Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Bottom colorway...

my-song-is-on.gif

Last edited:
Fact: most rope laces don't look good in most sneakers. I swear this Fieg dude has some type of voodoo spell on kids.

fact? no, but i agree with your OPINION. i really only like ropes on asics. people are doing too much by putting them on NBs and they look even worse on flyknits.

What's more comfortable to y'all, 998s or 990s?
The ABZORB midsole and encap on the 990s make them a very comfortable shoe but I'd choose the 998 silhouette over the 990s anyday. It doesn't help that every frat bro at my school has a pair of 990s now 
ohwell.gif

The ABZORB midsole and encap on the 990s make them a very comfortable shoe but I'd choose the 998 silhouette over the 990s anyday. It doesn't help that every frat bro at my school has a pair of 990s now :\
Man just tried on some 990s and they just may be more comfy than 998s. I agree tho 998 shape is tip top

I went .5 down with some 998's. Hope i made the right decision.
Depends man. I was in the same boat. Copped a 10.5 and 11 (I'm a true 11) and the 10.5 were a little too snug for my liking. Then again I have fairly long toes and semi-wide feet. If you have narrow normal length toes you should be good haha

Classic 990s just about blow everything else out of the water in terms of comfort. 1500s 998s and 1300s come in right after. If you want a supportive feel 998. If for casual everyday wear 990 hands down.

And ropes trend of late is way out of control.

Classic 990s just about blow everything else out of the water in terms of comfort. 1500s 998s and 1300s come in right after. If you want a supportive feel 998. If for casual everyday wear 990 hands down.

And ropes trend of late is way out of control.
agreed with the ropes

I went .5 down with some 998's. Hope i made the right decision.
I think you did. They will be snug around your foot, but will break in nicely. The length however, should be perfect with a little room up front if you went down a half size. If you got your true size, the length would be really long.

screw you all. I'm not #TEAMROPELACE or anything. Just think Rope Laces work on Americanas cuz they are Ronnie Fiegs and he is the man behind making them big
I agree with you. Ropes on Fieg products make me feel some type of way just because it is kind of his signature thing now. Has nothing to do with the hype behind it for me, just genuinely prefer the look of them.

Found a pair of 9.5 C-Notes for 199 but they both have pretty gnarly scuffs on the toe box. Think you can get those out with some Jason Markks? If not, still may pull the trigger. 199 for C-Notes is a steal even if banged up a little.

Back
Top Bottom