Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Man I still need to hurry up and grab a pair of 997's while I can, I've been putting others sneakers before it and I don't want to regret it! Love that model though, it almost looks like a 998, a 577, and a 1500 all ran at each other full speed and BAM a 997 emerged from the smoke.

Thank you. I think they are the right size because length is good. If I wear them looser or with thicker socks, the issues goes away. Should also get shorter laces.

Everyone seems to be in love with the 997..is there anything major behind that or is it just because it was just released and has that new (old) sole unit?

Haha. I am very close to doing that. They are different enough that I can almost justify it.
Just like footsoldier commented, for me it just has all the best features of all my other favorite NB models in one. The sleekness of the 998 and 577's, the timelessness of the 1300/996 and personally for me the insane comfort and feel of the 990's... all in one.

1300s/577s always had a clunky hard heel feel to them that took me awhile to get adjusted to. 998's were a smooth ride but the fit wasn't perfect in my eyes, they seem too elevated, again adjustment period for me. The 990's were perfect comfort right away and I love that model, but the model to me is very subtle and to some too boring. I'm boring and love monoblock colors so it was fine for me lol. The 996's had nice colors but also were a simple pair, just really plain and didn't excite me that much. I look at the 996 like I do the 574's and 576's. The 997 just takes all the best features from all those though and I couldn't be happier!

For other's they've been waiting for this reissue for so long that it's just a joy to have that happen finally! There's a great history behind the model. I'm anxiously awaiting the Navy 997's next quarter and I think I'll be pretty content for awhile lol.

Last edited:

newest for me 
pimp.gif

Japanimation 990, Hanon 990, Inferno 998
Can you take more pics of the Inferno's? How's quality? My ordered just shipped can't wait.

Hi guys im new here. Im from spain and im lookking after new balance 998br size 10. Does anyone know where to find them? Thanks!

Love the 998 model but don't get the love for those inferno, the red and purple just don't blend well together imo

Yeah same here, not a fan of the inferno colorway. They are certainly great quality shoes and more power to those who are picking them up, just not my cup of coffee.

Very true. Are people buying them bcos they're limited or they honestly like that shade of red and purple together? Just think there are better colourways to be had in the 998.

How can you know how many pics of each limited edition have been done? I will like to know how many daytona and 988br and also 580 by mita and sbtg have been released.

Back
Top Bottom