***OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SEASON THREAD*** (13-4) - Patriots @ Broncos - Sun 3:05PM EST - Bra

The Patriots have clinched a first-round bye for the sixth straight season. According to Elias, it's the longest such streak under the current playoff format (which started in 1990).

:pimp:

Butler is a pretty good tackler from what I've seen. Better than I thought

Happy for dude :pimp:

Butler and Collins :pimp:

Wish Dont'a and D-Mac also got some love but nice to see so many getting recognize either way

Only player missing from Patriots practice is LB Jonathan Freeny. Rob Gronkowski is back. Hightower, Chung, McCourty, Amendola all present.

Getting back to health right in time for the late season homefield/Title push :pimp:

Last edited:
lengthy discussion on the radio yesterday about how to finish the season in terms of resting players and pushing for W's:

the term "rest" below as in, play who you need to play, but use them sparingly and sit em maybe in the final quarter....

- do you go all out to win the jets game, rest versus miami
- do you rest versus the jets, and semi rest versus miami (assumes you can handle miami easily)
- do you just go all about in both games
- do you rest and play it safe with both of these final two games

me personally, i want to go all out this weekend versus the jets. do what it takes to win. win that game, lock up homefield. then rest. that essentially gives you three weeks of rest heading into that first playoff game.

the only guy i would sit out this week is Jules. everyone else, get them in there and let's lock this **** up.

"Resting" key guys against the Jets would most likely come back to bit us in the *** imo if the backups can't take care of business. I agree with you,iIf all goes well on Sunday,there's gonna be plenty of time for rest between the Fins game and the bye.

"Resting" key guys against the Jets would most likely come back to bit us in the *** imo if the backups can't take care of business. I agree with you,iIf all goes well on Sunday,there's gonna be plenty of time for rest between the Fins game and the bye.

Lets kill the Jets, no need to rest anyone....

Agreed,it'd be a pretty sweet xmas present to knock those bums out of the playoff race :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
im against the notion of resting guys for the Jets too . obviously if people arent healthy enough to play (amendola , hightower potentially , chung) then don't play them , but if guys are cleared to go the team needs to try and win this game

lengthy discussion on the radio yesterday about how to finish the season in terms of resting players and pushing for W's:

the term "rest" below as in, play who you need to play, but use them sparingly and sit em maybe in the final quarter....

- do you go all out to win the jets game, rest versus miami
- do you rest versus the jets, and semi rest versus miami (assumes you can handle miami easily)
- do you just go all about in both games
- do you rest and play it safe with both of these final two games

me personally, i want to go all out this weekend versus the jets. do what it takes to win. win that game, lock up homefield. then rest. that essentially gives you three weeks of rest heading into that first playoff game.

the only guy i would sit out this week is Jules. everyone else, get them in there and let's lock this **** up.

Agree 100%, tcb it now

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 19s20 seconds ago
. @AdamSchefter "when I talk to people inside NFL, they say Logan Ryan has played even better than Malcolm Butler in 2nd half of the year"

possibly. although Butler usually draws the top WR, usually.

either way, more than happy with both dudes' play

Last edited:
Apparently Hankerson got cut to make room for Harper getting called back up today. They need as many people who know the playbook as possible against the Jets with Dola and Jules all out. Wouldn't be surprised if he got resigned next week.

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 19s20 seconds ago
. @AdamSchefter "when I talk to people inside NFL, they say Logan Ryan has played even better than Malcolm Butler in 2nd half of the year"
possibly. although Butler usually draws the top WR, usually.

either way, more than happy with both dudes' play
Music to my damn ears,for all our worry during the preseason,the secondary hasn't been close to being one of the worst. Having arguably one of BB's deepest and most solid front 7's ever as a HC helps 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Chance for Richards to shine 
smokin.gif
,Harmon has already proven that he's no scrub/slouch

Last edited:
it's almost like they're throwing this game on purpose.

I dunno the implications exactly but if the jets win it makes the steelers on the outside looking in no?

maybe that's something because I'd def rather play the jets than Pittsburgh who's now fully healthy with the exception of Bell...

Our D is looking pathetic right now

Making Fitz look elite

Or run defence has been shakey since Hightower went down smh

PLUS our former players are looking good against us

Ridley and thompkins

Last edited:
injuries is one thing. but we're just getting man handled, especially our defense. no gap control, no pressure on fitz, no nothing. it's like they know it's not a must win. if that's the deal, sit brady and gronk, please.

Back
Top Bottom