OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

You can trade injured players, I think.

The only reason why the Clips do it is to get out of BDiddy's contract, which runs another 4 years.

Basically cleaning their hands from that 5 year $65M deal they gave him in the offseason.

^ tmacs contract > barons contract

tmac comes off the books in 2010. while, baron is in his first yr of that deal
i know clips arent going anywhere, but are they willing to take tmac just so they can get rid of baron? lesser of two evils?
laugh.gif

Word, it'll be purely financial for the Clippers.

Same reason why they wanted to trade BDiddy for Kidd. Since, Kidd's numbers comes off the books after this year.

With T-Mac, it'll come off in '10, making them a viable player come '10.

That's $23M off the books right there just by letting T-Mac walk.

I just saw on ESPN's ticker, the Cavs are looking at who? Jamison, Caron, Camby, or... some other 4th person?

I'd say the Butler would be a problem for the rest of the league. I love that dude.

Originally Posted by franchise3

You can trade injured players, I think.

The only reason why the Clips do it is to get out of BDiddy's contract, which runs another 4 years.

Basically cleaning their hands from that 5 year $65M deal they gave him in the offseason.
eek.gif

mannn i didnt now they gave him THAT longterm.

Clippers FTL
laugh.gif
smh.gif

and they got Z Bo... Clips are soooo the new Knicks, or just the Clippers, Knicks have just really overshadowed them the past 5 years
laugh.gif

Yeah man. Look at that payroll for the Clips frontcourt. It's wild. Kaman, ZBo, Camby. And yeah, Diddy's contract sucks, which is the only reasonI'm kinda leery about the Rockets potentially adding him. But then again, get while you can for damaged goods, ie, T-Mac.

And ska, Caron is a beast no doubt. I wish somehow the Rockets could land him. Give up T-Mac or something. Then you may have to think about rooting for theRockets. Your boys Artest and Butler on the same team? Definite problem.
laugh.gif

Yeah Mihm to grizzlies...supposedly to save money ala Cassell to Kings, but I wouldn't be surprised if this means Kupchak has something else planned....ormaybe Bynum is coming back earlier than expected?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

No more Michael Ruffin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$2.5 million coming off this season and cash considerations for a second round pick in four years? Steal.
Maybe it was because of the fight in practice, they shipped him away?
Maybe if it was Kobe he went at.

DJ Mbenga? I'd have to doubt that.

Chris Mihm for a 2nd rd pick or something. Check a page back.

And yeah, Ike Diogu for Ruffin earlier today.

As long as getting rid of Alston (and hopefully McGrady) is involved in a Baron Davis (or Camby) deal then I'm all for it. They better not get rid ofBattier, Artest, or Scola in a deal like that either.

i rather take davis then tmac. unless insurance is willingly to pay part of his contract, i wouldnt do it.

ah man sucks for mihm

he already expressed that he didnt want to be traded earlier this year. boy really wanted a championship.

Originally Posted by kash55

Drew is a solid player, idunno why teams keep getting rid him.

you can think of it in a good way, teams want you cuz you're a good rebounder.

The Knicks and Bulls are discussing a trade for Larry Hughes with the Knicks offering Malik Rose's expiring contract. Another player, perhaps Jerome James, would have to be sent to Chicago to make the deal work. Hughes' contract runs through the 2009-2010 season.

Nate Robinson might be included in the deal and David Lee's name has been mentioned as well. Lee's inclusion would mean Tyrus Thomas or Joakim Noah, whose game Donnie Walsh likes, would be sent to New York.

Back
Top Bottom