Salmons, with the potential players coming to Sacramento including Malik Rose ($7.6 million expiring contract), NateRobinson ($2 million expiring contract) and Jerome James ($6.2 million this season, player option for $6.6 million next). New York also is believed to havetold the Kings it has no intention of trading exiled guard Stephon Marbury and his $20.8 million expiring contract."

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/1629989.html

Chad Ford's five trades that should happen:
1. Raptors send Chris Bosh to the Warriors for Andris Biedrins, Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf, Marco Belinelli and a future No. 1 pick

2427.jpg

1977.jpg

View this deal in the ESPN Trade Machine

Why should the Raptors do it?
Because the writing is on the wall in Toronto. I'm not sure how the Raptors are going to keep Bosh in 2010, and, no, I don't think adding Shawn Marion really helps in the long term. This deal would give them a ton of young talent to rebuild. And the fact that much of it has an international flavor only makes it sweeter for Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo.

Why should the Warriors do it?
You don't get the chance to add an All-Star big man every day. And with Monta Ellis and Corey Maggette, the Warriors would have the building blocks to be special again. Will it happen?
The biggest question is whether the Warriors, the most dysfunctional franchise in the NBA, could keep Bosh. They would have enough talent to convince Bosh to stay, but their situation is so messed up that it's a big risk.

The second biggest question is whether the Raptors would do it. Colangelo has been pretty adamant that they won't deal Bosh at the deadline. But if they were able to get this much talent in return, he'd have to take a long look.

2. Trail Blazers send Raef LaFrentz, Sergio Rodriguez and Nicolas Batum to the Bobcats for Gerald Wallace and Sean May

1026.jpg

454.jpg

Why should the Blazers do it?
This is the perfect market for a team like Portland to pick up an excellent player without giving up much in return. Rodriguez and Batum have promise, but Wallace is the real deal. He would add the kind of toughness and versatility that could put the Blazers over the top.

Why should the Bobcats do it?
They are rebuilding this team in Larry Brown's image. This deal gives them some young talent, but more importantly some cap space. Given their recent moves, they could use it.

Will it happen?
The Blazers are in an enviable position. They have what might be the best asset in the NBA right now in LaFrentz's contract.

Sources say that they have their choice of Wallace, Richard Jefferson or Caron Butler if they're willing to send a few young players and LaFrentz's contract. Wallace, Jefferson and Butler all have their strengths, but for the Blazers' needs, I think Wallace is the best fit.

3. Knicks send David Lee, Malik Rose and Jared Jeffries to the Bulls for Tyrus Thomas and Larry Hughes.

3032.jpg

2772.jpg

Why should the Knicks do it?
It would help the Knicks tremendously in the summer of 2010. Not only would it clear the last $6 million of Jeffries' deal off the books, but it would ease the Knicks' worries about losing Lee for nothing this summer in free agency.

If Thomas were to keep developing, they could pay him in the summer of 2010 along with LeBron. If he were to struggle, they could let him go and bring in two big free agents with all of their cap room. In the meantime, Hughes would help shore up a big hole at the 2 and he too would come off the books in 2010.

Why should the Bulls do it?
Lee would bring a change in culture to the franchise. He's a double-double machine and a good locker room guy. They'd have to pay him this summer, but given the horrific financial market, it probably wouldn't cost them a fortune. It also would save them some money heading into the summer; getting Hughes off the books would clear an extra $7 million or so under the cap.

Will it happen?
Maybe. The Knicks don't want to lose Lee for nothing and they would love to move Jeffries' contract. The Bulls need a shake-up and adding Lee would help get the team back to its winning ways.

4. New Orleans Hornets send Tyson Chandler to Oklahoma City for Joe Smith, Chris Wilcox and Mouhamed Sene and the first-round pick the San Antonio Spurs owe the Thunder.

788.jpg

984.jpg

Why should the Thunder should do it?
Chandler in the middle would help complete their rebuilding process. He's the shot-blocking, rebounding machine the team has lacked since its days in Seattle.

Why should the Hornets do it?
This would be a cap-saving maneuver by the Hornets. It wouldn't make great basketball sense, but they would get a first-round pick and some veteran help for the playoffs in Joe Smith.

Will it happen?
The Thunder are looking to be active. This deal would cut into their cap space this summer but, honestly, would they really lure anyone better than Chandler in free agency?

As for the Hornets, they need to get under the luxury-tax threshold. This would accomplish that in a hurry while still providing some assets for next year.

5. Cavs trade Wally Szczerbiak to the Wizards for Antawn Jamison and Etan Thomas.

385.jpg

831.jpg

Why should the Cavs do it?
The team wants to win a title now and could use an upgrade at the 4. Adding Jamison would give the Cavs another dynamic scorer and veteran.

Why should the Wizards do it?
Because they are paying a huge amount of money for one of the worst teams in basketball. When Gilbert Arenas returns, they'll be better, but by how much? This deal would put them slightly below the cap next year.

Will it happen?
The Cavs are looking at potential Szczerbiak deals and Jamison isn't the only guy they covet. Mike Miller and Vince Carter have also been mentioned.

Chandler
Green
Durant
Weaver
Westbook

The average age of that lineup is 22, and they'd still have four first-round picks in the next two years.
sick.gif

The Warriors aren't going to give up all that to rent Bosh; it's not like that move would make them contenders, and Bosh probably wouldn't re-signthere, either.

The Szczerbiak for Jamison and Thomas deal is terrible.

the only deal i see happening up there is that new orleans deal. the knicks deal have a chance, since the bulls are crazy about trading hughes, but on theother hand, starbury not on the trading block? really now...
i hope the kings keep cassell. they cann use him.

kiddin like jason, youre on point with that sczerbiak for Jamison and Thomas thing. Thats a Gasol-to-Lakers type steal.

Quincy NEEDS to get traded ASAP. That might be his only shot at getting a 2nd contract. I dont understand why the hell he gets no PT on the bum +%% kings

If, IF.......We had to trade Vince Carter, The Landry, Head, Artest for Boone and VC would be it for me.

I will not go down quietly if we trade Hassell and VC for TMAC.

Dude is always hurt and may shut it down this year at some point in the next two weeks.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMAC better be ready to play ball here if it was to happen.

Yet the nets talk finanical decisions and have Najera signed to a pretty bad deal since his buyout will still cost the A mil or two in 2010. Also Dooling aswell but he has played well especially at the contract he has.

Simmons walks next year and may be more valuable at the deadline next year. I guess that means the talks of Swift for Mikki Moore are true.

Originally Posted by JStar25

I wonder the The Gr8 is thinking about that Bulls/Kicks idea
eyes.gif

I thought most to all of those trades were $!$%@#+ ******ed ESPECIALLY the Knicks deal. Why the $##% would we trade our best young player away to get rid ofMalik who expires this summer?

If we trade Lee i want to get some value back which although i like Tyrus we dont get equal back in return or some picks which we dont get either. Lee is anall-star this year (he shoulda been) hes dropping 16 and 12 and leads the L in double doubles. Ty is intriguing and i would love to get him but in no way doeshe match up to Lee in terms of value, and Hughes is garbage...

But at the very least the #1 thing that HAS to happen if we trade Lee is we NEED to unload Currys $!$%@#+ contract. Thats a slap in the face to Lee and theKnicks to say we would trade him away to get less talent and no draft picks AND not gain any cap for 2010 considering Rose expires before than anyway.

smh.gif
at that trade proposal. Dude must either be ******ed or a Bulls fan... or both

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Quincy NEEDS to get traded ASAP. That might be his only shot at getting a 2nd contract. I dont understand why the hell he gets no PT on the bum +%% kings
Its because Quincy is playing like a bum when he does get a decent amount of PT.

And I agree he needs a change of scenery.

The Chandler to OKC deal is in motion and is expected to be completed today according to ESPN

Originally Posted by Gregory House

Sacramento Kings News

"There remains the potential for the Kings to do a smaller deal as well, and sources said one such scenario exists with Minnesota. Third-year guard Quincy Douby ($1.4 million expiring contract) and veteran forward Mikki Moore ($5.8 million this season and only $2 million of $6.2 million next season guaranteed if waived by June 20) could go to the Timberwolves for guard Rashad McCants (expiring deal for $2.6 million). "

"The interest in the center remains lukewarm leaguewide, but sources said he remains on New York's radar. The Knicks have indicated that they are interested in Miller or swingman John Salmons, with the potential players coming to Sacramento including Malik Rose ($7.6 million expiring contract), Nate Robinson ($2 million expiring contract) and Jerome James ($6.2 million this season, player option for $6.6 million next). New York also is believed to have told the Kings it has no intention of trading exiled guard Stephon Marbury and his $20.8 million expiring contract."

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/1629989.htmlhttp://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/1629989.html

Man, Minnesota seems to be having all the build up to make a ginormous splash in free agency in the coming years. They have a bevy of draft picks and a lot oftheir vets have expiring contracts. They are quietly or loudly (depends) going to pursue someone big. I hope.

I hope Amare stays in Phoenix even though theres so much trade talk goin on about him

[h2]Sources: Done Deal as Thunder get Chandler [/h2]
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

The New Orleans Hornets and Oklahoma City Thunder have completed a deal that sends center Tyson Chandler to the Thunder, according to NBA front-officesources.

984.jpg

Chandler

Sources with knowledge of the trade parameters told ESPN.com that the deal was approved by the league office Tuesday afternoon, with the Hornets receivingforwards Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox in exchange for their best interior defender.

The deal has yet to be announced by the teams, but sources say that the Hornets will also receive the draft rights to Devon Hardin, who was selected No. 50overall by the Thunder in the 2008 draft.

The Hornets play Tuesday night against the Thunder in Oklahoma City but the players involved in the trade are not expected to participate in the game.

ESPN.com reported early Monday that the Hornets -- who have been looking to move Chandler mostly for financial reasons -- were in talks with the Thunder ona trade that would net the expiring contracts of Smith and Wilcox. Thunder general manager Sam Presti is a long-time admirer of Chandler dating to his timewith the San Antonio Spurs.

The Thunder also possess numerous draft picks to sweeten trade packages -- including five first-round picks in the next two drafts -- but Presti was able toland an accomplished center to complement his promising young trio of Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook andJeff Green without surrendering any major draftconsiderations.

With a payroll at nearly $67 million this season and scheduled to reach almost $77 million next season, New Orleans felt it had to part with Chandler beforeThursday's 3 p.m. trading deadline regardless, even though dealing away the 26-year-old almost certainly takes the Hornets out of serious playoffcontention in the West.

The Hornets were widely projected as a dark-horse title contender entering the season but hit the All-Star break as the No. 6 team in the West at 30-20after a variety of injuries and struggles to cope with raised expectations. Chandler has been bothered all season by foot troubles and is averaging just 8.8points and 8.3 rebounds, compared to 11.8 points and 11.7 rebounds last season.

With the Hornets unable to generate trade interest in PejaStojakovic and unwilling to part with either ChrisPaul or David West, New Orleans elected totake this deal to erase Chandler's $12.3 million salary next season from its payroll. Chandler has the right to become a free agent after the 2009-10season in the unlikely event that he chooses to walk away from his $13.2 million salary in 2010-11.

At the Hornets' Tuesday morning shootaround in Oklahoma City, West told the New Orleans Times Picayune that he was hoping his team would resist thetrade interest in Chandler.

"I don't know if that's somebody we can afford to lose,'' West told the newspaper. "So I'm not sold on that idea. You justdon't find a 7-foot-1 athlete like that and he's the only 7-footer we have. Especially if we're planning on making a run into the playoffs,we're going to need size to compete with Portland, San Antonio and the Lakers. I'm not sure that would help us.''

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click here.

What a deal for the Thunder
eek.gif

Westbrook
Green
Durant
Griffin(?)
Chandler

Just ain't right
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by HighRiser07

What a deal for the Thunder
eek.gif

Westbrook
Green
Durant
Griffin(?)
Chandler

Just ain't right
sick.gif
sick.gif
Unless he goes back to putting up them Boards and Blocks I don't see it. No one is going to set him up like CP3, now if he puts on some masshe'll be a problem.

Thunder/Portland are setting really nice for a few years down the road.\

Chandler is huge, they get the rebounding and defense they needed. They didn't need scoring, just a nice deal. Portland should try to deal Batum forsomeone like Caron or Wallace. There both just more scoring and would fit in good. I think if they get it done, they would just have a better shot to take theWest.

I hope Washington just doesn't deal Jamison like that, just for our sakes. That'd make them a lot tougher. Just for Wally
eek.gif

Ok I see you guys on Paul setting up Chandler nice and stuff, but here it isn't as big of a deal. He has Durant/Green/Westbrook. They'll do a lot ofscoring. He just needs to rebound and get boards. Then finish his easy chances.

Back
Top Bottom