Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Can you guys help me?

I'm looking at NB580 "Burn Rubber" and I noticed that there are 2 versions. One of them has a white ankle collar and the other is grey. Are there any other differences? And were both released at the same time?

@superblytrife: you were right, it's just people checking in, asking a question about sizing or where will this be released and off to the abyss of NT to never be seen again. I've been recently posting to try to get in track, when I went away for a couple of weeks was because I didn't see that this thread had anything to contribute to my knowledge, which I still think is my case.

Still, the best we can do is help people but there are always bad apples

I think a collab people need to look forward too is the Starcow 1500s pack coming out, no date that I know of yet

Can you guys help me?

I'm looking at NB580 "Burn Rubber" and I noticed that there are 2 versions. One of them has a white ankle collar and the other is grey. Are there any other differences? And were both released at the same time?
White Ankle? Are you talking about the Work Force Pack? Blue Collar and White Collar

Can you guys help me?

There were two shoes released in that pack; blue collar and white collar; there are subtle color variations in the two, searching on images should show how the grey and whites differ slightly on the two models.

I only have one of the two from the pack, else I would post up a pic to show the difference.  Great shoe.

@superblytrife: you were right, it's just people checking in, asking a question about sizing or where will this be released and off to the abyss of NT to never be seen again. I've been recently posting to try to get in track, when I went away for a couple of weeks was because I didn't see that this thread had anything to contribute to my knowledge, which I still think is my case.

Still, the best we can do is help people but there are always bad apples

I think a collab people need to look forward too is the Starcow 1500s pack coming out, no date that I know of yet
Oh yeah, I definitely agree about helping folks out.  That's what NT is all about.  The influx of mindnumbing posts does make it hard sometimes though.

Honestly, it's all just one big cycle.  We've been blessed with a bunch of nice collab shoes here recently, so more eyes on this thread is a given.  More eyes means more questions (even though the answers are all over this thread and the internet).  More questions means more dumb/lazy questions.  Some of those folks will stay and contribute to this thread, while some will glean the info they need and then dip out to the next hyped shoe/brand.  Then when things quiet down on the collaboration front, this thread will die down again (despite there being so many ill GRs dropping constantly).  Rinse and repeat with the next big release.  I guess every brand goes through it, but for awhile there, New Balance were relatively safe from the madness.  

It is what it is I guess.  Maybe it just seems worse right now b/c there have been a lot of limited drops here recently?  

Nah man, I'm still here. I'm actually posting a pick up picture tomorrow. I've had a few pick ups lately. Haha. And I'm patiently awaiting those Tannerys...

And I don't like to post when all these releases are coming out at once because I love helping new New Balance-heads but I can only answer, "How does *insert New Balance model fit* compared to my Nike/Jordan/SBs?" so many times. 

Last edited:
is the only info about those starcows so far the teaser picture of the insoles? hadn't heard about starcow until those pics came out, but been out of the loop for a while.

Just had these dropped off :smokin

Can you guys help me?

i have both pairs...and yes there are definitely other differences. if you're a fan of gum bottom soles (like i am)...then it's all about the blue collar version. they come with different laces, the insoles have different designs on them...the dust bag is different, etc. the shoes themselves are both virtually the same in quality (as-in both are very high quality). while at first glance, they look almost the same, their differences are subtle, but noticeable. i love both of my pairs, but i've only been rockin' the blue collars (white collars still on ice)...

let me know if you have any other questions...and here's a link that you might find insightful:

http://workforce.burnrubberdetroit.com/

Are those devils, 9thwonder23kid?

And I think I started posting at the beginning of the year around the 574 YOTS pack dropped. I only have maybe 3 collabos out of the 2 or 3 dozen New Balances I have. The 990 OG is my shoe of the year (than Kobe 8).

Are those devils, 9thwonder23kid?

And I think I started posting at the beginning of the year around the 574 YOTS pack dropped. I only have maybe 3 collabos out of the 2 or 3 dozen New Balances I have. The 990 OG is my shoe of the year (than Kobe
glasses.gif
yes those are the sneaker freaker x new balance tassie devil

if you check the insole, they say 2012, not 2013, which is when their 10th anniversary was but they were delayed because of the purple bleeding into the white materials, which they "fixed" by making the white with some purple coloring.

Still need to UNDS mine but I like the clean white sole haha

jeez 2-3 dozen? wow would like to see a complete pic

I just cant get into the 990OG, the only one that seems to trigger my interest is the burgundy one but thats because of the color

yes those are the sneaker freaker x new balance tassie devil

if you check the insole, they say 2012, not 2013, which is when their 10th anniversary was but they were delayed because of the purple bleeding into the white materials, which they "fixed" by making the white with some purple coloring.

Still need to UNDS mine but I like the clean white sole haha

jeez 2-3 dozen? wow would like to see a complete pic

I just cant get into the 990OG, the only one that seems to trigger my interest is the burgundy one but thats because of the color

I was mistaken. I've only bought 26 pairs of NB this year (in the case of the Navy and Black 990s 2X). And I'm not taking a picture of all of them. I don't have the time to put them all out. When I get a new one, I'll take pics. I've posted them in this thread.

And 990 OG has incredible suede, simple, clean design, vibram sole, good comfort. The only "issue" is they haven't done any collabos and the color ways have been pretty simple, which is great for now but I'd like for them to venture out to double or triple color combos.

Back
Top Bottom