Official New York Yankees Offseason Thread

Heard this rumor on the radio today about the Phillies maybe trading Cole Hamels for a very much needed right hand bat, because his contract is up and they aren't sure they can afford to keep him. I believe there's no way that this happens, here in Philly all of the buzz around the team is about them having four number 1 starters. This city would go crazy if they dealt him.

Only Yankee news I've been seeing has been about the Pinstripe Bowl tomorrow
laugh.gif

/still secretly hopes Andy Pettitte will report from GEORGE'S BAWX during halftime and announce he is coming back...

Only Yankee news I've been seeing has been about the Pinstripe Bowl tomorrow
laugh.gif

/still secretly hopes Andy Pettitte will report from GEORGE'S BAWX during halftime and announce he is coming back...

Read an interesting article on Bleacher Report. It basically said that Cashman's job is not in any danger so he has no reason to really make a move. If the Yanks were still in a championship drought or it was the last year of his contract, you would probably see him try to make some kind of blockbuster move.

Read an interesting article on Bleacher Report. It basically said that Cashman's job is not in any danger so he has no reason to really make a move. If the Yanks were still in a championship drought or it was the last year of his contract, you would probably see him try to make some kind of blockbuster move.

stupid rumors circling about Yankees being interested in Bartolo Colon...if we get him...I will run my head through a wall

stupid rumors circling about Yankees being interested in Bartolo Colon...if we get him...I will run my head through a wall

Will I have to change my sig to read "ANDY PETTITTE IS A RETIRED PITCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

[Mike Singletary]Can't do it.[/Mike Singletary]

Relatively quiet on the free agent front. Been reading about the Yankees talking about Andruw Jones as an extra bat and looking at Justin Duchscherer (in the event Pettitte really does not come back).

Will I have to change my sig to read "ANDY PETTITTE IS A RETIRED PITCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

[Mike Singletary]Can't do it.[/Mike Singletary]

Relatively quiet on the free agent front. Been reading about the Yankees talking about Andruw Jones as an extra bat and looking at Justin Duchscherer (in the event Pettitte really does not come back).

I like the signing but not for 3 years. Solidifies the bullpen. But I HATE giving the Rays another draft pick. They have 10 or so in the first 80 or 85 picks in this years draft that is EXTREMELY loaded with talent.

I like the signing but not for 3 years. Solidifies the bullpen. But I HATE giving the Rays another draft pick. They have 10 or so in the first 80 or 85 picks in this years draft that is EXTREMELY loaded with talent.

Supposedly there is an opt-out clause after the first year, according to some people on the intarwebz.

If he opts out the Yankees get the draft pick from the team that acquires him...most likely it would be a high-ranking pick.

Supposedly there is an opt-out clause after the first year, according to some people on the intarwebz.

If he opts out the Yankees get the draft pick from the team that acquires him...most likely it would be a high-ranking pick.

From LoHud:
UPDATE, 9:40 p.m.: Tyler Kepner has the contract breakdown: Soriano can opt out after the first or second year. If he opts out after 2011, he gets $11.5 million. If he opts out after 2012, he gets $21.5 million total. If he sticks around for all three years of the contract, Soriano gets the full $35 million.

As for the impact on the rest of the roster, I just talked to a Yankees source who said there has been no internal discussion about signing a reliever so that Joba Chamberlain is free to move back to the rotation. Unless something changes, the plan is still to keep Chamberlain in the bullpen.

From LoHud:
UPDATE, 9:40 p.m.: Tyler Kepner has the contract breakdown: Soriano can opt out after the first or second year. If he opts out after 2011, he gets $11.5 million. If he opts out after 2012, he gets $21.5 million total. If he sticks around for all three years of the contract, Soriano gets the full $35 million.

As for the impact on the rest of the roster, I just talked to a Yankees source who said there has been no internal discussion about signing a reliever so that Joba Chamberlain is free to move back to the rotation. Unless something changes, the plan is still to keep Chamberlain in the bullpen.

Back
Top Bottom