Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Suggestions on what to do about these? I got these off a seller on ebay in the UK. He said they were seconds, but that he quote "BUT I CAN FIND NO FAULTS WITH SHOES" and that they can be returned if unhappy.

Obviously I'm unhappy with the suede, but the shoe is beautiful and it took FOREVER to get these from the UK. Sending them back would cost a lot of money and time. I'd rather find a way to repair the suede and be able to rock them.

Thoughts?
Oh, and they're these by the way:
Oh man. I was considering getting these from the UK on feebay as well, I think it's the same seller I was looking at. I just ordered a pair from France on feebay because it was a better deal. Really hoping I don't run into similar problems. I hope you figure something out. Is it some sort of adhesive? Could you describe a little more?

Suggestions on what to do about these? I got these off a seller on ebay in the UK. He said they were seconds, but that he quote "BUT I CAN FIND NO FAULTS WITH SHOES" and that they can be returned if unhappy.

Obviously I'm unhappy with the suede, but the shoe is beautiful and it took FOREVER to get these from the UK. Sending them back would cost a lot of money and time. I'd rather find a way to repair the suede and be able to rock them.

Thoughts?

Oh, and they're these by the way:
Hmmm something is definitely wrong with the nap. Does it feel like it is pushed down and stuck there, or does it feel like there is no nap whatsoever in those scuffed looking sections. If the nap is stuck, it is fixable with a little elbow grease. On the other hand if the nap is gone, it is not going to even be worth the effort to try and fix it, if it is even possible with that thin suede. 

I ordered a pair of white pigeons that had some staining. I only paid 120 so if I cannot get them out fully, so be it. I was gonna use some bar keepers friend on the white mesh (a mild solution of it) I know it takes out some of the sheen but it has worked for me for white mesh in the past. It will be a fun restore project. I plan to take some before and after pics once they arrive here. If nothing else I didnt pay a ton for them so they will be my most expensive "beaters" haha.

I always used a solution of diluted dishsoap and water to clean kicks. Jason Markk works, I use it now, but I agree it wont restore EVERYTHING. It lathers good, smells good, and its easier then making your own solution if you are extra lazy.

I paid 340 for a pair of kennedies that were worn once (basically DS) and I know others have paid less for similar pairs. I just gave the dude what he paid for em, so I was happy. I would hunt around, but it will take some work. If you really MUST have them, I would say go for it, try to clean them...if it doesnt work you can get most or ALL of your investment back, I am sure of that.

Lots of heat dropping, and me being on hiatus is causign a panick haha. I need to hurry up and scoop the wife this 5D (or 6D, meh, I dont know the model I know its a pricey camera) so I can justify my cops without hearing complaints lol.

War Deez

Bleach? On synthetic mesh? That is a HUGE no no. I have been cleaning and restoring kicks for years, you put bleach on mesh like that and the result is a piss yellow abomination. Your best bet if you were gonna take that route would be something like oxyclean. Those kennedys are worth no more than 200, and even at that price i would pass on them, don't let the hype sucker you in to a bad buy. On the topic of buying stained or otherwise dirty shoes, that is something that you should NEVER do online. When buying a pair of shoes like that you NEED too see them in person. With a good eye you will be actually able to identify exactly what type of stain it is, dirt, grease, oil, dye, etc. you need to know what you can and can not do when it comes to trying to restore them. When i buy a pair of used shoes online i make sure they are pass as DS or close to it with no visible marks or stains. If they aren't close to that then they are going to be a hell of a bad day when they come and you realize after cleaning that you essentially got hustled for a pair of beat to crap, permanently stained shoes. You have to understand, even though it may give you a bit of self satisfaction for finally getting yourself a pair of super rare kicks, when you go and wear those things everyone else is going to see just a nasty pair of beaters. It is always worth it to just save your money and get your self a pair of DS or close to it. That is my motto at least when it comes to online buys. If you have a bit of restoration experience under your belt, then you can take on the super messed up pairs. But still, only in person so you can gauge the extent of the damage and wether or not it is fixable. 

Totally agree on the jason markk placebo effect. I made a cleaning solution for kicks like that years ago. It is nothing you cant make at home, they just put it in a fancy little bottle and charge you $10 for it when in reality it costs about a dollar to make yourself. If you want a good basic solution use this formula. 2 cups water, 5 drops of a grease busting soap, and 2 drops hydrogen peroxide. That is plenty to clean a pair of kicks with. 
Got a stain on the mesh tongue of my columbia 11s, and bleach took it completely out in 5 min. Just saying. Anddddd....

didntread.gif

Hmmm something is definitely wrong with the nap. Does it feel like it is pushed down and stuck there, or does it feel like there is no nap whatsoever in those scuffed looking sections. If the nap is stuck, it is fixable with a little elbow grease. On the other hand if the nap is gone, it is not going to even be worth the effort to try and fix it, if it is even possible with that thin suede. 

Just saw these brand new at my spot with the same "Faults" but they're going for 50% off retail so yeah

Those who customize online how does the hot pink look is it that dark as displayed online or are the brighter in person??:

Those who customize online how does the hot pink look is it that dark as displayed online or are the brighter in person??:

@Avengenator - I received my pair directly from Hanon in deadstock condition and had similar wear on the black suede portion of the shoe. 

Last edited:
Those who customize online how does the hot pink look is it that dark as displayed online or are the brighter in person??
does any one have a pair that can post a pic

Oh man. I was considering getting these from the UK on feebay as well, I think it's the same seller I was looking at. I just ordered a pair from France on feebay because it was a better deal. Really hoping I don't run into similar problems. I hope you figure something out. Is it some sort of adhesive? Could you describe a little more?

It probably is the same seller. Not adhesive. The nap is gone from those sections. It's like a bit of sandpaper was rubbed on there and now the suede is gone and exposed the base.
Just no nap. I don't know what to do to fill in those sections. Hopefully I can find a good solution. Going to take it to a shoe repair shop and see what they recommend. If that fails, I'm sending these back to the UK as slow and cheap as possible and getting SOME sort of refund. This seller is officially on our "list".

Those who customize online how does the hot pink look is it that dark as displayed online or are the brighter in person??
does any one have a pair that can post a pic
I've never used hot pink in any of my customs and I think you might be hard pressed to find someone who has, but good luck. Maybe emailing New Balance they can give you a live picture of it on a shoe.

Back
Top Bottom