Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Im having a hard time deciding between the hanons or the wests :rolleyes I like them both but can only get 1 at the moment

Im having a hard time deciding between the hanons or the wests
eyes.gif
I like them both but can only get 1 at the moment
Pick up the Wests so I can take the Hanons.

I would really like to see how the both look in person. Its hard to decide considering I can get them both at the same price. But then again I really want to double up on the seals at some point and I know if i wait too long they will skyrocket in price.

Fyi I got none of my hanon 1500 for retail and got from two different Sellers So dont get salty on me. I know some of the resellers got mutiple pairs from retailers during release and it sucked for me as well. I will be trading one of mine for a pair of west 580s hopefully w a fellow nt'er so ill be down to 2 pairs. Im no baller but sometimes you gotta pay for what you want.

Got my hanon 1500 today.... Ahhhhmazing quality and color blocking. So glad I got 3. And the UK gr cws on nb.com are great too. Suprised those made it online. Might grab those grey/orange.

The quality on the Hanons really isn't that great...not compared to other collabos from previous years...nice cw and decent shape at least....but, not the best materials on a NB imo.

The quality on the Hanons really isn't that great...not compared to other collabos from previous years...nice cw and decent shape at least....but, not the best materials on a NB imo.
Wow, do you know anything about nb? Name one recent nb colab whos quality and craftsmanship is better than the chosen few? its also the best shaped 1500 in years, besides the lamjc 1500, which is top notch.

Last edited:
all this 580s & 1500s talk.... makes me wanna ask.

anyone have any 574 ball & buck sz 9.5 they want to move....? :D

I had no interest in the Salmon Soles since they look like Norse 670 ripoffs, but the salmon colored laces really add to the shoe and make them stand out. I'm not sure why Fieg didn't photograph them with those laces on.

In other news I'm having an incredibly hard time trying to find the West NYC's in a size 13. Only one pair on eBay and it's for an insane price. I don't mind paying $250 or so, but over $450 for these is just plain dumb. Anyone know if more stores will be releasing any extra pairs?

Last edited:
I had no interest in the Salmon Soles since they look like Norse 670 ripoffs, but the salmon colored laces really add to the shoe and make them stand out. I'm not sure why Fieg didn't photograph them with those laces on.
I didn't even know the shoes came with Salmon laces. Totally surprised me when I opened the box and the Salmon laces were already laced through the bottom eyelets. Definitely makes the colorway better, IMO.

I have seen them with laces from the RF x Asics "Coves" to match the Teal on the N, and those look pretty amazing too.

how do the new balance 1500chf fit? Im a 10.5 US on the gel lyte 3s...havent owned any NBs so any help would be great...

^Nice photos! Although 'UnDSing' not even a week into release while accounts are still getting them sounds weird. I still get what you mean, but dead stock means just that. Dead stock...

As for me, I think the contrast with the salmon laces is borderline horrible. I understand the conceptualization behind the addition, but I think the look clashes too much. Not overtly bad. However, nothing I'd see myself ever swapping back into. I immediately pulled those out without even bothering to see how they'd look...
RFx_NB_1300.jpg

NBx_RF_1300.jpg

^Nice photos! Although 'UnDSing' not even a week into release while accounts are still getting them sounds weird. I still get what you mean, but dead stock means just that. Dead stock...
As for me, I think the contrast with the salmon laces is borderline horrible. I understand the conceptualization behind the addition, but I think the look clashes too much. Not overtly bad. However, nothing I'd see myself ever swapping back into. I immediately pulled those out without even bothering to see how they'd look...
Rolling in a brand new 3-series? Dope! Good looks with the Navy laces as well. I'm torn between the two, but I'll probably just leave the Salmons in until they get dirty.

Rolling in a brand new 3-series? Dope! Good looks with the Navy laces as well. I'm torn between the two, but I'll probably just leave the Salmons in until they get dirty.
Missed that turbo 'life' as my E70 isn't cutting it. Haha!

Your photos definitely did them justice, but after seeing them on-feet from one of my friends and other various pictures, it's just too much in my opinion. Your set just reminds me that I need to buy a real camera and stop using my iPhone...

My salmon laces are staying in the box. Extra white laces would've been better imo.
Agreed. They should have just added them along with the salmon laces as most of my NB collaborations have come with 3-sets...

Wow, do you know anything about nb? Name one recent nb colab whos quality and craftsmanship is better than the chosen few? its also the best shaped 1500 in years, besides the lamjc 1500, which is top notch.
New Balance x UNDFTD x LAMJC x Colette red/blue.......there's a recent one with better craftmanship

To me the UK made 1500s shape has been weird lately. It's not terrible, but the made in China ones have been looking better.

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger on the West 580. Payed little more than I wanted to but I don't think i'll have many chances to get them again.

Dead stock means that the shoes are still in factory released condition and have never been put on feet.  It doesn't mean that the stock has run out of that pair.  If that is what you are saying... 

^ technically your both kind of right. although when using the term "deadstock" there should be an understanding that the product is no longer available for purchase anywhere. i think thats what Sniper was referring to...

Dead stock means that the shoes are still in factory released condition and have never been put on feet.  It doesn't mean that the stock has run out of that pair.  If that is what you are saying... 

Naw, technically in the true sense of the word, it does mean stock that is no longer found in stores. It has come to mean brand new/never worn, however. So yeah...you're both kinda right.

New Balance x UNDFTD x LAMJC x Colette red/blue.......there's a recent one with better craftmanship
Thats a China made 580. The materials are amazing suade, but im talking about 1500s. Sorry if that wasnt clear. And for 580s China and Vietnam are tge only ones that make the mt580 so its hard for them to get the shapes wrong.

Back
Top Bottom