Official New York Yankees Offseason Thread

Didn't even know Dustin Moseley was gone.

We need 2-3 more RH relievers, A #4 or #5 starter depending on Andy's official decision. A utility infielder. And a DH/OF kind of guy

I think with Wood going it may open up Rafael Soriano a little more. I know Cashman is opposed to paying closer salaries for non closers but with Wood gone he'd have a larger role on the team as a setup man (= extra $) and he's only 30 so we could make him the closer when Mo leaves. 4yr/$40-45mil should be the offer

we supposed to be scared of boston now?????

indifferent.gif

I really hope we can sign Soriano, it would really help bridge the gap to Mo, I do like the Feliciano signing...

and Fuentes wan't Scott Downs money...%#@+!, didn't like him anyway

I really hope we can sign Soriano, it would really help bridge the gap to Mo, I do like the Feliciano signing...

and Fuentes wan't Scott Downs money...%#@+!, didn't like him anyway

According to Fanhouse the Red Sox are also in the hunt for Fuentes. The way that this offseason is going the Yanks should prob cross him off the list too.

The Yankees entire plan for the offseason was to improve their starting rotation and bullpen. They went full throttle for Lee but weren't able to land him, but as a GM you should have a backup plan and it doesn't feel like they had one. With all of the heat from fans and media, and all of Boston's moves I can see Hank Steinbrenner blowing his top and force Cashman into a desperation move like giving away our entire farm system for Greinke or Zambrano.

According to Fanhouse the Red Sox are also in the hunt for Fuentes. The way that this offseason is going the Yanks should prob cross him off the list too.

The Yankees entire plan for the offseason was to improve their starting rotation and bullpen. They went full throttle for Lee but weren't able to land him, but as a GM you should have a backup plan and it doesn't feel like they had one. With all of the heat from fans and media, and all of Boston's moves I can see Hank Steinbrenner blowing his top and force Cashman into a desperation move like giving away our entire farm system for Greinke or Zambrano.

Originally Posted by BartVader

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Bye Grienke.. I really wonder what our rotation will look like.
IF Andy hangs 'em up, not good...
Without Andy it'll prob be Sabathia, Hughes, Burnett, Nova, and Mitre. There's no way Cashman can think that this rotation can contend for a championship. Maybe its time they call up Clemens, tell him start back his Hgh and come to spring training.

And with the Martin signing, do they carry 3 catchers? Posada, Martin, Montero, and/or maybe Cervelli?

Originally Posted by BartVader

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Bye Grienke.. I really wonder what our rotation will look like.
IF Andy hangs 'em up, not good...
Without Andy it'll prob be Sabathia, Hughes, Burnett, Nova, and Mitre. There's no way Cashman can think that this rotation can contend for a championship. Maybe its time they call up Clemens, tell him start back his Hgh and come to spring training.

And with the Martin signing, do they carry 3 catchers? Posada, Martin, Montero, and/or maybe Cervelli?

Yankees signing former Yankee relief pitcher Luis Vizcaino to a minor-league contract.

As my friend used to say in 2007, when Vizcaino was in our bullpen: "NOBODY BEATS THE VIZ!"

Power moves non-stop.
indifferent.gif

Can't write this team off yet; it's only December, pitchers and catchers report in February, and the season starts in April.

Yankees signing former Yankee relief pitcher Luis Vizcaino to a minor-league contract.

As my friend used to say in 2007, when Vizcaino was in our bullpen: "NOBODY BEATS THE VIZ!"

Power moves non-stop.
indifferent.gif

Can't write this team off yet; it's only December, pitchers and catchers report in February, and the season starts in April.

Any ideas of who might be available during the trade deadline for the rotation? Obviously it matters on whos out of it but are there any ideas of who?

Any ideas of who might be available during the trade deadline for the rotation? Obviously it matters on whos out of it but are there any ideas of who?

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Kinda hard to tell who might be available but lot of reporters are speculating that:
Francisco Liriano Twins - if they sign back Pavano cause they have about 5-6 quality starters
Fausto Carmona Indians - Are basically in rebuilding stage
*Josh Johnson Marlins - permanent rebuilding stage, plus they may not feel they can compete with Phillies
*Chris Carpenter or *Adam Wainwright Cardinals - if they get off to a slow start and decide they want to shed salaries to sign back Pujols
Carlos Zambrano Cubs - they would love to unload his contract
Barry Zito Giants - same as above
Others could include Brett Myers, Matt Garza, or some current free agents like Chris Young, Brandon Webb, Kevin Millwood, etc who may sign 1 year contracts with a team and could be made available to contenders at the deadline.

* Highly unlikely though

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Kinda hard to tell who might be available but lot of reporters are speculating that:
Francisco Liriano Twins - if they sign back Pavano cause they have about 5-6 quality starters
Fausto Carmona Indians - Are basically in rebuilding stage
*Josh Johnson Marlins - permanent rebuilding stage, plus they may not feel they can compete with Phillies
*Chris Carpenter or *Adam Wainwright Cardinals - if they get off to a slow start and decide they want to shed salaries to sign back Pujols
Carlos Zambrano Cubs - they would love to unload his contract
Barry Zito Giants - same as above
Others could include Brett Myers, Matt Garza, or some current free agents like Chris Young, Brandon Webb, Kevin Millwood, etc who may sign 1 year contracts with a team and could be made available to contenders at the deadline.

* Highly unlikely though

Just read the article about Cashman on ESPN.. He's not going to do anything... So it's C.C., A.J., Phil, Ivan Nova, and some other guy who has never pitched above Double A.

That includes getting a bullpen arm, he doesn't hint at going after anyone big in the bullpen.

I'm calling this a rebuilding year now..

Just read the article about Cashman on ESPN.. He's not going to do anything... So it's C.C., A.J., Phil, Ivan Nova, and some other guy who has never pitched above Double A.

That includes getting a bullpen arm, he doesn't hint at going after anyone big in the bullpen.

I'm calling this a rebuilding year now..

Back
Top Bottom