OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

Bobcats send Morrison to Lakers for Radmanovic

By MIKE CRANSTON, AP Sports Writer
9 minutes ago
Buzz up! 0 votes
Print

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)-The Charlotte Bobcats sent struggling forward Adam Morrison and reserve Shannon Brown to the Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday for forwardVladimir Radmanovic.

The move is the third trade the Bobcats have made this season in a roster shakeup under first-year coach Larry Brown.

Morrison was the third overall pick of the 2006 draft and managing partner Michael Jordan's first major move since buying into the Bobcats. But Morrisonhad failed to crack the starting lineup and his minutes had declined under Brown.

Morrison will give the Lakers an outside shooting threat, while the 6-foot-10 Radmanovic gives the Bobcats more depth up front.

Spurs Interested In Vince Carter?

Feb 06, 2009 11:52 PM EST

The New Jersey Nets have spoken to San Antonio, Chicago, Cleveland and, surprisingly, Torontoabout guard Vince Carter, the Newark Star-Ledger is reporting.

The Spurs are reportedly weighing up whether Carter would push them over the top in the West, but with San Antonio's salary structure being top-heavy,it's hard to see how a deal would be worked out.

laugh.gif

i pray to god vinsanity does not go to the spurs.
and
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at him going back to toronto..

Originally Posted by Physicx

The New Jersey Nets have spoken to San Antonio, Chicago, Cleveland and, surprisingly, Toronto about guard Vince Carter, the Newark Star-Ledger is reporting.

The Spurs are reportedly weighing up whether Carter would push them over the top in the West, but with San Antonio's salary structure being top-heavy, it's hard to see how a deal would be worked out.

laugh.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Not happening.

I would love to see Amare play with LBJ...or see Amare in NY but i think they are giving up alot, D-LEE is a monster he should stay...they should find someoneelse to trade for him

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I would love to see Amare play with LBJ...or see Amare in NY but i think they are giving up alot, D-LEE is a monster he should stay...they should find someone else to trade for him

david lee wont get much burn once people like amare come down. and hes not worth that 10mil he's asking for.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I would love to see Amare play with LBJ...or see Amare in NY but i think they are giving up alot, D-LEE is a monster he should stay...they should find someone else to trade for him
Keep David Lee... I also hope Donnie Walsh can get rid of Eddie Curry & Marbury before the deadlineis up...

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by Physicx

The New Jersey Nets have spoken to San Antonio, Chicago, Cleveland and, surprisingly, Toronto about guard Vince Carter, the Newark Star-Ledger is reporting.

The Spurs are reportedly weighing up whether Carter would push them over the top in the West, but with San Antonio's salary structure being top-heavy, it's hard to see how a deal would be worked out.

laugh.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Not happening.
With a joke of a team that is the Raptors right now, I welcome pretty much anything.

Nets Make Bid for Amare: Yi, Anderson and Pick?

February 7, 2009, 10:33 pm

Quoting a rival GM, Dave D'Alessandro reports the Nets have likely offered Yi Jianlian, Ryan Anderson, and one of their three first round picks in 2009-10 to the Suns for Amare Stoudemire. The GM called the Nets proposal "a quality offer" but noted other teams will make similar ones. The Nets would want Phoenix to also take Bobby Simmons but the Suns are likely to push for Stromile Swift and Jarvis Hayes.
nerd.gif

The Suns don't need to trade anyone (except probably Shaq).

Suns OWNERSHIP/MANAGEMENT/COACHING STAFF is the problem, not the players.

Robert Sarver has destroyed this franchise since he took it over.

The team has been in a free fall since failing in horrific fashion to resign Joe Johnson in summer '05.

The 04-05 Suns went 62-20 and were on a mission until Joe broke his face against Dallas in the playoffs.

What does Sarver do? Proceeds to dismantle the team.

Over the years this man has: traded away Deng, Rondo, and Rudy Fernandez, gotten rid of Quentin Richardson and Kurt Thomas, sold draft picks for stale loavesof bread, and generally penny-pinched as much as possible.

Kerr has no idea what he's doing, no idea how to run a team - he just does Sarver's bidding. Kerr hired Terry Porter because they probably play golftogether.

Congrats Suns brass! You've ruined a once proud, respected franchise.

If Amare is traded, I'm finished being a Suns fan until Sarver sells the team.

Rant OVER.

phxsuns.net fanboard about to implode itself....
laugh.gif

things were all rosey just a few years ago..
laugh.gif

Potential trades for Shaq

MAVERICKS: Jason Kidd

Why they'd do it: The Mavs want to be relevant again, and adding Shaq in the middle could help. He's having an All-Star year, and the Mavs can surround him with shooters. Although Kidd has played well, he's not the player he was, and Jason Terry could take over in his stead.

The Suns would be getting $21 million of cap room. And how would they handle the awkward situation of having both Kidd and Nash again? Probably by waiving Kidd.

Why they wouldn't: Mark Cuban's pockets aren't as deep as they used to be. Adding Shaq would cost him roughly $40 million next year after factoring in the luxury tax hit. That's a lot of cash.
Come on, ESPN.com ... You're better than that...
laugh.gif

I imagine Mark Cuban would do it if he was convinced Phoenix would waive Jason Kidd and dump Shaq strictly for salary cap purposes... But I just can'timagine Phoenix trades Shaq or Amare in a salary dump...
smh.gif

knicks must keep lee. lee and amare in the front court
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
. do w.e you can to get amare walsh, but dont trade lee/gallo/wilson/duhon.

Just thought it was worth mentioning...

I kinda wonder whether Jason Terry's broken hand will push the Mavs towards taking a more serious look at adding something before the deadline...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Just thought it was worth mentioning...

I kinda wonder whether Jason Terry's broken hand will push the Mavs towards taking a more serious look at adding something before the deadline...
I was thinking the same thing. Most likely the Mavs will trade for someone since they are always open to trades.

SPURS INTERESTED IN MILLER AND/OR SALMONS FROM KINGS

John Salmons or Brad Miller may very well never play for the San Antonio Spurs, but the mere possibility of how one or the other could get there is worthrevealing because of the other name involved.

Robert Horry.

According to a source close to the Spurs, San Antonio has interest in Salmons or Miller and the only way of landing one of them may be by way of the man whoso many Kings fans despise. Horry the Kings-killer isnot playing and has shown no signs of coming out ofretirement, but he may be the only way San Antonio can land Salmons or Miller. The Spurs, according to the source, are considering whichplayer helps them more and trying to figure out what it would take to bring one of them on board. The big three of Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parkerare obviously untouchable, and there aren't a whole lot of intriguingor attractive players or contracts beyond that.

Enter Horry, who would re-sign with San Antonio for this season only in a deal worth (insert necessary $ figure here) and then be traded. He would then bewaived by the Kings while chuckling on his way out the door with a huge check in hand, with the Kings also possibly taking back Michael Finley (expiring dealworth $2.5 million) and getting out from underneath a contract (Salmons or Miller) they no longer see as part of the big picture plan. Because Horry playedlast season, I believe it's within the post-retirement timeframe that this sort of deal would still be allowed by the league. The part where this likelyfalls apart - if it's ever discussed at all - is the Kings wanting more.

San Antonio doesn't have a first-round pick this year, although they could give up second-round picks for 2009 and/or a future first-rounder. Nowbecause Salmons' deal is worth $5.4 next year (with a player option for 2010-11 worth $5.
glasses.gif
and Miller's expires next year at $12.2 million, it isobviously easier to get to Salmons' number (or within the collective bargaining agreement-mandated 125 percent). The Spurs are just one a number of teamslooking at the Kings' roster and pondering the possibilities, but the context and history surrounding this one would make this move far more comical thanthe rest. - Sam Amick

i always hated the spurs, and ill hate them even more if they make this deal. STEVE KERR TO THE SPURS!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[h2]Are The Hornets InFinancial Trouble?[/h2]
Feb 07, 2009 6:35 PM EST

noh_40.gif
Hornets centerTyson Chandler has been mentioned in trade rumors, and a source told CBS Sports that the team is likely to shed some of their long-term salaries.

"They're gonna dump somebody because they're broke," one rival execsaid.

Chandler's name has been linked to the Heat, in a trade involving Shawn Marion, which would make sense for the Hornets because ofMarion's expiring contract.

New Orleans is under the luxury tax threshold, but are considered to be over-budget and could look to move Chandler, Peja Stojakovic,Morris Peterson or even James Posey.

Via CBS Sports

New Orleans Hornets

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

man this trade deadline has the potential to be VERY ENTERTAINING!!!! Cant wait!
Mavs, Suns, Heat just can't stay pat!!

i know donnie's gonnna try to make a move, but all of the ppl we would want moved, are virtually immovable

i'd like to see a nate to dallas deal now that jet is out

Originally Posted by tupac003

[h2]Are The Hornets In Financial Trouble?[/h2]
Feb 07, 2009 6:35 PM EST

noh_40.gif
Hornets center Tyson Chandler has been mentioned in trade rumors, and a source told CBS Sports that the team is likely to shed some of their long-term salaries.

"They're gonna dump somebody because they're broke," one rival exec said.

Chandler's name has been linked to the Heat, in a trade involving Shawn Marion, which would make sense for the Hornets because of Marion's expiring contract.

New Orleans is under the luxury tax threshold, but are considered to be over-budget and could look to move Chandler, Peja Stojakovic, Morris Peterson or even James Posey.

Via CBS Sports

New Orleans Hornets

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

420364a33d85f24ad49c0696eb0ffb68c79a4727.gif

Back
Top Bottom