Official New York Yankees Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by Essential1

Just read the article about Cashman on ESPN.. He's not going to do anything... So it's C.C., A.J., Phil, Ivan Nova, and some other guy who has never pitched above Double A.

That includes getting a bullpen arm, he doesn't hint at going after anyone big in the bullpen.

I'm calling this a rebuilding year now..
yankees not making one power move
eek.gif
   too easy for boston

Just read the article about Cashman on ESPN.. He's not going to do anything... So it's C.C., A.J., Phil, Ivan Nova, and some other guy who has never pitched above Double A.

That includes getting a bullpen arm, he doesn't hint at going after anyone big in the bullpen.

yankees not making one power move
eek.gif
   too easy for boston

There's nothing much that Cashman can do right now. Everyone keeps talking about going after King Felix but he signed a 5 year extension with Seattle last year so why get rid of him if he's locked up. This upcoming season may be tough but the Yanks do have some good young pitchers that Cashman doesn't want to give up in a trade, like the "Killer B's"

There's nothing much that Cashman can do right now. Everyone keeps talking about going after King Felix but he signed a 5 year extension with Seattle last year so why get rid of him if he's locked up. This upcoming season may be tough but the Yanks do have some good young pitchers that Cashman doesn't want to give up in a trade, like the "Killer B's"

sox beat us at our own game , just hope cash knows what he's doing. could be a long year fellas
30t6p3b.gif

sox beat us at our own game , just hope cash knows what he's doing. could be a long year fellas
30t6p3b.gif

Lol at calling it a "rebuilding year" you guys are so spoiled just look at that payroll and compare it to other teams.

The Yankees just need to play up to their contracts (AJ Burnett, Jeter, Posada, etc...)

Lol at calling it a "rebuilding year" you guys are so spoiled just look at that payroll and compare it to other teams.

The Yankees just need to play up to their contracts (AJ Burnett, Jeter, Posada, etc...)

starting pitching is one thing.. But there was and still kind of is a %!%+ load of bullpen arms and all he gets is Feliciano and that's enough for him..

But we all know it's not.. That's the frustrating thing.. All the world knows our bullpen is weak besides Mo.. But he doesn't actively pursue anyone

starting pitching is one thing.. But there was and still kind of is a %!%+ load of bullpen arms and all he gets is Feliciano and that's enough for him..

But we all know it's not.. That's the frustrating thing.. All the world knows our bullpen is weak besides Mo.. But he doesn't actively pursue anyone

Maybe he's trying to take a page from the Phillies and is being secretive about who the Yankees are pursuing or planning to do. But it's starting to feel like 2008 all over again when they didn't make any real moves and they had to depend on young pitchers like Hughes and Ian Kennedy.

Maybe he's trying to take a page from the Phillies and is being secretive about who the Yankees are pursuing or planning to do. But it's starting to feel like 2008 all over again when they didn't make any real moves and they had to depend on young pitchers like Hughes and Ian Kennedy.

A rebuilding year? C'mon now, just because the Yanks are not the favorites people are falling all over themselves. Give me a break.

What do you want Cashman to do? Cliff was never coming, he wisely stayed away from Crawford, and you NEVER overpay for middle relief. Easiest position to obtain during the season, Wood was doing nothing for Cleavland, and the Yanks got him for peanuts. He ends up being lights out. Tossing around tens of millions of dollars just to make it look like you're making moves is a panic move at best, straight up idiotic at worst.

Cashman has done the right thing this off-season, stand pat and see how everything plays out with the young guys, and the players in line to have bounce-back seasons. (Jeter, Texiera, full season of Granderson with his new plate approach, etc) The only move worth making may have been to get a top flight guy like Greinke, but KC was asking for the sun and the moon. Y'all just need to chill.

A rebuilding year? C'mon now, just because the Yanks are not the favorites people are falling all over themselves. Give me a break.

What do you want Cashman to do? Cliff was never coming, he wisely stayed away from Crawford, and you NEVER overpay for middle relief. Easiest position to obtain during the season, Wood was doing nothing for Cleavland, and the Yanks got him for peanuts. He ends up being lights out. Tossing around tens of millions of dollars just to make it look like you're making moves is a panic move at best, straight up idiotic at worst.

Cashman has done the right thing this off-season, stand pat and see how everything plays out with the young guys, and the players in line to have bounce-back seasons. (Jeter, Texiera, full season of Granderson with his new plate approach, etc) The only move worth making may have been to get a top flight guy like Greinke, but KC was asking for the sun and the moon. Y'all just need to chill.

Fanhouse is reporting that the Yankees have discussed Manny and are showing interest in Johnny Damon. Not sure how I would feel about this, offense isn't the Yankees problem, and knowing that both of these players are represented by Scott Boras means that they aren't gonna come cheap. Money that could be spent on the bullpen.

Fanhouse is reporting that the Yankees have discussed Manny and are showing interest in Johnny Damon. Not sure how I would feel about this, offense isn't the Yankees problem, and knowing that both of these players are represented by Scott Boras means that they aren't gonna come cheap. Money that could be spent on the bullpen.

Originally Posted by airjordan2k4

I really have to facepalm thinking about the front office now.. It would be 1 thing, if we had no DH. But didn't we just make Posada the DH for the simple reason he can't do anything else.

Then we signed Russell Martin to be the Starting Catcher, and all things point to Montero being on the roster next year. So there is no space for Posada at catcher.

Neither Damon nor Manny (especially Manny) can field. So they'd play where exactly?  DH.

At least when we were considering Crawford, he was a guy who could field, run, and hit.

Instead of worrying about !%#! that we do not need. Maybe they should have put their cards in more than the 1 pot of Cliff Lee, when everyone was still on the board.

Originally Posted by airjordan2k4

I really have to facepalm thinking about the front office now.. It would be 1 thing, if we had no DH. But didn't we just make Posada the DH for the simple reason he can't do anything else.

Then we signed Russell Martin to be the Starting Catcher, and all things point to Montero being on the roster next year. So there is no space for Posada at catcher.

Neither Damon nor Manny (especially Manny) can field. So they'd play where exactly?  DH.

At least when we were considering Crawford, he was a guy who could field, run, and hit.

Instead of worrying about !%#! that we do not need. Maybe they should have put their cards in more than the 1 pot of Cliff Lee, when everyone was still on the board.

texeira is sayin that pettite is leaning towards retirement

soria says he wouldn't block a trade to come here

texeira is sayin that pettite is leaning towards retirement

soria says he wouldn't block a trade to come here

yea but KC said they wont trade Soria...I'd love for him to be in Pinstripes...he is awesome.

we still need starting pitching...bad

yea but KC said they wont trade Soria...I'd love for him to be in Pinstripes...he is awesome.

we still need starting pitching...bad

Heard this rumor on the radio today about the Phillies maybe trading Cole Hamels for a very much needed right hand bat, because his contract is up and they aren't sure they can afford to keep him. I believe there's no way that this happens, here in Philly all of the buzz around the team is about them having four number 1 starters. This city would go crazy if they dealt him.

Back
Top Bottom