***OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SEASON THREAD*** (13-4) - Patriots @ Broncos - Sun 3:05PM EST - Bra

mean.gif
hope easley didn't tear anything. Him and dobson tho
eyes.gif
dat untapped potential feels like such a tease. will we ever see it?

I like blount but never thought he was that good as y'all saw that except when the opponent's the colts
laugh.gif

Our run blocking has been garbage this year and that didn't bode well for legarrette, he doesn't dance well or anything like that but once he gets a decent hole to hit, that's when he's at his best.

Bolden always has been solid running the ball when he had the opportunity to do so. I hope he gets most reps and he should. I remember him and ridley (i think) doing major work running all over vs buffalo in buffalo back in '12 season. It was a clinic. He runs hard, decisive (unlike legarrette 
indifferent.gif
) and is pretty quick/fast.

Next Man Up. Thank god our squad mentality is just that. But there's so much injuries a team can take
sick.gif
because that's easily one of the worst feelings having injuries derail the season 
mad.gif

Last edited:
Out until the playoffs...

The Easley news especially sucks given how much of a beast he was becoming :smh:

We worked out Steven Jackson too. Bill is apparently very fond of dude.

These injuries in general though man
mean.gif

The more I read into it,the more I like the Hankerson pick up. He can help stretch the field out with his size and attributes. He's 6'2 and ran a 4.4 40 at the combine so he's not the slowest WR we've had :lol:. He can hopefully become what Dobson was supposed to be

can hankerson still rip down a field? even if he does, man i don't like when TB12 is chucking deep balls :lol:

but hey, we need help with injuries so hopefully he can come in and help.

With Jules back practicing, maybe it's more of depth move. At full strength, which we should be by week 17 or the 1st playoff game :nerd:, it'll be LaFell, Jules, Dola and Gronk again. With those 4, hopefully any deep shots Brady takes will be to a fairly open receiver.

i like the hankerson pick up for sure. really surprised atlanta let him go. they've been winless w/o once he went out. crazy.

not saying with him out, that's the reason for them losing games obviously
laugh.gif
but he was a nice part of their passing game as WR3 behind julio, roddy, etc..

kinda confusing how they put him on IR with the hammy issue but then they just released him outright? really? *stratches head* and on top of that he's all ready to go to contribute in foxborough?

someone's trash is someone's else gold, not sure how the saying goes but yea
laugh.gif
literally no risk and i hope he contributes because, god knows we need it. like you guys said, he could very well do dobson's role but better
nerd.gif

Btw mayo has been really stepping up his performance lately. gotta say I'm happy for him and we def need that with collins/hightower and now freeny ailing
indifferent.gif
. low key felt batman that he wasn't on the field contributing during our SB win
mean.gif
it helps that he seems to be getting his legs back after not finishing out the season two years in row and that it took a toll on him. 

Even in the beginning of the year, he wasn't starting and getting his usual snaps, he didn't say anything, kept grinding and was commensurate pro. ego didn't get in the way.  dat patriot way 
smokin.gif

Btw mayo has been really stepping up his performance lately. gotta say I'm happy for him and we def need that with collins/hightower and now freeny ailing :stoneface: . low key felt batman that he wasn't on the field contributing during our SB win :smh: it helps that he seems to be getting his legs back after not finishing out the season two years in row and that it took a toll on him. 
Even in the beginning of the year, he wasn't starting and getting his usual snaps, he didn't say anything, kept grinding and was commensurate pro. ego didn't get in the way.  dat patriot way :smokin  

this. it's like they rested him for this stretch run. he looks pretty good. making a lot of plays in the backfield. good point, fam :pimp:

this. it's like they rested him for this stretch run. he looks pretty good. making a lot of plays in the backfield. good point, fam
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

interesting piece from reiss on how hankerson was expendable in ATL on espnboston. Always can count on reiss providing great infos and such. One of the better ones out there for sure. Makes it following the team so much easier and better.

hankerson out there practicing already... great. can't wait to see him out there and hopefully making plays.

good to cruise to a win. but man, pretty shaky performance by the offense. dumb penalties. play calling and mix was meh. really wanted to see a dominant performance. special teams with a couple gaffes but also a big return. defense was nice overall outside of some poor tackling here and there. hightower and dola left with injuries. hopefully nothing serious. chung expected to be OK from what i've read/heard.

we roll on. Jets week :evil:

was hankerson active today, btw? we'll need him next week with Dola probably sitting out. don't rush back Jules, please. and let's get Chandler more involved. really don't like what Josh has done the last few weeks.

Last edited:
If we end 13 and three tied with the bengals, who gets the tiebreaker,?

That number one seed is extremely crucial to us, hoping we can squeak it out

If we end 13 and three tied with the bengals, who gets the tiebreaker,?

That number one seed is extremely crucial to us, hoping we can squeak it out
Best division record at the end of the season.

Sucks that Hightower and Amendola both look like they re-aggravated their same knee injuries
mean.gif

On a positive note, Collins is back to being Collins.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I agree what everybody said about yesterday's game... I'm just gonna copy and paste what I posted on Week 15 HT on here.

Offense was garbage I thought. Run blocking is still left to be desired. Bunch of gimmicky plays
eyes.gif
but that's gonna happen when you don't have the personnel like edelman and also amendola left the game after getting dinged up again but doesnt appear to be overly serious. There's just no rhythm. Barf.

But I have hope for Iosefa. He looks good. Moves and runs better than blount and packs some pop.

Defense was for the most part solid. Hightower can't miss any games especially in the playoffs so I think we gotta rest him for the next couple weeks.

I dont think we've had our whole LB corps healthy since maybe beginning of the year
mean.gif
Freeny is serviceable but he's hurt right now.

Special Teams ***** the bed again. GOATkowski with a miss and another near miss
eek.gif
mean.gif

Amendola muffed the PR again. Jesus. Didn't think he should be out there doing PR in the first place anyways with him ailing a bit. I see you, William.

Like TF is up with us muffing PR this year. **** is infuriating. Won't fly in the playoffs thats for sure.

Back
Top Bottom