Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Not at all. Call a spade a spade...doing it on NT’s “other brands” forum probably won’t make much of a dent in your quest against joe “Grundle” and his team of NB-brand killers.

obviously we’d love a product release schedule, or clarity on when something is coming but again, these brands don’t have to give a crap about their consumers, or they can...honestly there are MUCH more important things going on in this world to be upset about than NB’s 992 release plans or the glue stains on them. Also, last year I probably bought 40 pairs and 39 of them were NB. I didn’t have the QC issues you speak of but if you did, I hope you take that energy and express it to someone who can actually fix it for you.

case in point, the nbgallery guys worked closely w Flimby designers to fix the shape issues on the UK models a few years ago. It isn’t a perfect science but it made a difference actually going to someone who can hear you yelling.

According to Grundleini they have addressed the issue. But I haven't heard anything! I have actually went down legitimate paths, doesn't work. Also a quest? Naw I just like to **** on the guy because the article with him and RF was funny. Wouldn't be suprised if there relationship is bigger than sneakers :wink:. I know there are bigger things that sneakers, not really what my point has been. But I guess you missed that!

Your case and point was because NB contractors worked with NB. I am neither so can't really compare me too Thomas. Quality has been an issue, here and FB groups. So not sure how 98% of your pairs have had no quality issues.

Last edited:
2020 has been whack. They really can't seem to push the hyped shoes with quality or in quantity. RF releases have been having QC issues in production, so has the 990 & 992, 850 was complete flop, X racers needed a cosign to push pairs(rats), NB is practically giving away pairs, SR also had a ton of QC issues, communication has been a joke, articles on websites are always to push old GR's. The 327s are absolutely hideous, hence appearance in fashion week.

NB is taking L's all over the place. About time for gundlini and his team to speak up about the production and communication issues.
i mean, it’s been 2020 for a month. i think we should check back in at least the 6 month mark to see what our beloved brand has done for us.

i still like my NVI 850’s because of the retro style & clean cw. I probably would value them at $70 though instead of the $120 retail but I appreciate that there was large enough stock that anyone who wanted them could buy.

Would you say they're somewhat comfortable?

Or are they like Jordan level comfort? lol

-Drew

Just want to understand the hate on the 850. Is it the comfort, quality, qc?

I personally like the 850s and the design of the shoe. just really hate how they aren’t comfortable at all. if the prices were a lot lower, I would for sure buy more pairs but am content with just one

It’s incredibly basic cushioning with roller bar. So unless you have pronation issues it will make it less comfortable. That with the quality and price point is no bueno. Oh and the laces.

It’s incredibly basic cushioning with roller bar. So unless you have pronation issues it will make it less comfortable. That with the quality and price point is no bueno. Oh and the laces.

So if I overpronate, it should be a good shoe for me?

-Drew

Would you say they're somewhat comfortable?

Or are they like Jordan level comfort? lol

-Drew
I wear 990’s the most so the comfort difference is night & day but I’d say the 850’s are a step below from 997’s.

I’ve never owned any Jordan’s but the cushioning on these is a bit stiff.

30% off at oneness boutique with code 2020 for lunar new year...was at 20% yesterday. don't know if it'll go any lower, it went to 40% for regular new year though

2020 has been whack. They really can't seem to push the hyped shoes with quality or in quantity. RF releases have been having QC issues in production, so has the 990 & 992, 850 was complete flop, X racers needed a cosign to push pairs(rats), NB is practically giving away pairs, SR also had a ton of QC issues, communication has been a joke, articles on websites are always to push old GR's. The 327s are absolutely hideous, hence appearance in fashion week.

NB is taking L's all over the place. About time for gundlini and his team to speak up about the production and communication issues.
The whole X racers were a huge swing and a miss. Which adds to their long list of failures for new models. At one point it was like 1000 pts on NB for a free pair of x racers.....
Wasn't that high either. Seeing as Xracers have hit under 25 at outlets. Personally I just use MIUSA for beaters, can find them regularly at outlets for the low. No reason to spend more money on a shoe that will see a V2 in 6 months or will be discontinued. Also I'm probably gonna get hit with some comments about negativity from the **** riders. Reason I put the spotlight on how ****ty it has been is because it really has been. I also know ALOT of corporate employees lurk and its time for them to come out and address concerns regarding QC and communication.
Coming from an over sensitive hypebeast. You tack me as everyone gets a participation trophy type.....
So only positive comments and don't call them out on their bull****!
You know what your right, ill fix it. Your an overly sensitive **** rider :tongue:
Posted on a facebook groups bud. Boutique emailed everyone from the release. Similiar thing happened with SR, thats the reason why they release multiple times randomly and why they are nearly below retail on stockx yet are sold out....
According to Grundleini they have addressed the issue. But I haven't heard anything! I have actually went down legitimate paths, doesn't work. Also a quest? Naw I just like to **** on the guy because the article with him and RF was funny. Wouldn't be suprised if there relationship is bigger than sneakers :wink:. I know there are bigger things that sneakers, not really what my point has been. But I guess you missed that!

Your case and point was because NB contractors worked with NB. I am neither so can't really compare me too Thomas. Quality has been an issue, here and FB groups. So not sure how 98% of your pairs have had no quality issues.

This is confirmation that you’re absolutely miserable. You come across like a bitter ex-girlfriend /ex-employee.

Honest question- who hurt you? Did someone in NB corporate fire you? If you act like this in the real world, you must be an absolute joy to deal with.

It sounds like you should just move on from NB. You clearly can’t stand their product, employees and PR direction. Why continue wasting your time spewing nonstop negativity? Life’s too short.

This is confirmation that you’re absolutely miserable. You come across like a bitter ex-girlfriend /ex-employee.

Honest question- who hurt you? Did someone in NB corporate fire you? If you act like this in the real world, you must be an absolute joy to deal with.

It sounds like you should just move on from NB. You clearly can’t stand their product, employees and PR direction. Why continue wasting your time spewing nonstop negativity? Life’s too short.

You literally picked everything negative. Plenty of positive things in the past. I have been collecting for over a decade and things have gone down hill the past year, whether you can admit it or not. I know for a fact things aren't going well in terms of financials for lifestyle and production issues are very apparent.

Do you live your life being that biased and only looking at the negative in people. Your post is incredibly hypocritical. Get a life and ignore things if they bother you its that simple. Move on or ignore my posts. I don't care what you do, but to try and categorize me and pick apart my personal life from 7 posts over a short period of time is hysterical. GET A LIFE!!!!!

Edit: I literally moved on and posted informative and some opinions on the 850 that helped someone realize the rollerbar may actually help them. You just stirring a pot by assuming I have a personal vendetta? I am doing just well in life, maybe get a grip of yours and stop trying to decipher someones because there personal opinions and INTERNET POSTS offend you, god dam snowflake.

You literally picked everything negative. Plenty of positive things in the past. I have been collecting for over a decade and things have gone down hill the past year, whether you can admit it or not. I know for a fact things aren't going well in terms of financials for lifestyle and production issues are very apparent.

Do you live your life being that biased and only looking at the negative in people. Your post is incredibly hypocritical. Get a life and ignore things if they bother you its that simple. Move on or ignore my posts. I don't care what you do, but to try and categorize me and pick apart my personal life from 7 posts over a short period of time is hysterical. GET A LIFE!!!!!

Edit: I literally moved on and posted informative and some opinions on the 850 that helped someone realize the rollerbar may actually help them. You just stirring a pot by assuming I have a personal vendetta? I am doing just well in life, maybe get a grip of yours and stop trying to decipher someones because there personal opinions and INTERNET POSTS offend you, god dam snowflake.

With all due respect you have been a bit of a buzzkill. Your posts haven’t kept me up at night or anything, but they make it seem like you have some type of a vendetta against the company. Obviously a decline in quality gives a fan every right to be upset, but this seems a little more visceral than that.
Not trying to get into an argument or score internet points, but I thought it would be good to let you know that the poster you are responding to is definitely on to something.

Back
Top Bottom