:::[Official NFC Championship] San Francisco 49ers vs. New York Giants @ Candlestick:::

Too be honest the GMen won early on because of the light schedule nothing more, the WR play has been very inconsistent and it was difficult to have chemistry when week in and week out there was no consistency with the players being there, combined with most difficult stretch in the league, not surprised they lost a lot of close games.

First time the pass rush has been healthy all year along with WR playing at a high level. The defense had guys playing out of position all year due to injuries and there were always mixups and miscommunication almost every quarter, I look at them now and they just look extremely sharp and everyone knows where to go, just looks like a completely different monster and things are much simplified.
**EDIT*** Mez just saw your post.  So your argument is that players who played against us in week 10 werent all that healthy and they are now?  I STILL dont buy it.  You point to receivers coming off injuries.  They played and played well.  So you guys are slightly healthier now.  Doesnt make you a different team.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

They played alright but a healthy Maningham catches that 40 yard pass that was thrown to him where he did not make that dive, Nicks was also limping a lot. and the bad route running which had been an issue all year (led to the INT) and dropped passes has gone down a lot.

At this point I expect both teams best right now, both of these teams have every right to be as confident as the other,

Mez, aren't u the one that said Osi and tuck were out of the game in week 10? I think the giants go back to the way they played all year, inconsistent. These receivers are going to hear the footsteps and get alligator arms. The niners have been playing very good football all year long.

Mez you got 29k+ posts right now. All this dude wants is your SN on the line.

Bet him 29 grand for your screen name. It'd be worth it. Giants lose, you start over. Giants win, he coughs up 29 thousand of them thangs since money is apparently not a thing to him.

I corrected myself shortly afterwards, but both were very injured and non factors at all.

Tuck is still hurt but Osis return has helped him, did not know Alex Smith has been sacked so much... Gmen need to apply pressure with a 4 man rush, and they've been good at stopping the run.

That will be one of the big things that could dictate the game, whether the Niner's Oline can contain the Giant's Dline. I am also curious to see how Gore does against your D, I am almost certain that the Niners will use a more balanced method against your defense as far as running and throwing.

I just read the last few pages of this thread to catch up........
laugh.gif
.  This thread is entertaining indeed.  Thanks for the update about Ted Ginn Jr.

The giants got a mulligan with the packers. point blank, nobody can argue that. those weren't the packers, you guys won't get that lucky with the niners being like that this sunday

the 49ers are a more all around complete team than GB as well, we don't have as many holes that you guys took advantage of

The stick was a madhouse last game, if it's not raining too bad then it will be DEAFENING this week

+1 on the giants not being a "different team" now. maybe in terms that they were losing then, and winning now. but as far as identity, personnel, strategy......same team.

The saints D-line is more of a threat than the giants as far as pressure goes. Alex got hit quite a few times but they made adjustments and called plays to dump it off quick, same thing this week.

that's one of the more impressive things with this team this year. their ability to make adjustments throughout the game, and execute them sufficiently.

Who does the 49ers have other than Vernon Davis? 
Crabtree? REALLY? 
laugh.gif

Giants secondary>Saints

Alex isn't doing A THING against us this time around.

Originally Posted by glasses

The saints D-line is more of a threat than the giants as far as pressure goes. Alex got hit quite a few times but they made adjustments and called plays to dump it off quick, same thing this week.
wrong-o!

Giants can apply pressure with their front 4 leaving more players in coverage. The Saints can't, and didn't, do that. They put more guys on the line and dared Smith to throw in single coverage.

Either way it should be a good game.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

wrong-o!

Giants can apply pressure with their front 4 leaving more players in coverage. The Saints can't, and didn't, do that. They put more guys on the line and dared Smith to throw in single coverage.

Totally agree with LosALMIGHTY. Giants front 4 has helped the secondary so much this late part of the season going into the playoffs.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

wrong-o!

Maiocco writes that the Saints blitzed 32 times in 46 pass plays against the 49ers Saturday. San Francisco settled down their protections by the end of the game.

As Saints safety Malcom Jenkins said, New Orleans lives by the blitz and dies by the blitz.

We think Roman was just tweaking Williams, but it seems the Saints died in small part because Williams and the Saints staff tried to prove a point back in August.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ful-saints-showed-their-blitzes-in-preseason/

^ Dom does it say how many defenders the Saints rushed? My point is that the giants can blitz with just their front four whereas the Saints can't.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Damn. I just read the Giants are undefeated in the NFC Championship? 
embarassed.gif

they were undefeated in super bowls as well before the ravens mollywopped em.  

whatever happened in the past has no meaning on sunday.

that said 6:30 sunday needs to get here already.

+1 on the giants not being a "different team" now. maybe in terms that they were losing then, and winning now. but as far as identity, personnel, strategy......same team.

that's one of the more impressive things with this team this year. their ability to make adjustments throughout the game, and execute them sufficiently.
IMO they are a different team just because their players are now healthy or healthier. 
Giants front 4>Saint front, c'mon, JPP, Tuck, Osi.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Who does the 49ers have other than Vernon Davis? 
Crabtree? REALLY? 
laugh.gif

Giants secondary>Saints

Alex isn't doing A THING against us this time around.
Gore, Crabtree, ALEX!  Hate it when people make statements like your last one (not singling you out), I mean you dont know that.  Thats what made the Saints fans look stupid last week. 

This glasses guy obviously has no respect for the Giants defense and the role they played in causing the Packers to play so bad. It's cool though.

I hope JPP or Osi break Smith's ribs and leg to wake him up to what a threat the Giants 4 man rush actually is. Straight up cut through that weak O-line.

i have a feeling this game is going to come down to a bad call made by the refs to give the niners the win.

If we're taking the conspiracy theory route...
Giants+Ravens= rematch of a terrible game

Giants+Patriots= rematch of a bitter Patriots team who had the chance at a perfect season

49ers+Ravens= "Harbaugh bowl" aka defensive snoozefest.

49ers+Patriots = dead week for the media.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

i have a feeling this game is going to come down to a bad call made by the refs to give the niners the win.

i dont know about that, i have the Giants winning by at least 10

The giants got a mulligan with the packers. point blank, nobody can argue that. those weren't the packers, you guys won't get that lucky with the niners being like that this sunday

the 49ers are a more all around complete team than GB as well, we don't have as many holes that you guys took advantage of

The stick was a madhouse last game, if it's not raining too bad then it will be DEAFENING this week

The %%@% I read on nt is unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom