Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Hurt's your credit score every time there's an inquiry on you (like when you first applied) and especially if you cancel a credit card.

Assuming you're still in college and looking to build credit it's probably best to keep the card, now that you signed up for it, and just make sure you maintain a 0 balance at the end of the month. APR on these store credit cards are terrible, probably >20%

Just my 2 cents. Totally not sneaker related but there's more important things to worry about

Welp lol that backfired.

You don't need to actually accept the credit card. Even if you apply for it and they approve you, you can still deny it. And you still get the 15% off. That doesn't affect your credit score.

You don't need to actually accept the credit card. Even if you apply for it and they approve you, you can still deny it. And you still get the 15% off. That doesn't affect your credit score.
Ain't hijacking the thread, but applying already agrees to terms/conditions, aka the card IS indeed open and closing it WILL hurt your credit score if you close it. Nice pair of shoes though

Last edited:
Ain't hijacking the thread, but applying already agrees to terms/conditions, aka the card IS indeed open and closing it WILL hurt your credit score if you close it. Nice pair of shoes though

The person I talked to at jcrew informed me that I can call and deny the card prior to it being issued. There is a 3 day period. Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

^^^what he said. Even applying puts a hit on your record showing you applied for it. It is like applying for a loan and not taking it. Even applying for some car insurance quotes have the same effect from what I have read.

Well if he knows what he's doing then just leave it be. We all just trynna look out for each other

In other news, customs should be getting dropped off today so hopefully the mesh issue is fixed. ebates has 12% cash back right now so definitely going to order another pair if everything looks good with this one. Probably the best deal you're gonna get considering none of the coupon codes work with the NB1 orders

Last edited:
^^^what he said. Even applying puts a hit on your record showing you applied for it. It is like applying for a loan and not taking it. Even applying for some car insurance quotes have the same effect from what I have read.

Agreed. It's called a hard inquiry. If they run your credit report it takes you down a notch. You get a card and then cancel it it takes you down a notch again.

Either way there is nothing wrong with keeping the card and not using it.. It will raise your total credit limit making your debt-to-credit ratio better which is actually good for a college student who will need credit and credit history going forward  .. So you're better not cancelling it

Big footers better try and run after these!

Perf suede option gone from the custom 998's?

I don't see it anymore on that first screen.

Perf suede option gone from the custom 998's?

I don't see it anymore on that first screen.
Someone above said they were having QC problems with the perf. suede option as well, and it was taken down until the issue is resolved. That or it sold out...

Back
Top Bottom