OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

b-diddy for tmac? do it!
smile.gif

I hate Richard Jefferson, there's no way I can root for this @@+*!%% guy. Please go for Mike Miller first Ferry...

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Hinrich was awesome tonight, and has played well since his return. I don't wanna see him leave, unless it's for quality players. He's the perfect backup to D. Rose, and they play well together.

I don't want to see Hinrich go either. What we need is someone to take Ben Gordon off our hands!!!

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

Originally Posted by tmoney85

what time is the deadline? I dont wanna check espn till 5 minutes AFTER the trade deadline, im sick of the drama.
3pm ET. and 12pm PT.

sweet thanks. thats the time ill be waking up
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AssistantSupervisor81

Hinrich was awesome tonight, and has played well since his return. I don't wanna see him leave, unless it's for quality players. He's the perfect backup to D. Rose, and they play well together.

I don't want to see Hinrich go either. What we need is someone to take Ben Gordon off our hands!!!
thatd be nice.

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

Originally Posted by AssistantSupervisor81

thatd be nice.
Yall on that wet BG is nice except when dude wanna be a globetrotter.

If Sixers Deal, It Will Be For Basketball And Not Economics
Feb 19, 2009 4:24 AM EST

With many trades around this deadline expecting to be financially motivated, do not expect the Philadelphia Sixers to follow suit, Bernard Fernandez of thePhiladelphia Daily News is reporting.

"I think the economics of the league definitely is an issue," Stefanski said last night. "I think you'll see that in a lot of trades, withteams trying to do things that might not seem to make a lot of basketball sense."

"If we do something [before the trade deadline], it would only be if it made sense from a basketball perspective."

The Sixers' biggest trade chip - Andre Miller - appears likely to remain in Philadelphia.

Via Philadelphia Daily News

Philadelphia 76ers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hughes To Knicks Falls Apart
Feb 19, 2009 3:32 AM EST

The rumored deal which would have seen Larry Hughes become a member of the New York Knicks fell apart on Wednesday, K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune isreporting.

The deal was believed to involve Malik Rose and Jerome James.

After Chicago's trade with Sacramento on Wednesday, the Bulls only have 12 players. With Larry Hughes basically de-activated, the Bulls have less than thisavailable. Hughes did not attend Wednesday's game against the Bucks.

Via Chicago Tribune

New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls

Warriors Will Stand Pat
Feb 19, 2009 2:27 AM EST

At this stage the Golden State Warriors will not be making any moves after their inquiries about Amare Stoudemire and Chris Bosh went no where, the SanFrancisco Chronicle is reporting.

Warriors coach Don Nelson said before Wednesday's game that he hadn't been consulted by the front office about any possible moves - "I wouldimagine if there's something cooking, they would," said Nelson - and added that he was fine with his current roster.

"I told you before, I like the way we're moving forward, getting better," Nelson said. "We're going to keep the pedal to the metal forsome period of time here and try to keep getting better."

Via San Francisco Chronicle

Golden State Warriors

Chandler: I'm Super Shocked
Feb 19, 2009 2:06 AM EST

Just as Tyson Chandler got over the shock and disappointment of being dealt to the Thunder, he learned that he was actually going to return to the Hornets.

"This is absolutely crazy," Chandler told ESPN in a phone conversation on Wednesday night. "I'm super shocked. This is nuts."

Chandler's big toe was the reason why Oklahoma City rescinded the deal.

"I was really disappointed too when I was traded," Chandler said. "I felt like if we were healthy we had a championship team in New Orleans. ButI didn't want to sulk so I started to get excited about the new challenge in Oklahoma City. I felt I could help turn that team around."

Via ESPN

New Orleans Hornets, Oklahoma City Thunder

Blazers Demanding GSW's 2011 Pick From Nets In Carter Deal?
Feb 19, 2009 2:01 AM EST

Trade talks between the Blazers and Nets have continued into Wednesday night/Thursday morning, according to ESPN's Chad Ford.

The Blazers are reportedly insisting that the Nets include the 2011 first-round pick the Nets received from Golden State in the Marcus Williams trade in anydeal for Vince Carter.

Via ESPN

Portland Trail Blazers, New Jersey Nets

Hinrich To Minnesota Talks Fall Apart
Feb 19, 2009 1:58 AM EST

Trade talks between the Bulls and Wolves in regards to Kirk Hinrich have fallen apart, sources from both sides tell ESPN.

The Bulls weren't happy with the offering from Minnesota and believe they will be able to receive a better value for him over the summer.

Via ESPN

Chicago Bulls, Minnesota Timberwolves

Wizards May Make Move For Jeffries
Feb 19, 2009 12:38 AM EST

The Washington Wizards have interest in acquiring Jared Jeffries from the New York Knicks, an Eastern Conference official said.

Jeffries was drafted by the Wizards and was a member of the club until 2006 when he signed a contract with the Knicks as a restricted free agent.

Via Yahoo!

Washington Wizards, New York Knicks

Is it just me or does this trade deadline feel weird? It doesn't even feel like previous DLs

Originally Posted by heat23

Is it just me or does this trade deadline feel weird? It doesn't even feel like previous DLs

How so? Because teams aren't trading for talent, but for relief?

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Damn.. how is Ike Diogu still in the league?
i thought this kid was gonna be a great player
tired.gif

Same here, I always wondered how he got no PT when IND drafted him in the first round...

Come on Chicago make another move... we now have 7 guards... only can suit up 12 players 5 of our Guards can start somewhere else and only 1 is intouchable(Rose).

Rose
Hinrich
Gordon
Hughes
Salmon
Hunter
Thabo

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

That confuses me, Chandler failing his physical.

He's injured. I mean, color me stupid, but OKC had to have known he' not in peak physical condition... because... he's freaking injured.

Or do you think 'failed physical' means 'considering your injury, you're still not where you should be'?

Because if that's the case, there's no way. Chandler's in shape. I mean, he's no *insert name of really, really in shape athlete here*, but he's no Pig Miller, either.
I think there is something more to it also.

I think the Hornets wanted them to nix the trade. They took a PR beating and the players were upset....

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

That confuses me, Chandler failing his physical.

He's injured. I mean, color me stupid, but OKC had to have known he' not in peak physical condition... because... he's freaking injured.

Or do you think 'failed physical' means 'considering your injury, you're still not where you should be'?

Because if that's the case, there's no way. Chandler's in shape. I mean, he's no *insert name of really, really in shape athlete here*, but he's no Pig Miller, either.
I think there is something more to it also.

I think the Hornets wanted them to nix the trade. They took a PR beating and the players were upset....
From RealGM
Tyson Chandler has missed fourteen straight games with a sprained ankle, but the center's asthma may have played a role in his failedphysical.
The Thunder voided a trade with the Hornets that would have sent Chandler to Oklahoma City for Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox on Wednesday night.

Originally Posted by JStar25

Come on Chicago make another move... we now have 7 guards... only can suit up 12 players 5 of our Guards can start somewhere else and only 1 is intouchable (Rose).

Rose
Hinrich
Gordon
Hughes
Salmon
Hunter
Thabo
Get rid of those guys and we're good.

Chandler's failed physical has to do with the turf toe injury he suffered a couple years back when the Hornets were still in OKC...

The Thunder's current team doctor is the doctor that performed Tyson's operation back then, so he's very familiar with Tyson in thatregard... They said that toe was the first thing the doctor looked at when Tyson came in for the check-up, and he felt Tyson was very susceptible tore-injuring it and missing a massive amount of time...

Suns Still Trying To Trade Amare To Memphis
Feb 19, 2009 10:20 AM EST

The Suns and Grizzlies were still discussing an Amare Stoudemire trade on Wednesday.

Phoenix was trying to acquire Rudy Gay, Hakim Warrick, Mike Conley and a 2009 first-round pick for Stoudemire.

Memphis declined the Suns' attempts again.

Via Commercial Appeal

Phoenix Suns, Memphis Grizzlies

Chances Of Clippers' Deal: 20-30 Percent
Feb 19, 2009 10:01 AM EST

A team official believes that the chances of the Clippers swinging a deal before today's deadline stand around 20% to 30%.

"As of right now, that is not the position I'm in," said coach/general manager Mike Dunleavy. "We talked to the owner and he basically said,'Make basketball decisions.'

"Now if something comes up that we think fills both needs, that could happen. We've had a lot of opportunities to dump salaries, and we passed onthem."

Via Los Angeles Times

Los Angeles Clippers

Pacers Rejecting Numerous Offers For Foster
Feb 19, 2009 9:58 AM EST

The Nuggets and Bobcats are interested in center Jeff Foster, but the Pacers have reportedly turned down offers.

Foster, a career Pacer, signed a two-year extension before the season.

Indiana isn't interested in trading rookie Brandon Rush either.

Via Indianapolis Star

Indiana Pacers, Charlotte Bobcats, Denver Nuggets

Cuban: Mavs Will Take On Salary
Feb 19, 2009 9:53 AM EST

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is talking to teams about guard Jerry Stackhouse, and admits that he is willing to take on salary in a trade as long as it'snothing crazy.

"We're opportunistic," Cuban said. "We'll take on money. We just won't do anything crazy."

However, it is becoming more and more likely that the Mavericks will stand pat this season.

"Our approach has stayed the same," Cuban said. "We try to be the guys who were willing to pull the trigger, as opposed to hemming and hawing,but the deals weren't there. Everyone knows what they want to do at this point. It's more a question of, does someone give up or does someone get extraexcited? We'll see."

Via Dallas Morning News

Dallas Mavericks

Nets Can't Get Something Substantial For Carter?
Feb 19, 2009 9:50 AM EST

The Nets have been unable to land a substantial piece in a trade for guard Vince Carter, according to numerous general managers.

Dallas isn't willing to deal Josh Howard for Carter, while Houston won't give up Shane Battier.

Via Star-Ledger

New Jersey Nets, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets

Asthma Was Reason Chandler Trade Was Voided?
Feb 19, 2009 9:46 AM EST

Tyson Chandler has missed fourteen straight games with a sprained ankle, but the center's asthma may have played a role in his failed physical.

The Thunder voided a trade with the Hornets that would have sent Chandler to Oklahoma City for Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox on Wednesday night.

"We have to listen to the people (conducting) our medicals," general manager Sam Presti said. "We feel the right decision for us was to move inanother direction. We're disappointed it did not work out. At the same time, we look forward to having both Chris and Joe back in Thunder uniforms."

Via Oklahoman

Oklahoma City Thunder, New Jersey Nets

Bucks Want Talent In Return For Jefferson
Feb 19, 2009 9:42 AM EST

Richard Jefferson has been a hot commodity on the trade market this week, but the Bucks aren't expected to deal him unless they receive talent in return.

Milwaukee is still in the playoff hunt despite all their injuries, and that has affected their willingness to deal Jefferson.

Via Cleveland Plain Dealer

Milwaukee Bucks

Cavaliers Want Posey From Hornets?
Feb 19, 2009 9:39 AM EST

The Cavaliers have long been interested in Hornets forward James Posey, who they coveted in free agency last summer.

New Orleans has said all along that they want frontcourt depth in any trade, which is exactly what they received in the rescinded Tyson Chandler trade, butCleveland doesn't have any spare bigs to deal for Posey.

Via Cleveland Plain Dealer

Cleveland Cavaliers, New Orleans Hornets

McGrady: I'm Done; Rockets Not So Sure
Feb 19, 2009 9:35 AM EST

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey claims that no final decision has been made regarding whether or not Tracy McGrady will have a season-ending operation onhis left knee.

"We're still waiting on second opinions, and then we're going to decide which direction we're going to go," Morey said Wednesday."That was the plan originally, and that's still the plan. I just talked to his agent (Arn Tellem).

"Tracy hasn't seen the doctor who would likely perform whatever procedure he ends up doing. The decision on the next step is still to be determined.Obviously, the most important person in the decision is Tracy. We think it's best he hears all options before deciding on the final course of action."

Via San Antonio Express-News

Houston Rockets

Why would you want to keep Hinrich over Ben Gordon if youre a Bulls fan? that doesnt make sense...but with about four hours left (my time) i hope somethingimportant gets done.and as a critic of the Chandler trade, im happy it didnt go through. i think if and when he gets healthy, he'll make them better thanJoe Smith and Wilcox.

The Suns and Grizzlies were still discussing an Amare Stoudemire trade on Wednesday.

Phoenix was trying to acquire Rudy Gay, Hakim Warrick, Mike Conley and a 2009 first-round pick for Stoudemire.

Via Commercial Appeal

[memphis]
roll.gif
[/memphis]

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Via Commercial Appeal

[memphis]
roll.gif
[/memphis]
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AirWing03

Why would you want to keep Hinrich over Ben Gordon if youre a Bulls fan? that doesnt make sense...but with about four hours left (my time) i hope something important gets done.and as a critic of the Chandler trade, im happy it didnt go through. i think if and when he gets healthy, he'll make them better than Joe Smith and Wilcox.

I have been baffled about this as well... Bulls fans please explain
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom