OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Just thought it was worth mentioning...

I kinda wonder whether Jason Terry's broken hand will push the Mavs towards taking a more serious look at adding something before the deadline...
Salmons.

Stack Bass and whoever else it takes.

Our SG is out, not our PG.
sick.gif

How about Caron Butler? He's been in rumors, Josh+Bass+Stack for Caron and filler? Or Josh+Bass?

Originally Posted by MeloVP

i know donnie's gonnna try to make a move, but all of the ppl we would want moved, are virtually immovable

i'd like to see a nate to dallas deal now that jet is out

give them starbury
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

if the spurs can get a quality player, they could be very dangerous

and robert horry about to get paid, (word to KVH) lol

New Orleans is under the luxury tax threshold, but are considered to be over-budget and could look to move Chandler, Peja Stojakovic, Morris Peterson or even James Posey.
50dde86cbe4dadfb9d85a96a8a807454-getty-83005088lm018_raptors_hornets.jpg
Can we all just admit I was right?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

New Orleans is under the luxury tax threshold, but are considered to be over-budget and could look to move Chandler, Peja Stojakovic, Morris Peterson or even James Posey.
Can we all just admit I was right?

laugh.gif
I'll never admit you're right.

He's actually having a better statistical year, BUT, I agree that he's not living up to the hype, but he still has a chance in the Playoffs.

Yeah, Posey was signed for the playoff push, not regular season contributions... So you gotta hold off until May...

And JA, I'd be all for Salmons... It'd definitely fill the void at SG... God we'd be thin inside again if we traded Bass, though...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Yeah, Posey was signed for the playoff push, not regular season contributions... So you gotta hold off until May...

And JA, I'd be all for Salmons... It'd definitely fill the void at SG... God we'd be thin inside again if we traded Bass, though...
What about if we made a big push, and sent Josh Howard as well? You think we could get Salmons, Francisco and one of their young bigs?(Hawes/Thompson).

Also Nowitness, Terry said he thinks he'd be out three weeks. Mike Fisher has an article on his site about it.

I do NOT want to get rid of Bass...im open to trade josh and stack, but thats about it........this just means my dude G-Money will get time
pimp.gif

[h2]Warriors 'Very Active' In Pursuit Of Amare[/h2]
Stoudemire_Amare_phx_090121.jpg

Feb 09, 2009 9:07 AM EST

gsw_40.gif
The Warriors are intent on pursuing Sunsforward Amare Stoudemire, who appears likely to change addresses before the Feb. 19 trade deadline passes.

"They've gotten very active with the Stoudemire stuff," said one NBA source of Golden State.

If the Warriors aren't able to land Stoudemire, sources also claim that they'll try to get involved with another young big man.

Via MercuryNews

Golden State Warriors, PhoenixSuns

Read the FullStory Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Suns Intrigued By Tyrus Thomas?[/h2]
Feb 09, 2009 6:42 AM EST

phx_40.gif
The Phoenix Suns appear intrigued byyoung Bulls forward Tyrus Thomas, and his recent play makes him a candidate to be included in any deal which could land Amare Stoudemire in Chicago, theChicago Tribune is reporting.

During the Bulls most recent road trip, Thomas averaged 14.7 points, 9.7 rebounds and 1.85 blocks with five double-doubles and missed a sixth by onerebound.

"Tyrus has put in a lot of extra work," Del Negro said. "His effort has been good. He's putting up better numbers. He's so athleticand can block shots and get out in the open court. I think he's more comfortable with what we're doing at both ends."

Via ChicagoTribune

Phoenix Suns, ChicagoBulls

[h2]Stoudemire Would Welcome Trade To Detroit[/h2]
Feb 09, 2009 11:22 AM EST

det_40.gif
Amar'e Stoudemire told Don Shane ofWXYZ that being traded to Detroit is something he would welcome and that Phoenix's interest in trading him has to do with financial issues.

"It would be phenomenal," said Stoudemire about joining the Pistons. "I think the fans here have been probably the top fans in the worldsince I've been in the NBA. They're always cheering their team on and every time we come here, their always loud and rowdy, so it would be fun to playhere."

ViaWXYZ.com

Detroit Pistons, PhoenixSuns

I think Bosh is Donnie and Mikes big man target.

We'll see what happens with Lee, but I would be doubtful of a deal with the Suns.

If the Spurs could somehow work a deal to get Rasheed, I think that will put them the team to beat. After seeing what Bonner did to the Celtics, having Sheedand Duncan will be scary for the league.

[h2]Stoudemire to Bulls Update
[/h2]As we all know, the Bulls and Suns have had lengthy discussions about a possible trade that would send All Star big man Amare Stoudemire to Chicago. The Bulls are very much in the running to land Stoudemire, as GM John Paxson is willing to package just about any deal mutliple players involved to get him, except for Derrick Rose of course. One scenario that is very possible and has been discussed the most would be a deal that would send Drew Gooden, Tyus Thomas, Thabo Sefoloshia and a 1st round pick to the Suns in exchange for Stoudemire. However, Steve Kerr would like Joakim Noah added to the deal as well. Phoenix will continue to talk with other teams to see if they can either find a better deal, or wait and see if the Bulls will add Noah to the trade. The Bulls want Stoudemire so much, that adding Noah may just happen. Even then, the ball will still be in the Suns court as they have multiple teams to work with and several deals to weigh out, the highest bidder will win.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

One scenario that is very possible and has been discussed the most would be a deal that would send Drew Gooden, Tyus Thomas, Thabo Sefoloshia and a 1st round pick to the Suns in exchange for Stoudemire. However, Steve Kerr would like Joakim Noah added to the deal as well. Phoenix will continue to talk with other teams to see if they can either find a better deal, or wait and see if the Bulls will add Noah to the trade. The Bulls want Stoudemire so much, that adding Noah may just happen.

This is a good deal, and I wouldn't hesitate to add Noah if I needed to. Tyrus is the young big man that the Suns want, Gooden is the largeexpiring contract, and Sefolosha is a decent way to round things out. I don't think Noah's gonna be that great, so I'd add him if the Sunswouldn't have any other way.

Tyrus is not gonna be as good as Amare, clearly, but maybe the Suns don't know this. Or maybe they just need him to look spectacular enough as Amare tofill some seats.

D Wade, Deng, and Amare would be pretty dynamic. I think Larry Hughes' contract is up in 2010
eek.gif

I wont bother following any trade news involving the Bulls until a trade actually happens. How many times in the past 5 years have we hard about Bulls traderumors that were close to a "done deal" but broke down at the last second?

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

^way to leave rose out of the equation, haha.
Oh man I meant to type D Rose
laugh.gif

D Rose, Deng, and Amare would be a dynamic combination.

They can afford to lose Noah and Tyrus to get that.

D Wade... that's another story
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I wont bother following any trade news involving the Bulls until a trade actually happens. How many times in the past 5 years have we hard about Bulls trade rumors that were close to a "done deal" but broke down at the last second?
Coming from a Knicks fan, you are 100% correct.

I'll never get over the Kobe deal. I was 85% sure that he was coming here....which is 80% more than I usually give.

Honestly, Pax better be 100% sure that he can re-sign Amare. And I still want D-Wade in '10....so this better not interfere with that.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

[h2]Stoudemire to Bulls Update
[/h2]As we all know, the Bulls and Suns have had lengthy discussions about a possible trade that would send All Star big man Amare Stoudemire to Chicago. The Bulls are very much in the running to land Stoudemire, as GM John Paxson is willing to package just about any deal mutliple players involved to get him, except for Derrick Rose of course. One scenario that is very possible and has been discussed the most would be a deal that would send Drew Gooden, Tyus Thomas, Thabo Sefoloshia and a 1st round pick to the Suns in exchange for Stoudemire. However, Steve Kerr would like Joakim Noah added to the deal as well. Phoenix will continue to talk with other teams to see if they can either find a better deal, or wait and see if the Bulls will add Noah to the trade. The Bulls want Stoudemire so much, that adding Noah may just happen. Even then, the ball will still be in the Suns court as they have multiple teams to work with and several deals to weigh out, the highest bidder will win.

I hope the Bulls don't mess this up like the Kobe trade

Man I'm tired of people throwing Bass in in every trade proposal for the Mavs.

If John Salmons gets traded for something small and doesn't come to the Mavs I'll lose my mind.

ok 3-4 players and a pick for 1 guy, chicago please dont do this to me and also if your going to make a deal actually do it, ugh im still mad at the kobe rumorfrom last year that messed up our year

I seriously hope we (bulls) can get Stoudamire without giving up Tyrus! Tyrus is the only guy on the bulls who gives it 100 percent on Defense! the last coupleof months he is leading the league in blocks. Id try to package a deal that would send... Gooden, Noah, Gordon and a couple of 1st rounders.

Back
Top Bottom