OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

This dude Cake.
smh.gif

Go somewhere, dude.

Originally Posted by faithlesshox

http://nycknicks105.u.yuku.com
nycknicks10
^^Argentina is so European influenced its not even funny. They have "tea time" there too.
laugh.gif
Kinda ignorant, cause a lot of countries have McDonalds, they are so US influenced its not funny?
Besids Tea isn't originally from Europe, but from China.
and on top of that even within Europe, Tea is really just a British fetish.

Besids Europe is a singular definition of the geographical entity.
Culture wize (which is to what you are refering) There is a bigger difference between Finland and Greece then there is between the US and Central america.

What i meant was if you've been to Europe and Argentina, you can sense the same type of vibe. When my friends went to Argentina they all said it feltlike they were in Europe. European bravado.
Originally Posted by ultrasur1

Originally Posted by faithlesshox

nycknicks10
^^Argentina is so European influenced its not even funny. They have "tea time" there too.
laugh.gif
Kinda ignorant, cause a lot of countries have McDonalds, they are so US influenced its not funny?
Besids Tea isn't originally from Europe, but from China.
and on top of that even within Europe, Tea is really just a British fetish.

Besids Europe is a singular definition of the geographical entity.
Culture wize (which is to what you are refering) There is a bigger difference between Finland and Greece then there is between the US and Central america.

actually it's not ignorant at all. not too eloquently stated perhaps, but i'm argentinian and he's basically correct. the british have had a huge influence on the culture of argentina. the difference between south american nations and central american nations is just as great as the difference you noted between certain european nations. most south american countries have "tea time" and that has everything to do with british merchants and naval officers who established themselves throughout the country over the last two hundred years or so. who do you think brought football over to south america? rugby? polo?

aside from that, argentina (as well as southern brasil, uruguay and parts of neighboring countries have descendents of mostly direct european descent).

a funny thing said about argentinians is that they're spanish-speaking italians who live like the french and wished they were british.

anyway, we ball heavy whether it's football or basketball.

Jeez, i mention tea and this guy goes all out on me. i never meant to generalize, just giving an example. Thanks Ultrasur1

Originally Posted by bballah3

Supposedly Kevin Love has already lost 13 pounds. You never know who'll drop their way or work their way into that 6th slot.

He has actually lost close to 20 lbs. He went from 270 when he started workouts....now he is down to 252.

No one saw anything close to what the kid can do...he was so limited by UCLA.

I heard 13 on Chad Ford's ESPN Dish podcast interview with your brother, but that was on the 16th so I'm not surprised that he's lost moresince then.
Any idea as to what his real measurements are (height w/ and w/o shoes, standing reach, wingspan, and vert)?

If he can rebound well at the NBA level, which it seems to be a certainty according the sites I've seen, and he can get in and stay in NBA shape, then heseems like he'd be a perfect fit in New York.

A big that can rebound, start the break, and finish it with a 16-18ft jumper? Yeah, I think D'Antoni would like that.

I just remembered (correctly? incorrectly?) that Doug Gottlieb also had Augustin as a possibility to New York.

I'm dieing to see Mayo in the NBA because I'm not a believer yet.

Yeah, I'm not a believer is Mayo either right now. He hasn't really done anything to make me believe that his game would translate well to the NBA. Ithink he might be the most NBA ready right not, and he'll probably give the most immediate production, but I don't see his ceiling being very high.

And I am so high on Augustin right now. I think he's going to be a very good point guard. He can do so much on the offensive end. He may take a littletime, but that is certainly something the Knicks have to spend on growing young guys.

A bit skeptical when it comes to Love. I haven't really seem much of him though, so I can't really speak on it.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Yeah, I'm not a believer is Mayo either right now. He hasn't really done anything to make me believe that his game would translate well to the NBA. I think he might be the most NBA ready right not, and he'll probably give the most immediate production, but I don't see his ceiling being very high.

And I am so high on Augustin right now. I think he's going to be a very good point guard. He can do so much on the offensive end. He may take a little time, but that is certainly something the Knicks have to spend on growing young guys.

A bit skeptical when it comes to Love. I haven't really seem much of him though, so I can't really speak on it.

I agree, but like holden said Love is the type of player that would catch D'Antoni's eye. Maybe I'm the only one but I think it may give him alittle bit of an excuse to include Lee in any trade with Randolph or Curry.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Bulls fans gettin a little too hyped up in the Knicks thread...take it to the 3 page Chicago Bulls thread please (altho I'm sure it will jump to more pages than that with your "newfound" fans).
I can't speak on everybody but I've been @$+@#*%+ on the Knicks, for as longs as I can remember, but really goin hard at the fans on NT every since Allen started y'all campaign to bring the Chicago Boi into sadaam and gemora and all of y'all started Co-Signing it
smh.gif
... ASK ABOUT ME!!!
laugh.gif
the Cakester

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I came up with a possibilities of where Zach Randolph could end up

Atlanta Hawks
Speedy Claxton-2 years
Zaza Pachullia- 1 year
Solomon Jones- 1 year

Caveliers
Wally World-1 year
Joe Smith-1 year
2nd round pick(s)
for Randolph, Balkman and Collins

Heat
Blount-2 years
Marcus Banks- 3 years
Alexander Johnson-1 year

Nets
Stromile Swift-1 year
Keith Van Horn-2 years
Trenton Hassle-2 years

76ers
Dalembert-3 years
Reggie Evans- 3 years

Kings
Artest
Kenny Thomas-2 years

Raptors
TJ Ford
Rasho Nestorivich
for Randolph and Balkman

Wizards
Etan Thomas-2 years
Darius Songalia- 2 years
Brendan Haywood- 2 years

I'll be nicer in here
laugh.gif
the sixers, raptors and kings all look good when you see dalembert, ford and artest but then after that it's not sointruiging.

laugh.gif
Honestly I could care less who we get as long as this fat bastard is out of New York. I would love to see them pry away TJ Ford though in a Z-Bo trade.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

76ers
Dalembert-3 years
Reggie Evans- 3 years

Kings
Artest
Kenny Thomas-2 years

Raptors
TJ Ford
Rasho Nestorivich
for Randolph and Balkman

im feeling those 3 if we can get Zach out and keep our pick release cap and still get an impact player i consider that a very succesful trade. Than if westill decide to trade our pick we could trade it along with Curry to clear his *++ out of here as well.

I had a silly dream.. I'd like to share my dream with all of you..

Knicks send:
Zach Randolph
Malik Rose
David Lee
Mardy Collins

Knicks get:
Michael Redd
Charlie Villanueva
Bobby Simmons

Bucks send:
Michael Redd
Charlie Villanueva
Bobby Simmons

Bucks get:
Zach Randolph
Malik Rose
David Lee
Mardy Collins

Why? We still have Nate Robinson, Stephon Marbury, and Jamal Crawford. We can draft Danilo Gallinari or DeAndre Jordan at #8. Bucks would like to draft a guardin the draft. So they can pick up a guard at #6. Bobby Simmons will be an expiring in the 2009-2010 season. I remember the way he played for the Clippers. Hewas a solid player that time. Hope he can find his old rhyme of this game. Charlie Villanueva fits in Mike D'Antoni's system. We need a pure shooter,Michael Redd. Jamal Crawford is a streaky shooter. I don't trust him when he have the ball in his hands.

If you don't like my dream, then that's cool with me. Thank you for your timing. Let's go Knicks!

Originally Posted by d3simet

I had a silly dream.. I'd like to share my dream with all of you..

Knicks send:
Zach Randolph
Malik Rose
David Lee
Mardy Collins

Knicks get:
Michael Redd
Charlie Villanueva
Bobby Simmons

Bucks send:
Michael Redd
Charlie Villanueva
Bobby Simmons

Bucks get:
Zach Randolph
Malik Rose
David Lee
Mardy Collins

Why? We still have Nate Robinson, Stephon Marbury, and Jamal Crawford. We can draft Danilo Gallinari or DeAndre Jordan at #8. Bucks would like to draft a guard in the draft. So they can pick up a guard at #6. Bobby Simmons will be an expiring in the 2009-2010 season. I remember the way he played for the Clippers. He was a solid player that time. Hope he can find his old rhyme of this game. Charlie Villanueva fits in Mike D'Antoni's system. We need a pure shooter, Michael Redd. Jamal Crawford is a streaky shooter. I don't trust him when he have the ball in his hands.

If you don't like my dream, then that's cool with me. Thank you for your timing. Let's go Knicks!
there's not enough shots to go around

rumor has it bdiddy is interested in a sign and trade to NY...dont do it if it costs us steph's expiring contract and cripples our cap flexibility

B. Diddy is just trying to use the Knicks as leverage the way every other person involved with the NBA looking to get a new contract does.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

B. Diddy is just trying to use the Knicks as leverage the way every other person involved with the NBA looking to get a new contract does.

either way there is no way bdiddy is gettin more than the 17+ mill he's set to make next year

i see the 1st 6 picks playing out like this

Bulls -- Derrick Rose
Heat -- Michael Beasley *
Wolves-- Brooke Lopez
Sonics -- Jerryd Bayless
Grizzlies-- Deandre Jordan
Knicks -- OJ Mayo

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

i see the 1st 6 picks playing out like this

Bulls -- Derrick Rose
Heat -- Michael Beasley *
Wolves-- Brooke Lopez
Sonics -- Jerryd Bayless
Grizzlies-- Deandre Jordan
Knicks -- OJ Mayo

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I would be estatic if OJ drops to us
and about Baron i we can give up ZBo's contract in the deal i would be down. I know its alot like Steph, but im a BIG Baron Davis fan and he is one of the best PGs in the NBA. And if we cangive up one bad contract for another Baron is obviously the better player, so why not? I mean i know we would obviously have to giv up more than Z Bo, but ifwe can get him while keeping Steph and trading Z Bo i think i would be down.

Back
Top Bottom