Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

swaynomics930 swaynomics930

If it helps. I used some of the colors you're trying to use.

Remind me of bacon 90's. Good execution.

Just pulled the trigger on these two. First pair has my sons name then bday on the back and the pink has my daughters. Can't beat the price. Returning a poor quality pair of Jordan 13 cherrys to soften the blow. Midsole options definitely limit things but still happy with both pairs.

Does anyone here own the 990V4s?  I know these are huge in Philly and DMV area but other than a really old grandpa I've never seen anyone rock these on feet before and pull it off. The more and more I see pics of the shoe the more I appreciate them but they're still super ugly grandpa shoes that are still kinda fly at the same time. I'm pretty torn, lol.

Originally Posted by 16nason  ​

Just pulled the trigger on these two. First pair has my sons name then bday on the back and the pink has my daughters. Can't beat the price. Returning a poor quality pair of Jordan 13 cherrys to soften the blow. Midsole options definitely limit things but still happy with both pairs.​
Nice! Looking forward to seeing how these flavors turn out. 
nthat.gif
 ​
 ​
 ​
Originally Posted by moshepark  ​
Does anyone here own the 990V4s?  I know these are huge in Philly and DMV area but other than a really old grandpa I've never seen anyone rock these on feet before and pull it off. The more and more I see pics of the shoe the more I appreciate them but they're still super ugly grandpa shoes that are still kinda fly at the same time. I'm pretty torn, lol.​
They can be pulled off. Just have to have the right threads yahmean' 
glasses.gif
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Last edited:

​
They can be pulled off. Just have to have the right threads yahmean' 
glasses.gif
 ​
Repped and thank you, sir! 

I've seen that pic of the 990SR4 fit pic (I posted that before) but haven't seen these others. I really wanna pull the trigger but I'm trying to be smart about sneaker funds with more Concepts and other collabs dropping on the horizon along with the potential for NB to drop GR gems as well. 

So, a few questions for you guys.

Does anyone in here have the "Bespoke Authors" ? (I think that's the name. One is like a dark burgandy with like red edges of leather and the other is like tan and they have yellow edges of leather). I was wondering if anyone could give a little review. They are like 120-ish on eBay.

Also, the Pewter colored Horween 997s on Oneness would end up being like 193 shipped, and the tan Horween 998s are like 203 shipped. Will it be possible to see lower prices for those in the future?

Any info or thoughts is greatly appreciated. Thanks on advance.

Does anyone in here have the "Bespoke Authors" ? (I think that's the name. One is like a dark burgandy with like red edges of leather and the other is like tan and they have yellow edges of leather). I was wondering if anyone could give a little review. They are like 120-ish on eBay.

Also, the Pewter colored Horween 997s on Oneness would end up being like 193 shipped, and the tan Horween 998s are like 203 shipped. Will it be possible to see lower prices for those in the future?

They're 120$ on eBay because they landed at Marshall's location about 2 months ago for like $40 bucks not too sure if they're Factory Seconds, but folks are trying to make a lil come up on them. If NB1 didn't drop the Perf Toe option I would've grabbed the red pair.​

Not sure what youre talking about but I am assuming you mean the first 998 Horweens. Dont own either of those.

As for the 997s, you should cop. That is a great price and its doubtful you will see lower anytime soon. I am regretting not copping my size off oneness when I had the chance and now it is gone. 200 for a pair of 997 Horweens is a great deal.

They're 120$ on eBay because they landed at Marshall's location about 2 months ago for like $40 bucks not too sure if they're Factory Seconds, but folks are trying to make a lil come up on them. If NB1 didn't drop the Perf Toe option I would've grabbed the red pair.​
They are 2nds, I got a pair from the outlets for around that same low price. I've looked my pair up and down and the "defect" appears to be not on the outside of the shoe but inside under the footbed liner there seems to be some glue marks. Really nothing defective at all I have worn mine plenty and the fit and feel is just as a good as all my other 998's. I have the top pair and the leather quality is def 1st quality, no grainy lines or toe dents. 

Indeed those are the ones. That's what I figured. I heard they were at Ross. I just wish they would make it to a Ross by me, or they would put in an outlet lol.

Not sure what youre talking about but I am assuming you mean the first 998 Horweens. Dont own either of those.

As for the 997s, you should cop. That is a great price and its doubtful you will see lower anytime soon. I am regretting not copping my size off oneness when I had the chance and now it is gone. 200 for a pair of 997 Horweens is a great deal.

Ok. Thanks. Are they TTS?

They are 2nds, I got a pair from the outlets for around that same low price. I've looked my pair up and down and the "defect" appears to be not on the outside of the shoe but inside under the footbed liner there seems to be some glue marks. Really nothing defective at all I have worn mine plenty and the fit and feel is just as a good as all my other 998's. I have the top pair and the leather quality is def 1st quality, no grainy lines or toe dents. 

Thanks for the info. Reps to you guys

Indeed those are the ones. That's what I figured. I heard they were at Ross. I just wish they would make it to a Ross by me, or they would put in an outlet lol.
Ok. Thanks. Are they TTS?
Thanks for the info. Reps to you guys

I think these sat because NB priced them at $400 and people scoffed at that price. Also the shape wasnt the best. Also sometimes factory seconds are actually not factory seconds either but leftover stock that sat on shelves. I think $120 is a great deal for these if you want them.

As for these, I cant speak to sizing but I assume they fit like normal 997s like my Navy Horween 997s did.

Last edited:

Yessir!
nthat.gif
The NB1 program usually will have it at your front door by 7 - 14 days.
Wow, that's what's up. They're putting Nike to shame out here. Ordered my wife a pair of AM90s last week and they wont be here until 6/4! I live 10 minutes outside of Boston I wonder if that'll speed up the process by a day or two, either way 1-2 weeks is a helluva turnaround.

Wow, that's what's up. They're putting Nike to shame out here. Ordered my wife a pair of AM90s last week and they wont be here until 6/4! I live 10 minutes outside of Boston I wonder if that'll speed up the process by a day or two, either way 1-2 weeks is a helluva turnaround.
Only time they have taken a full week to get to me was when the 998 option first became available. Every pair after that has been on my front porch in like 4 or 5 days.

I think these sat because NB priced them at $400 and people scoffed at that price. Also the shape wasnt the best. Also sometimes factory seconds are actually not factory seconds either but leftover stock that sat on shelves. I think $120 is a great deal for these if you want them.

As for these, I cant speak to sizing but I assume they fit like normal 997s like my Navy Horween 997s did.

Yeah, 400 is kinda steep. I don't own any 997s yet so that's why I was curious about the sizing.

Yeah, 400 is kinda steep. I don't own any 997s yet so that's why I was curious about the sizing.
It really depends on your feet and no one can tell you for sure. If you go TTS you will be safe, if you go half-size down (as is recommended for 998s) then it could be snug. I personally wear the same size in both 997 and 998 (which is different from my "TTS"). 

Also, TTS is a really subjective term that's different for everyone. Most people are actually referring to their standard Nike sizing when they refer to TTS but Nike shoes overall tend to run narrow to begin with. Your best bet is to try them on if you really want the best fit.

But from my personal experience, you should be fine going "TTS" or .5 down in 997s.

Back
Top Bottom